+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 8 Attempts !!

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hello fellow IELTS worrier!!
thumbs up for your band scores!! Hope you would get your desired score next time!

your writing band score shows your solid performance. I was wondering if you could share us your writing success story, sources that you read and your method of practicing.

thanks a lot, happy studying
Hey Amirali,

Please review the following links:

https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/writing-task-1/

https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/writing-task-2/

I am confident that you will score at least 8.0 if you implement these tips! Cheers!

Eimaankhwaja_15

Apr 11, 2018
Hi Everyone! I have attempted IELTS three times. Third time i was successful i scored listening 8, reading and speaking 7.5 and 7 in writing i am sharing few helpful tips that helped me scoring the above mentioned score. Also there are readymade templates for ielts writing essays. Subscribe to the channel for more videos. hope it will help a little :) instructions in urdu/hindi and english :)

Reactions: miatk

Eimaankhwaja_15

Apr 11, 2018
I'm going for my third attempt on June 30.

1st attempt - 6.5/6/5.5/6.5
2nd attempt - 7.5/6.5/6.5/7

I so badly want to clear it this time
Hi Everyone! I have attempted IELTS three times. Third time i was successful i scored listening 8, reading and speaking 7.5 and 7 in writing i am sharing few helpful tips that helped me scoring the above mentioned score. Also there are readymade templates for ielts writing essays. Subscribe to the channel for more videos. hope it will help a little :) instructions in urdu/hindi and english :)

omnikarthik

Jan 18, 2018
Hi,

I don’t think that they drop the score intentionally.

I took one in September 2017 (Delhi), got
LRWS - 8.5 8.5 6 7
Revaluation - no success (got the result in december 2017).

Took another in October 2017 (Gurgaon)
LRWS - 8 9 7 7

Got my PR in April 2018

Hey GARV, What was your CRS Score, I'm having the same IELTS Score as yours with Bachelors Degree I'm with 422, did you find any means to increase your score further.

Please advise.

NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
What is the ideal overall score, and guys which website should I register to take ielts, there are so many out there? Please help

vvsnagarjun

Apr 9, 2018
if I can give you any solace, this is my 7th attempt, 24th may test results
Listening : 8.5
Reading : 9.0
Writing : 6.5
Speaking : 6.5
Overall Band : 7.5

I was expecting 7 in writing and speaking.

and waiting for 8th attempt result of 2nd June test which will be available on 15th June
Is there any group for IELTS gt on June 2nd

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Dear all,

I have several attempts in IELTS. Below are my scores :

My personal analysis, whenever I score well in Reading / Listening the drop the score by 0.5 in Writing.

L/R/W/S : 8.5/6/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8/6/7/6.5 - Ludhiana / BC
L/R/W/S : 7.5/7.5/7/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8.5/7/6.5/8 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 8/7/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 7.5/6.5/7/7.5 - Delhi / BC
L/R/W/S : 8.5/8/6.5/7.5 - Jalandhar / BC / Revaluation : Awaiting on the results

I feel they intentionally drop the score by 0.5. Not sure if the system is compromised to block the candidates to apply for Immigration.

any news about your Remark result?

Garv28

Sep 22, 2017
Hey GARV, What was your CRS Score, I'm having the same IELTS Score as yours with Bachelors Degree I'm with 422, did you find any means to increase your score further.

Please advise.
Hi Karthik,

Sorry for the late reply, my CRS score was 452 as I have diploma and Btech both, so it was considered under two or more degree/diploma..

omnikarthik

Jan 18, 2018
Hi Karthik,

Sorry for the late reply, my CRS score was 452 as I have diploma and Btech both, so it was considered under two or more degree/diploma..
Hi Garv,

Appreciate your response. I have an exec MBA from united Business Institute, belgium which I pursued through jaro education. I was tryng to get it evaluted in addition to my BE bachelors degree, but WES was not accepting to United business institutes exec mba as a valid credential.

I’m finding ways to get it evaluated so that I can get myself eligible for “two or more certificates” and eventually that would bump up my score to 450+

Please advise if adding my exec mba will make me eligible for two or more certificates. Also do you suggest any alternatives for WES For getting my exec mba credential evaluted.

Thank you okce again, appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Karthik
510-944-5751

Garv28

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Garv,

Appreciate your response. I have an exec MBA from united Business Institute, belgium which I pursued through jaro education. I was tryng to get it evaluted in addition to my BE bachelors degree, but WES was not accepting to United business institutes exec mba as a valid credential.

I’m finding ways to get it evaluated so that I can get myself eligible for “two or more certificates” and eventually that would bump up my score to 450+

Please advise if adding my exec mba will make me eligible for two or more certificates. Also do you suggest any alternatives for WES For getting my exec mba credential evaluted.

Thank you okce again, appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Karthik
510-944-5751
Hi Karthik,

‘WES not accepting your exec MBA’ have you gone through the assessment or you couldn’t find your university while registering on WES?

When I was registering on WES, I was unable to locate my BOARD from where I did the diploma, however, they accepted it while evaluating (It was Board of technical education, Delhi). Not much idea about your university.

Also, as per the Canada.ca website there are other options where you can get your degree evaluated if you don’t want to go with WES. Please find the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/how.html

All the best!

wvey

Jun 18, 2018
I have CLB 10 in all but writing. With multiple attempts I am unable to cross 7.0 in writing, consistently getting 7. Not many examples can be found as well on band 8 essays . Also is it possible to know the marks breakdown in writing ? Any ideas? Any ideas to improve writing to score 8?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I just wrote my exam today and already booked for my fourth attempt since I messed up writing :( I onky wrote 110 words for task 1 so will be lucky if I even get 6.5

Was hoping I could atleast apply for OINP :(

Reactions: wvey

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
I'm going for my third attempt on June 30.

1st attempt - 6.5/6/5.5/6.5
2nd attempt - 7.5/6.5/6.5/7

I so badly want to clear it this time
Hi,
Is your latest IELTS score - L8 R9 W7 S7.5 ? Did you achieve this score in 3rd attempt or 4th?
This is a nice improvement. Could you please let me know how did you prepare for the 3rd/4th attempt and how much time did you invest between your 2nd and 3rd/4th attempt?
Thanks,