+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - General training exam 28th July US & Canada

jeevinsanju

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Does anyone remember the questions for 13 and 14 in listening? Why are 3 words(help with water) mentioned in the answer for 14? Was it an mcq?
Yes, these two are msq... one question was where would the runners hook that chip.. answer was Shoe and another was which group of people would run first.. answer is Yellow as purple group (I guess with stroller and wheelchair) and some other group would follow after them.

grimrakem

Jul 30, 2018
Yes, these two are msq... one question was where would the runners hook that chip.. answer was Shoe and another was which group of people would run first.. answer is Yellow as purple group (I guess with stroller and wheelchair) and some other group would follow after them.
I think the 14th answer mentioned in the answer post is 'help with water'. If I vaguely remember the question for this was - why would the race organizers need extra volunteers?

ShaziaAhmed

Jul 31, 2018
Hi all,

I attended IELTS exam on July 28th.As I was checking the answers, I found out that 40th ans of listening is listed as carpet. But iam curious to find out how many of you wrote as Corporate? As in ‘The Corporate Case’

ShaziaAhmed

Jul 31, 2018
And also , do any of u remember wat were the options regarding that government concerning in that listening section.. like irrelevant , some pictures and ??

vishalchan

Jul 28, 2018
Guys - please can you tell me what material/books to use for IELTS. I am not sure what answers are you guys discussing here. I just started my preparation can you please shed some light and oblige?

jeevinsanju

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018

jeevinsanju

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi all,

I attended IELTS exam on July 28th.As I was checking the answers, I found out that 40th ans of listening is listed as carpet. But iam curious to find out how many of you wrote as Corporate? As in ‘The Corporate Case’
The Carpet case, haven't heard anyone say corporate, you got it wrong buddy.

djluvrocks

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi all,

Sorry buddy you got it wrong. It was the Carpet case

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
also, question no.13th(Listening) i answered as Red, i was pretty confident for that but now m thinking i was wrong:(

sergvhp

Jul 31, 2018
Hi all,

I think, i remember it as ‘The Corporate Case’ only. Not Carpet

sergvhp

Jul 31, 2018
Size is Correct. Thanks

Unfortunately, the main post is now locked and I can longer edit it. So I'll post the updated copy below.

Listening'

Hotel Booking
1 September 14
2 835
3 school
4 towels
5 garage
6 deck
7 River
8 Chinese
9 200
10 July
11 A
12 shoe
13 Yellow
14 help with water
Race Map start
Dr. Owens and Joel agricultural speech
21 include location in the title
22 face to face interview to get answers more freely
23 govt. advertisements - irrelevant
24 farmers don't get enough time for financial planning
26 Australian farmers are ready to make changes after limited research
Question relating to books
27 It is inaccurate
28 It is boring
29 It is essential
30 It is out of date
Aboriginals of Australia Section 3
31 wool
32 bird
33 desert
34 rain
35 prison
36 clothing
37 rainbow
38 family
39 snake
40 carpet

Reading

Driving License
1 learner can get license without practical test - True
2 supervisor shd have completed some courses - Not Given
3 learner must travel only with supervisor - False
4 learner must test his driving skills for full licence- True
5 courses are mandatory to get permanent license - False
Train through tunnels

6 large workforce
7 crosses old building who built - 6600 workers
8 unstaffed
9 difficult to pronounce station names
10 develop local market
11 public involvement
12 beautiful sceneries - Last para
13 run deep underground for the last part of the journey - Para B
14 beaches
Raise in pay discussion with Manager begins here
15 size
17 timing
18 script
19 objections
20 personal matter
21 Professional Organizations
Teaching Assistant paragraphs start here
22 local council
23 social skills
24 minor injuries/injuries
25 formal qualification
26 induction programme
27 mother tongue
Marine geographer Frank Goddio one starts here
35 - Reluctant to talk about
36 - economist one... need more inputs from you guys
38 cities
39 electronic survey
40 museum

Writing

1. Write to local council regarding garbage issue in your area. Main problem, effects, causes and ways to resolve this.

2. Online reviews and opinion good or bad in your view

For question 4 in Reading, there is NO skills word given in the question. it ends with Driving. So, it should be Not Given

For question 1 in Listening, I believe the answer should be 14th-September / 14-September / September-14 / September-14th. The answer should be either one word or one number or you can have both one word and number in a single word. So, you should use a dash[-] or dor[.] or colon [:] to make these two individual numbers as a single word

Last edited:

jeevinsanju

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
For question 4 in Reading, there is NO skills word given in the question. it ends with Driving. So, it should be Not Given

For question 1 in Listening, I believe the answer should be 14th-September / 14-September / September-14 / September-14th. The answer should be either one word or one number or you can have both one word and number in a single word. So, you should use a dash[-] or dor[.] or colon [:] to make these two individual numbers as a single word
we're not typing it in a computer to make it one word.. anyways... the requirement is ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER.. so writing September 14 or 14 September with a space is acceptable.

And for your question whether the Learner would need a practical test to achieve full licence to drive, it was mentioned clearly in the reading passage and the answer is TRUE. If you have answered NG, you chose wrong answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: sergvhp