+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sorry all ... the number of requests for reviews have increased a lot. I have quite a few pending essays to review. I will try to review them ASAP. Thanks!

Arvin paul

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hii Cansha please evaluate my essay i had faced this in my real exam yesterday...

task 2
Far more attention is paid in the society on men's sport than women's sport .
What are the reasons behind this ?
Do you think its positive or negative situation

IN THIS MODERN ERA,SPORTS ARE BECOMING INCRESINGLY POPULAR AMONG ALL TYPES OF INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING BOTH SEXES.HOWEVER ,OFTENLY GOVERNMENT AND OTHER SPORTS ORGANISATION SPENT HIGH INCOME ON ONLY MEN's games due to some core reasons rather than women's sports activities .However,in my poing of view this tendency is negative due to unequlibrium among both genders.On the other hand,this is not an insurmountable problem if governments and sports organisation take some prudent decision to curtail with this issue.

Initially,the two most significant reasons why high amount of money make only on men's sports activities as compared to female games.Firstly, high amount of salary:Men have handsome ration of incentives in each and every game rather than girls so government usually focus on them than girls.Secondly,Stronger availabilty of bone powers among men.There are some rare games which only played by boys due to their high frequency of power .Horse Sports competition,for instance,which is only played by men owing to their strongestness of power.In short these are two secondary reasons about this.

On the contrary ,In my opinion , i believe that this notion is relatively adverse impact on society due to some reason.Why this I mean is that Society always take unequilibrium balance among boys ang girls due to their rights .To be more precise,girls have also rights to do those task which is only preferable for men so this is entirely unfare in the behalf of girls.On the other hand,this is not an issue if society take prudent decision to balance this tendency .

To encapsulate,this essay discussed some most significant reasons why money only invest on male's sports including high power of stronger availability of bones and handsome remunerations.However,in my opinion this notion is undoubtedly adverse impact on society due to unbalance in girls and boys .Personaly ,the sollution to cope with this is take careful decisions by sports managment as well as governments

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello brothers and sister, I'm new.
I have just known this forum today, but I also read main topics.
Dear FaithandHope and other friends who are struggling with writing. There are a bunch of people who stuck in writing 6.5 after many times sitting the exam. Some even studied in Australia, Europe, meaning their English is nearly as good as native. So, I believe Ielts is a global scam. No need to say about this, only people have experienced feel.
My English is not good because my nation and my family are poor. I got 7.0 overall in July and intend to study until reaching clb9 all skills. But, it seems unlikely. You guys are better than me, huge gaps. So, I have some quesions, hopefully you, generous friends, help me see my road.
1. FaithandHope, from 01/2018, have you spent all your time on Ielts, or you have to work while revising. It's been 9 months you have stuck in 6.5. Fuck Ielts.
2. The same question for other friends. Could you kindly share your timeline stuck in Ielts?
3. I have a friend who can sponsor me to settle in Manitoba, because he owns a restaurant in a remote area. He agrees to help me. I have to pay lawyer fee, only 15000 cad. I firstly intend to follow FSW program, but due to this scandal about Ielts, I'm considering my friend's help. He is as older as my mother. my far relative is his friend. That's it. My question is: should I follow my friend' sponsor, giving up FSW because of Ielts? My birthday is May 13, I'm afraid that I can not reach writing 7 before May, and my score for age will lose five. If I get clb 9 all skills before May, my CRS will be 453. Who know I may stuck till 2020!!
I appreciate all your answers. Wish we will settle in Canada soon.
On 3 ... I don't know you or your friend. But I can say this. 15000 CAD is hell lot of money. So not sure why would you say only 15000CAD. If money is not an issue for you, take that route if it is legal ... so confirm with some immigration consultant. Also, if 15000 CAS is kind of your life savings I would suggest not to take such a big risk and try and improve score.

Reactions: MaryNguyen

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha Please review this task 2. Thank you.

Q. Some people say Olympic games are not relevant in 21st century.Do you agree or disagree.

Ans:
I don't know if you have even read my reviews of your 2 tasks 1s. So I will review this essay but not the next one. There are a lot of essays to review and don't want to spend time reviewing if you are not going to read those reviews. And even if you are reading reviews it will be better that you follow the reviews and write the essays by following some basic suggestions. For example, at least have a space between two sentences. It is easy to fix and much better to read for me. Thanks!

