+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 8 Attempts !!

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hello all -

I am starting this thread to discuss on numerous IELTS attempts and their success rate. If there were any changes in the remark / reval after the Test results. If anyone has escalated the issues to the higher authorities in IELTS, UK for consistently dropping the score by 0.5 in anyone band.

Feel free to post your comments / suggestions and help those in need as "Re-appearing IELTS over and over again is frustrating and disappointing"

Thanks !!

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Dear all,

I have several attempts in IELTS. Below are my scores :

My personal analysis, whenever I score well in Reading / Listening the drop the score by 0.5 in Writing.

L/R/W/S : 8.5/6/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8/6/7/6.5 - Ludhiana / BC
L/R/W/S : 7.5/7.5/7/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8.5/7/6.5/8 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 8/7/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 7.5/6.5/7/7.5 - Delhi / BC
L/R/W/S : 8.5/8/6.5/7.5 - Jalandhar / BC / Revaluation : Awaiting on the results

I feel they intentionally drop the score by 0.5. Not sure if the system is compromised to block the candidates to apply for Immigration.

Last edited:

Garv28

Sep 22, 2017
Dear all,

I have several attempts in IELTS. Below are my scores :

My personal analysis, whenever I score well in Reading / Listening the drop the score by 0.5 in Writing.

L/R/W/S : 8.5/6/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8/6/7/6.5 - Ludhiana / BC
L/R/W/S : 7.5/7.5/7/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8.5/7/6.5/8 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 8/7/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 7.5/6.5/7/7.5 - Delhi / BC
L/R/W/S : 8.5/8/6.5/7.5 - Jalandhar / BC / Revaluation : Awaiting on the results

I feel they intentionally drop the score by 0.5. Not sure if the system is compromised to block the candidates to apply for Immigration.
Hi,

I don’t think that they drop the score intentionally.

I took one in September 2017 (Delhi), got
LRWS - 8.5 8.5 6 7
Revaluation - no success (got the result in december 2017).

Took another in October 2017 (Gurgaon)
LRWS - 8 9 7 7

Got my PR in April 2018

lmk

Mar 23, 2018
G
Hi,

I don’t think that they drop the score intentionally.

I took one in September 2017 (Delhi), got
LRWS - 8.5 8.5 6 7
Revaluation - no success (got the result in december 2017).

Took another in October 2017 (Gurgaon)
LRWS - 8 9 7 7

Got my PR in April 2018
Garv28 can u plz suggest me how to prepare for ur score? Professional ielts coaching is necessary to achieve ur last score? How long time does it take for preparation to achieve ur score?What materials did u go through?
Thanks & Regards for ur early reply

Garv28

Sep 22, 2017
G

Garv28 can u plz suggest me how to prepare for ur score? Professional ielts coaching is necessary to achieve ur last score? How long time does it take for preparation to achieve ur score?What materials did u go through?
Thanks & Regards for ur early reply
Hi,

I didn’t go for any professional IELTS coaching, all I did was regular practice through online material and the IELTS practice book you get after booking the exam (you’ll get the idea about listening and reading). For speaking and writing - Record your speaking and write as many as essays you can. Get your writing and speaking checked by someone who is good in grammar and language.

Time duration totally depends on your hold on the language. Try some mock tests, coaching will only help you with the format of IELTS (you can get the same online).

All the best!!

Reactions: Fozyano

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi,

I didn’t go for any professional IELTS coaching, all I did was regular practice through online material and the IELTS practice book you get after booking the exam (you’ll get the idea about listening and reading). For speaking and writing - Record your speaking and write as many as essays you can. Get your writing and speaking checked by someone who is good in grammar and language.

Time duration totally depends on your hold on the language. Try some mock tests, coaching will only help you with the format of IELTS (you can get the same online).

All the best!!
Thanks Garv !

Reactions: RShah1

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

All the best!!
Hey Garv28,

Need your inputs on improving my listening skills. Thus far, I have attempted the test twice and below are my scores:

L/R/W/S : 7.5/7.0/7.5/8.0
L/R/W/S : 7.0/8.0/7.5/8.5

I have give numerous practice tests for listening on YT and I have been scoring 32-35. This is beyond frustrating! Cheers!

Adolphite

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hey Garv28,

Need your inputs on improving my listening skills. Thus far, I have attempted the test twice and below are my scores:

I have give numerous practice tests for listening on YT and I have been scoring 32-35. This is beyond frustrating! Cheers!
What's wrong with your score? DoewnDo give you the maximum crs points? Which score does?

Garv28

Sep 22, 2017
Hey Garv28,

Hi,

I am sure you have taken enough mock tests for listening. I believe concentration is the key to go through it. All I did was lock myself in a room, keep my phone away and practise. Even while taking the exam I had many irrelevant thoughts in my mind, however, the moment it started I kept them aside and took the exam. I am sure you’ll get it this time. All the best :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Metalhead_666

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm going for my third attempt on June 30.

1st attempt - 6.5/6/5.5/6.5
2nd attempt - 7.5/6.5/6.5/7

I so badly want to clear it this time

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
if I can give you any solace, this is my 7th attempt, 24th may test results
Listening : 8.5
Reading : 9.0
Writing : 6.5
Speaking : 6.5
Overall Band : 7.5

I was expecting 7 in writing and speaking.

and waiting for 8th attempt result of 2nd June test which will be available on 15th June

Last edited:
Reactions: miatk and nns14

amirali1989

Apr 25, 2018
Hey Garv28,

Hello fellow IELTS worrier!!
thumbs up for your band scores!! Hope you would get your desired score next time!

your writing band score shows your solid performance. I was wondering if you could share us your writing success story, sources that you read and your method of practicing.

thanks a lot, happy studying