+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts Gt 29th September north america answers

dudecool97

Sep 29, 2018
Haha, i like your confidence. I have doubts in following questions:

Section 1: not really sure about which article should match domestic problem, i picked article A which is about that show that talks about words and someone argued that it should be article 4 which talks about that couple changed their lifestyle.

Section 2: JssAmA thinks that 11 and 12 are totally opposite of what i chose.

Section 3: many are certain that 19 is checklist of criteria, I think they might be true. And I couldn't recall the remaining 2 of that section.

Section 4: 25 many say that it should be magazine. But i my fuzzy memory, there is no such word in that paragraph.

Section 5: There are many disagreements especially on 30, 31 and 32 of T/F/NG questions. Someone even mentioned that 40 is wrong. They picked a headline that is only related to the past because majority of the article talks about past.

I mean some of them could be wrong, but still, there are so many disagreements.

Hopefully I can still get 7 in reading.

Section 1: not really sure about which article should match domestic problem, i picked article A which is about that show that talks about words and someone argued that it should be article 4 which talks about that couple changed their lifestyle. - yes it is option 4

Section 2: JssAmA thinks that 11 and 12 are totally opposite of what i chose. - Your answer is accurate

Section 3: many are certain that 19 is checklist of criteria, I think they might be true. And I couldn't recall the remaining 2 of that section. - It is Checklist

Section 4: 25 many say that it should be magazine. But i my fuzzy memory, there is no such word in that paragraph. - That blank is in-house magazine

Section 5: There are many disagreements especially on 30, 31 and 32 of T/F/NG questions. Someone even mentioned that 40 is wrong. They picked a headline that is only related to the past because majority of the article talks about past. - I put Flax- Important part of new Zealand's past but it could also be option B (only one doubtful for me)

Hopefully I can still get 7 in reading

I don't want to sound pompous but i practiced countless reading tests for 3-4 months and i got perfect scores each time (max i used to get one wrong)

dudecool97

Sep 29, 2018
Haha, i like your confidence. I have doubts in following questions:

Section 1: not really sure about which article should match domestic problem, i picked article A which is about that show that talks about words and someone argued that it should be article 4 which talks about that couple changed their lifestyle.

Section 2: JssAmA thinks that 11 and 12 are totally opposite of what i chose.

Section 3: many are certain that 19 is checklist of criteria, I think they might be true. And I couldn't recall the remaining 2 of that section.

Section 4: 25 many say that it should be magazine. But i my fuzzy memory, there is no such word in that paragraph.

Section 5: There are many disagreements especially on 30, 31 and 32 of T/F/NG questions. Someone even mentioned that 40 is wrong. They picked a headline that is only related to the past because majority of the article talks about past.

Hopefully I can still get 7 in reading.
your 30,31,32 is right..

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
For 11 and 12, I picked the opposite side: True, False.

11. I cannot recall what exactly was written in the paragraph & question , but I thought I saw “discount” “all performances” in the article, and “2 tickets” and “all performances” in the question.

12. If I understood correctly, I thought I saw something like if you wanna get the concession, u need to get proved in almost the last in that paragraph. But the question says if getting the concession, asked one when purchasing tickets.

Thank you guys for sharing ideas. Although I think I got 8.5 in listening and at least 7 in reading, the writing and speaking I did are so terrible. Hope not see you on 10.13.

Good luck!
For 11. It mentioned the discount was valid only during opening night performances thats why I think its false.
12 is tricky because you can get concessions either while buying ticket or when you go to get stuff later. So the statement is technically true, but since the other option is not mentioned it might be false as well. I put true though.
Also, we should not stress too much about results at this point; its fun trying to see how much we might get, but I would not put it in stone either high or low. We can only speculate the answers.
Goodluck to you.

Reactions: JssAmA

Pabx

Sep 8, 2018
For 11. It mentioned the discount was valid only during opening night performances thats why I think its false.
12 is tricky because you can get concessions either while buying ticket or when you go to get stuff later. So the statement is technically true, but since the other option is not mentioned it might be false as well. I put true though.
Also, we should not stress too much about results at this point; its fun trying to see how much we might get, but I would not put it in stone either high or low. We can only speculate the answers.
Goodluck to you.
Actually, I am still bit confused for the 11th question as the first line was saying that the discounts will be available for all full time and part time students for all performances then the 2nd line mentioned about the opening night performance. And question was asking for at all the performances ?