Olympic games are popular since ancient times.In some debates it is often considered that olympic O is always capital in Olympic games are not much important in this century.However, such events has have unique place in peoples mind and countries too.These games cannot replace value with latest innovation and technical enhancement by physically,financially and socially.
I didn't understand what you wanted to say in the last line of the introduction. Also, similar error as in Task 1 where you are using wrong verb forms.

Most important reason of disagreement is that Olympic games identify people's capabilities of talent and entertainment activity rather than materialistic item. I kind of understand what you want to say here but the phrasing is not really good.

Some countries specially known by their sport persons and their abilities.

For example Though Portugal is small country but its football team is best in world.Same as USA swimming champions are well known among all nations.Secondly, the Olympic events would widen the horizons not only for the players but also for viewers from various nations.These attributes cannot get thought 21st century's development.
Ok the good thing is that the passage structure is good. You start with argument, support it and then give example. So that's good. However, the English, Phrasing, Grammar is not up to the mark.

Likewise, Olympic games enhance the financial status of country and olympians.Such events flourish the economy by tourisum, players,viewers,delgates and habitants of host country.For example, When last to last event hosted in India, the effects of this event clearly identified by country people.The internet was speed improved.The roads were rebuild. The tourisum news was improved policies to attract people.Air fairs revized with discounted prices.The Indians who living outside country booked advanced tickets specially for these games.And also demanded for live broadcast on more TV channels.
I'm very sorry. I don't want to be harsh or discourage you. But, please read a bit more and spend time reading your own work.

To recapitulate, although these are controversy related to Olympic games, the satisfaction which people cannot get by latest technological improvements, they can get it by numerous sport events. So one should not avoid such games.

Reactions: p_u and MaryNguyen

Arvin paul

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hii Cansha please evaluate my essay please

task 2
Far more attention is paid in the society on men's sport than women's sport .
What are the reasons behind this ?
Do you think its positive or negative situation

IN THIS MODERN ERA,SPORTS ARE BECOMING INCREASINGLY POPULAR AMONG ALL TYPES OF INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING BOTH SEXES.HOWEVER ,OFTENLY GOVERNMENT AND OTHER SPORTS ORGANISATION SPENT HIGH INCOME ON ONLY MEN's games due to some core reasons rather than women's sports activities .However,in my point of view this tendency is negative impact on society due to unequlibrium among both genders.

Initially,the two most significant reasons why high amount of money make only on men's sports activities as compared to female games.Firstly, high amount of salary:Men have handsome ratio of incentives in each and every game rather than girls so government usually focus on them than girls paradoxically.Secondly,Stronger availabilty of bone powers of men.There are some rare games which only played by boys due to their high frequency of power .Horse Sports competition,for instance,which is only played by men owing to their strongestness of power.In short, these are two secondary reasons about this.

On the contrary ,In my opinion , i believe that this notion is relatively adverse impact on society due to some reason.Why this I mean is that Society always take unequilibrium balance among boys ang girls due to their rights .To be more precise,girls have also rights to do those task which is only preferable for men so this is entirely unfare in the behalf of girls.On the other hand,this is not an issue if society take some prudent decision to balance this tendency .

To encapsulate,this essay discussed some most significant reasons why money only invest on male's sports including high power of stronger availability of bones and handsome remunerations.However,in my opinion this notion is undoubtedly adverse effect on society due to unbalance in girls and boys .Personaly ,the sollution to cope with this is to take careful decisions by sports managment as well as governments.

