+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 8 Attempts !!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
Is your latest IELTS score - L8 R9 W7 S7.5 ? Did you achieve this score in 3rd attempt or 4th?
This is a nice improvement. Could you please let me know how did you prepare for the 3rd/4th attempt and how much time did you invest between your 2nd and 3rd/4th attempt?
Thanks,
Yes, I actually achieved that in my 3rd attempt. If I had completed my task 1 would have probably got 7.5 I guess.
Check out IELTS liz, just type her in google. She is the best.

My second attempt was on December 9 2017 and third one on June 30 2018. I focused a lot on Listening and Writing since those were my weaknesses. Will write 2 essays everyday one of each task 1 and 2. Watched a lot of BBC TV Shows like Sherlock, Luther etc. Reading newspapers also helped :)

Reactions: kamran.shekh

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Yes, I actually achieved that in my 3rd attempt. If I had completed my task 1 would have probably got 7.5 I guess.
Check out IELTS liz, just type her in google. She is the best.

My second attempt was on December 9 2017 and third one on June 30 2018. I focused a lot on Listening and Writing since those were my weaknesses. Will write 2 essays everyday one of each task 1 and 2. Watched a lot of BBC TV Shows like Sherlock, Luther etc. Reading newspapers also helped :)
Thanks a bunch! That's very encouraging. I thought the odds for improving the score on IELTS were negligible. Will start preparing soon. Thanks and congrats!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks a bunch! That's very encouraging. I thought the odds for improving the score on IELTS were negligible. Will start preparing soon. Thanks and congrats!
Honestly, its not that difficult if you put in the effort. I took a 6 month break to appear for 3rd attempt because I was mentally drained after taking two back to back tests. A break definitely helped me to refocus and prepare the tests better. I would definitely recommend having a small break maybe 2 or 3 months before reappearing again because back to back tests don't work. You are under a lot of stress from the previous tests and that makes you even more nervous.

Once you start achieving band 7 in your practice tests thats when you need to book your exam. When it comes to writing write task 2 first because that's worth double the points :) Also in reading first go for section 3 then 2 and finally section 1. because section 3 and 2 are a little harder :)

Have a good night sleep before test day and relax on the test day and believe in yourself. Don't make any last minute revisions because you need to keep your mind fresh. Some little tips that really helped me!!

Good luck!! Pm me if you need more help :)

Reactions: RShah1 and vrshn

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Honestly, its not that difficult if you put in the effort. I took a 6 month break to appear for 3rd attempt because I was mentally drained after taking two back to back tests. A break definitely helped me to refocus and prepare the tests better. I would definitely recommend having a small break maybe 2 or 3 months before reappearing again because back to back tests don't work. You are under a lot of stress from the previous tests and that makes you even more nervous.

Once you start achieving band 7 in your practice tests thats when you need to book your exam. When it comes to writing write task 2 first because that's worth double the points :) Also in reading first go for section 3 then 2 and finally section 1. because section 3 and 2 are a little harder :)

Have a good night sleep before test day and relax on the test day and believe in yourself. Don't make any last minute revisions because you need to keep your mind fresh. Some little tips that really helped me!!

Good luck!! Pm me if you need more help :)
Thanks very much for these valuable tips and for offering help :)

Reactions: SithLord

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hello all -

I am starting this thread to discuss on numerous IELTS attempts and their success rate. If there were any changes in the remark / reval after the Test results. If anyone has escalated the issues to the higher authorities in IELTS, UK for consistently dropping the score by 0.5 in anyone band.

Feel free to post your comments / suggestions and help those in need as "Re-appearing IELTS over and over again is frustrating and disappointing"

Thanks !!
Finally, Received IELTS score after 8 attempts
BC -
L-8.5,R-7.5,S-8,W-7

victor1061

Jan 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
I have given twice without much prior practice. First time- LRWS- 6.5, 6.5, 6, 7 and Second time- LRWS- 7.5, 7.5, 6.5, 7.5. Hoping to give the third and final one in the best way with proper practice. Fingers crossed

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
Guys the only thing I would emphasize is to avoid grammar/spelling mistakes while writing and grammar/filler words while speaking.

mssai14

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Dear all,

I have several attempts in IELTS. Below are my scores :

My personal analysis, whenever I score well in Reading / Listening the drop the score by 0.5 in Writing.

L/R/W/S : 8.5/6/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8/6/7/6.5 - Ludhiana / BC
L/R/W/S : 7.5/7.5/7/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8.5/7/6.5/8 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 8/7/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 7.5/6.5/7/7.5 - Delhi / BC
L/R/W/S : 8.5/8/6.5/7.5 - Jalandhar / BC / Revaluation : Awaiting on the results

I feel they intentionally drop the score by 0.5. Not sure if the system is compromised to block the candidates to apply for Immigration.
What about the result?