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
Actually, I am still bit confused for the 11th question as the first line was saying that the discounts will be available for all full time and part time students for all performances then the 2nd line mentioned about the opening night performance. And question was asking for at all the performances ?
At this point I would have to look at the paragraph again to say anything for certain. lol. sorry. I might as well be wrong, but I was just saying the reasoning behind why I thought the answer was that.

FormaggioVolante

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Brazil
The domestic problems answer is the one where the family moved to Spain (?) to start a new business.

This is because "domestic" also means something pertraining to your household, it's not just about countries.

FormaggioVolante

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Brazil
My answers for listening:

Page 1:
1 WX717435T
2. April 30 date of birth
3. bike
4. COMPUCAN
5. 630 (Should be 560, since initial price is 700 and 10 percent off for each year
6. Keyboard - broken
7. Family - use
8. Train
9. Seat - it was on seat
10 Report - from a company

Page 2:
Courses that you need to bring your own materials
11. A - Card making
12. D - Mosaics
Courses that last longer than 1 term
13. A - introduction to interior design
14. E - Practical gardening

Page 3:
15. A change in venue - Music
16. ? for children and adults - yoga
17. C minimum age - taichi
18. ? special price - Lacrosse
19. ? Great coach - Tennis
20. ? Regional competition - Golf

Page 4.
21. B - she had some contacts in the company
22. A - Shortage of stock
23. C - Dealt with stuff they haven't been taught
24. A - unfulfilled promises
25. B - ??? Something about company and role ???

Page 5.
26. Previous intern - in same place
27. Professor - talk to ____ and explain the problem
28. Line manager
29. Some organizer
30. Student advisor - ask more information from ___

Page 6. (not correct order)
31 Roof.
32. Newspaper
33. Wild
34. Feeding time
35. Temperature
36. Fluid(s) - not sure fluid or fluids, maybe both of them are correct
37. Size
38. Bones
39. hot weather
40. Kidney
mine were pretty similar, i just don't remember the exact order in 1 (in my head i think it was 453T not 435T) and number 25 i remember i chose A, but i dont remember what was the question, just the order of this little block, that for me was BACAA

snt123

Oct 4, 2018
1 WX717435T
2. April 13th
3. bike
4. COMPUZAN
5. 560
6. Keyboard
7. Family
8. Train
9. Seat
10 Report

Page 2:
11. C
12. D or E
13. A or C
14. E

Page 3:
15. A change in venue
16. for children and adults - yoga
17. minimum age - taichi
18. special price - Lacrosse
19. Great coach - Tennis
20. Regional competition - Golf

Page 4.
21. B
22. A
23. C
24. A
25. B

Page 5.
26. Previous intern
27. Line manager
28. Head of department
29. Intern organizer
30. Student advisor

31 Roof.
32. Newspaper
33. Wild
34. Feeding time
35. Temperature
36. Fluid
37. Didn't write
38. Didn't write
39. hot weather
40. Common kidney

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
1 WX717435T
2. April 13th
3. bike
4. COMPUZAN
5. 560
6. Keyboard
7. Family
8. Train
9. Seat
10 Report

Page 2:
11. C
12. D or E
13. A or C
14. E

Page 3:
15. A change in venue
16. for children and adults - yoga
17. minimum age - taichi
18. special price - Lacrosse
19. Great coach - Tennis
20. Regional competition - Golf

Page 4.
21. B
22. A
23. C
24. A
25. B

Page 5.
26. Previous intern
27. Line manager
28. Head of department
29. Intern organizer
30. Student advisor

31 Roof.
32. Newspaper
33. Wild
34. Feeding time
35. Temperature
36. Fluid
37. Didn't write
38. Didn't write
39. hot weather
40. Common kidney
I put April 13th as well but to be honest Im not sure as the play said thirtieeeeeehhhh

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Case :
a container designed to hold or protect something:
he placed the trumpet safely in its velvet-lined case