MaryNguyen

Oct 19, 2018
On 3 ... I don't know you or your friend. But I can say this. 15000 CAD is hell lot of money. So not sure why would you say only 15000CAD. If money is not an issue for you, take that route if it is legal ... so confirm with some immigration consultant. Also, if 15000 CAS is kind of your life savings I would suggest not to take such a big risk and try and improve score.
Dear Cansha,
15000cad means a lot to my budget. I even can not afford 10 times sitting the ielts exam. "ONLY" means that I don't have to worry about ielts and the period of processing documents if I apply FSW any more, so I can concentrate on other tasks. You know, when I read the story about FaithandHope and other people who are struggling, I felt hopeless and wanted to stop studying Ielts immediately. Beside, I was afraid that I would need one more year for Ielts and my CRS score will not meet the requirement at that time because CRS score will increase gradually. However, I'm relieved a little now, after several days of shocking. Cansha, you are right. I have set an appointment with my friend and I will ask all crucial information, especially which program he sponsors me.
I appreciate your valuable advice, Cansha, so much, you know?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Write about the following topic:

Nowadays plastic money replacements such as credit and debit cards are extremely popular, even more than banknotes and coins.

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Plastic money has taken over today’s retail industry by a storm. Nowadays, missing comma it is quite unlikely that you do not find a debit or credit card in the wallet of any person. Banks have even launched supplementary cards for kids ! While plastic money is famous wrong word choice for its convenience and safety, their impact on our monthly budgets cannot be ignored.
I like the intro. In the last line replace the word famous by advantages. Just to make sure your task response is clear. Famous, anyways is little odd in that context.

Replacement of paper currency and metal coins by debit or credit cards has brought about convenience and safety in our lives.

At one place, odd phrase we do not have to rush to the bank again and again to withdraw cash for our daily expenditure and on the other hand, added safety features in electronic cards does do not allow anyone else to transact on our behalf. For example, debit/credit card has given us a 24 hours access to a large pool of funds which was not possible earlier with banknotes. Now you do not have to keep a large amount of cash with you everywhere and everything has shrinked into a piece of plastic. Similarly, added features like pin code or puck code deter any malicious or unauthorized transactions into your account.
I like the idea and flow is good.

By and large, everything has some advantages and disadvantages. This line is a complete waste. That's the whole topic isn't it?

it is up to the user, how he exploits it. It can add into utility or create havoc in your finances. It is better to keep a close eye on one’s debit or credit card spending.
See your conclusion in IELTS is expected to revisit main points of your essay. In this case that is not happening.

Moeedkh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
I like the intro. In the last line replace the word famous by advantages. Just to make sure your task response is clear. Famous, anyways is little odd in that context.

I like the idea and flow is good.

See your conclusion in IELTS is expected to revisit main points of your essay. In this case that is not happening.
Do you think the location of even is fine in this line ? (have even launched)
what band I am getting ?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Do you think the location of even is fine in this line ? (have even launched)
what band I am getting ?
Yes that sentence is correct. Band is tricky to say my friend. But as I have said before if you write to your best of the abilities you will get more than 7. You have all that is needed. When is your test?

Moeedkh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Many high-level positions in companies are filled by men even though the workforce in many developed countries is more than 50 per cent female. Companies should be required to allocate a certain percentage of these positions to women.

To what extent do you agree?

According to a research by Harvard Business Review, a strong glass ceiling exist for females in almost all organizations of the world. Though a healthy proportion of women can be observed in companies but it is highly unlikely that they could reach a C-level position. Few people argue that there should a fixed quota for females in top level positions but I totally disagree with the notion. Top Level position should be awarded on the basis of performance only, regardless of the gender, as these positions decide the future of thousands of employees. This requirement will influence the selection of top leadership and it will be hard to find a competent women, as they are generally not taken seriously in business.

Executives are the decision makers and they are the driving force for the success for any organization The decisions they make do not effect them only but the entire workforce. Such key positions should be awarded only on the basis of competence rather than just to fulfill an obligatory requirement. For example, one company might not find a suitable female candidate for a position but with this requirement, they will be bound to depute a female. Any attempt to do this will do not good to the company and society as a whole.

Moreover, according to many researchers, women are generally not taken seriously in business. They may fail to earn necessary trust required to run and grow a business. The reason being lack of trust in women’s abilities and them being considered as a home maker. For instance, if a woman heads a corporate meetings, it is quite likely that people will not give enough heed to her, as compared to, if a man was speaking. It is very difficult for women to establish their credibility as compared to a man. Even if they become successful internally, they might not get desired response from customers or clients.

