+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Exam

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am planning to give the exam as soon as possible, however I am not getting dates in Jan or Feb for both British Council and IDP test centers. Is there any alternative to that or I need to wait till end of March to give the exam. This will delay the whole process for me by 2 months which is frustrating. Please advise if there is any workaround for the same.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Nothing in India.
CELPIP is there but only in Canada.
You must be lazy to wake up now and writing IELTS. :p

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
sahilkhurana06 said:
Hi Guys,

I am planning to give the exam as soon as possible, however I am not getting dates in Jan or Feb for both British Council and IDP test centers. Is there any alternative to that or I need to wait till end of March to give the exam. This will delay the whole process for me by 2 months which is frustrating. Please advise if there is any workaround for the same.
You could go to another country to take the test.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
economicalindian said:
wait for the first draw of EE....let see how many people are getting picked for the draw...
...How does that help sahilkhurana06 take an English test?...They need to do one before they can complete their EE profile, it has nothing to do with how many people are in the draw...

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Guys.. Thanks for the response.. Point is I have no other choice but to wait for 2 months and collect my transcripts in the mean time.. How would I know it takes 2 months of planning to give such a basic English test.. Anyways.. Appreciate your prompt response..

aliakbar.t

Jan 19, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
(WVo)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
03-03-15 (PER)
AOR Received.
15-04-15
File Transfer...
15-05-15 (SLU)
Med's Request
19-05-15
Med's Done....
Meds Uploaded 8th June, TLU (11th June)
Interview........
Re-Meds 29-06-16
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
sahilkhurana06 said:
Hi Guys,

You can try some other city.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
sahilkhurana06 said:
Hi Guys,

Well I would say get the date in early march and prepare well.

Target CLB 9 coz that will help you get an outstanding score.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahilkhurana06 said:
Hi Guys,

Outside of Canada, IELTS is the only option.

Best options are to wait until March and use these 2 months to prepare for it OR take it at another location

Good Luck

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Good suggestion guys.. Better to wait for 2 months and prepare well.. Not getting anything in Jan or Feb in other cities as well.. Seems I have to invest this time in preparing myself for the test..

aliakbar.t

Jan 19, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
(WVo)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
03-03-15 (PER)
AOR Received.
15-04-15
File Transfer...
15-05-15 (SLU)
Med's Request
19-05-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Re-Meds 29-06-16
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
sahilkhurana06 said:
Good suggestion guys.. Better to wait for 2 months and prepare well.. Not getting anything in Jan or Feb in other cities as well.. Seems I have to invest this time in preparing myself for the test..
Yes its better to prepare well and target 8+ bands in all, that will increase your points in EE, thus increase your chance of being picked up in the draws.

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
I can also go ahead and complete my ECA in the mean time? So by the time I get my IELTS score, I can apply for EE straightaway..
Any idea on first draw of candidates? I've heard its coming in last week of Jan? How will we come to know how many people got through?

aliakbar.t

Jan 19, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
(WVo)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
03-03-15 (PER)
AOR Received.
15-04-15
File Transfer...
15-05-15 (SLU)
Med's Request
19-05-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Re-Meds 29-06-16
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
sahilkhurana06 said:
I can also go ahead and complete my ECA in the mean time? So by the time I get my IELTS score, I can apply for EE straightaway..
Any idea on first draw of candidates? I've heard its coming in last week of Jan? How will we come to know how many people got through?
You can get your ECA done, but god forbide, if you are not able to get through with IELTS, you will be loosing the money spent on ECA.

The CIC site says last week of jan, so we can assume anything in between 26th to 30th.

They might put up the number of people selected on their site, not sure.