+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Result for 3rd March 2018 withheld

saeed10410

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
If there is a band difference of 2 then they might re evaluate it again to check they there is a difference in performance.....but having said they might be other reasons as well which nobody can be sure of .....
We really appreciate that they maintain and ensure there quality checks. But sorry to say that there procedure is pathetic to withheld result of few candidates. They should declare results in one go for all candidates and must complete all procedures before that. Its just sort of torture to withheld results in this way. Its worth acceptable to announce complete result in 3 weeks after the test rather in bits and pieces with lots of elements of frustration, depressions, torture and disappointments.

Last edited:

saeed10410

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
sure .....my friend results received the same email and was told update about the result will be provided on 23rd March ....I am expecting the results to be out on 3rd April
May your expectations be true and all sufferers may get at least any update to get a bit relief and hang with some expectations rather frustrations.

Bratzee

Mar 16, 2018
We really appreciate that they maintain and ensure there quality checks. But sorry to say that there procedure is pathetic to withheld result of few candidates. They should declare results in one go for all candidates and must complete all procedures before that. Its just sort of torture to withheld results in this way. Its worth acceptable to announce complete result in 3 weeks after the test rather in bits and pieces with lots of elements of frustration, depressions, torture and disappointments.
True....I am loosing faith in British Council and I think its money making business more than anything else......lets hope they dont mess our scores and we dont have to go through the torture again.

Jkcp

Mar 6, 2016
Hello everyone,

I took the exam in Ontario and I could not access the results online. Anybody know what is happening?

Thank you.

saeed10410

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I took the exam in Ontario and I could not access the results online. Anybody know what is happening?

Thank you.
Result of number of candidates are withheld and they have received notification email for this happening. Check your email and if you have not received any email in this regards, then it is a matter of concern. You should call your test center. Might be possible that you directly get hardcopy of your result.

Jkcp

Mar 6, 2016
Result of number of candidates are withheld and they have received notification email for this happening. Check your email and if you have not received any email in this regards, then it is a matter of concern. You should call your test center. Might be possible that you directly get hardcopy of your result.
Thanks. I did not get any e-mail from them. I will call them Monday.

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application
I am from uae. My result is also on hold. Received the email to provide any information that support my quality evalution.
Any1 else got similar email ....

saeed10410

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I am from uae. My result is also on hold. Received the email to provide any information that support my quality evalution.
Any1 else got similar email ....
Yes received mail on 16th March that result is withheld for quality evaluation. After that no update yet. Waiting for another update.

atefm

Mar 4, 2018
It seems like it has something to do with the nationality of the candidates. Only people from Asia seem to be suffering from this random withholding of results.

zee aziz

Mar 20, 2018
hi
I too did the exam on March 3, 2018
this was my 7th attempt
and also my results were withheld here in UAE

this is the first time something like that has happened to me and it is quite nerve-racking to just wait and wait for the investigation team to release the results.

anyways the worst part of the emails notification that I got was, that there was no mention of when the investigation team will release the results and there was no reason mentioned for the investigations :(

the only thing we can do is wait for the next update from the British Council, for all who are stuck on the same boat.

good luck to all of us

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application
hi
I too did the exam on March 3, 2018
this was my 7th attempt
and also my results were withheld here in UAE

this is the first time something like that has happened to me and it is quite nerve-racking to just wait and wait for the investigation team to release the results.

anyways the worst part of the emails notification that I got was, that there was no mention of when the investigation team will release the results and there was no reason mentioned for the investigations :(

the only thing we can do is wait for the next update from the British Council, for all who are stuck on the same boat.

good luck to all of us
Good luck

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
It happens guys when you have more than 1.5 band difference in modules ...
I have gone through this time and believe me it is for our only good that they check one more time all the modules

Just relax and enjoy

atefm

Mar 4, 2018
It happens guys when you have more than 1.5 band difference in modules ...
I have gone through this time and believe me it is for our only good that they check one more time all the modules

Just relax and enjoy
I don't see how it is for our good. It seems to be only good for BC and have no value for us as candidates. They have been giving me a runaround for no specific reason and any timelines. Planning to send them a legal notice if they don't come back to me by next week.

saeed10410

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Any update about withheld IELTS result of 3rd Mar 2018 test?

Anyone here whose withheld result has been released?