Altogether, corporate leaders should be chosen on the basis of their achievements rather than a quota requirement. Women have much more difficult time to prove themselves as top leaders as compared to their counterpart men and one might end up being led by an incompetent boss.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha I have tried to add relevant examples here to achieve task achievement. pls let me know if you find this one better
Also, the word count of essays I write at home nearly touches 330. Is that ok ?

In recent years children have been given more freedom than in the past.
Do you think this is a positive or a negative developm
ent?

-------------------------------------------
It is a tough topic!

Nowadays, there has been an evolution in the children’s behavior and mindset. Earlier, they used to have less freedom than they have now.

In my honest opinion, this progress has more negatives than positives due to its impact on their lives and society. Give some preview of your arguments
See this topic is tough. But when you have topics like these ask yourself what is the topic asking you. There is no direct paraphrasing needed here as in case of many essays and what we traditionally do in an introduction. Instead in topics like these define what does "more freedom" mean. And by that you can steer your conversation of essay. For example, where do children have more freedom ... in choosing their clothes, choosing their friends, food, career, sports. WHAT exactly is more freedom. You can steer the conversation however you like but then you really need to build your essay.

As I said this is a tough topic.

To begin with, undoubtedly the technological advancements have made the youth more informed than before. As a result, they now have access to all kinds of information online. For instance, they do not have to rely on their parents to help them with their homework. They can search online and complete their homework and school projects without any parental guidance. Also, with time, parents have become more open-minded and they now allow their children to take important decisions. For example, teenagers nowadays take up part-time jobs and earn their own pocket money to spend on their needs, instead of depending on their parents.
So what is your point. Children have more freedom in surfing the Internet? Or they have more freedom to do part time jobs?

However, the demerits of this development cannot be debunked. Not really a good word to use. Debunked is generally used with debunking a myth or belief. In this case it is neither. Some words have their association with something. So not really appropriate here.

Firstly, although children depend on the information online, many a time contradicting information is available, when acquired from different sources. As a result, this can confuse children and can make them take the wrong decision. Additionally, elders earlier had a track of their children’s activities and hence were able to guide them better. The youth nowadays do not consult their elders for any advice and instead, rely on the internet for relationship advice or other serious life decisions. For instance, cases of adolescents trying medical abortion by themselves have spiked. Instead of confiding in their elders, they resort to the quick fixes offered online and fail miserably. Therefore, the independence which today's children enjoy can have a negative impact on the present generation.
Hmmm ... you are on a very different path here.

In conclusion, unlike the past, the youth today is self-sufficient and enjoys a sense of emancipation. This is an unavoidable change but certainly has a negative impact on their lives and society since consequently, parents do not have control over their lives which makes the youth of today make the wrong choices.

See, you think your problem is in evidences or examples. BUT that is not the case here or for that matter in most essays. Problem is not the example .. problem is how you develop your argument. After reading the essay I'm still not sure you addressed what does more freedom mean. All I can get is Children are surfing more Internet these days!

And lastly, don't take this essay to heart. This is a really tough topic and as I write this review I know even I will struggle to write a good essay on this topic. So just ignore this topic or google this topic and see if you can find an essay on this topic and pick a few ideas from there.

Reactions: paddukutti

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha,
Please evaluate this essay and suggest improvements. Thank you.

Topic- the tendency of human beings to copy one another is shown in popularity of fashion clothes and consumer goods. To what extent you agree or disagree.

Since ages people have emulated their contemporaries to upgrade or maintain their social status. I completely agree with the statement that this inclination to follow others can be gauged from the popularity of fashionable clothes and consumer products because of rise in sales of branded products as compared to others. I get the idea in the last line but somehow it is very oddly phrased. It is tough to read in the first read. May be can be reworded a bit.
Over the years, footfalls in branded showrooms and malls have increased tremendously. People, in order to copy their style icons, visit these showrooms to dress up themselves in a similar manner to their idols. For instance, this propensity (excellent word choice) to follow others can be witnessed at auspicious occasions such as festivals and marriages where people wear attires which are in vogue (super) and are endorsed by celebrities. However, mass following of a particular designer wear is ephemeral superb and is replaced by a new fashion trend after some time.
The idea is very simple. The vocab is EXCELLENT. Brilliant word choices. But honestly, it is just about touching the task response. It's not bad but could have more "punch"

Similarly, this pattern to follow the footstep of others can be seen in the buying trends of the utility products. Often, people make the decision for their purchase based on the feedback of other individuals and the proportion of sales of that product as compared to its competitor. To illustrate, sales of Xiomi brand in mobile phones overtook that of Samsung in the year 2017 by more than 50% indicating people follow a particular trend by copying each other.
Not sure the example is really on point with the topic. It's related but for me it is weak. Not sure about the examiner. But overall, the second paragraph doesn't offer anything new per se. It is the same argument but you replaced clothes with phones. Is it enough for task response? I'm a little iffy on that. What do you think?

In conclusion, I firmly believe, mass following in terms of purchase of branded apparels and consumer articles is a good indicator of human habit to copy others in the society
My suggestion would be do not write one line conclusions. I know some online classes may suggest this. But, I think write at least two sentences else it looks a little light and conclusion has a good weightage in score.

In my honest opinion, your English and Grammar never had major issues. Your vocab is really good. And you know how to use rare words. you're not just throwing them around. But many a times I get the feeling you have written the essay just to tick the box of practice. After second para the essay just becomes weak. I may be wrong and ignore if I'm wrong. But take a break from writing full essay and spend more time just idea generation and arranging the essay.

And lastly, I think you may not need all this at all. If i remember correctly, your IELTS score is due on Oct 26. I hope you don't have to give IELTS on 27th. All the best!

Moeedkh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
You had a good meal in a local restaurant with your family. Write a letter to the newspaper to tell them about it, describe the meal you had, and why you think the restaurant is worth visiting.

Dear Editor,

I am writing this letter to share with you a wonderful dining experience I had at a local restaurant. After a long time, I have come across an authentic Mexican restaurant in the city, providing the real taste of the origin.

It is a new restaurant named as ‘Nando’ opened at 26th street DHA. I visited the place last weekend and found it amazing. I ordered their peri- peri chicken and Espedata. The food was superb with right balance of spices. Chicken was well- done and juicy drenched in some delicious sauces. On the sidelines, the served boiled vegetables which complemented the taste so well. After the meal, I had their chocolate cake in desert and found it equally delicious. I think this place is great place for diners craving for spicy food.

I want you to publish my review in your newspaper as my recommendation to other people. Looking forward to read it in your newspaper.

Your’s Truly,

AMK

Moeedkh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Yes that sentence is correct. Band is tricky to say my friend. But as I have said before if you write to your best of the abilities you will get more than 7. You have all that is needed. When is your test?
It's a secret :)
Only few days left ..not many...

Akhil Soni

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
T
The idea is very simple. The vocab is EXCELLENT. Brilliant word choices. But honestly, it is just about touching the task response. It's not bad but could have more "punch"

Not sure the example is really on point with the topic. It's related but for me it is weak. Not sure about the examiner. But overall, the second paragraph doesn't offer anything new per se. It is the same argument but you replaced clothes with phones. Is it enough for task response? I'm a little iffy on that. What do you think?

My suggestion would be do not write one line conclusions. I know some online classes may suggest this. But, I think write at least two sentences else it looks a little light and conclusion has a good weightage in score.

In my honest opinion, your English and Grammar never had major issues. Your vocab is really good. And you know how to use rare words. you're not just throwing them around. But many a times I get the feeling you have written the essay just to tick the box of practice. After second para the essay just becomes weak. I may be wrong and ignore if I'm wrong. But take a break from writing full essay and spend more time just idea generation and arranging the essay.

And lastly, I think you may not need all this at all. If i remember correctly, your IELTS score is due on Oct 26. I hope you don't have to give IELTS on 27th. All the best!
Thanks cansha for the analysis. I am great full for your time and energy you spend on each task. Regarding this essay, to be very true I fell short of ideas, though, I tried to be different in both bp's. In the former I tried to emphasize that people copy style icons and sales of fashion clothes endorsed by them shows inclination of copying. In second paragraph, I illustrated that while buying articles people try to follow a trend which most people are following by reading their feedback and change in sales of mobile phones over an year exemplifies this aspect. This was my thought process to be on topic and not include irrelevant things. If you can suggest some point pertaining to the topic , it would be great. Lastly, I will have my result on 26th and hopefully I will score the desired bands.