+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ielts 18 August 2018 result delayed

megha009

Jun 11, 2018
When was the time when ur results was delayed
Hey Akshay,

This happened to me during my first attempt in December 2017.
My husband and I had given the same day, but for some reason my result was put on hold.
The email said it is a routine quality audit process..something like that.

As long as you have received an email stating its on hold for quality purposes, do not worry the results will be out soon.

And don't worry it does not affect your scores as well.

Wish you all the best!

Reactions: mynk469

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018
Hey Akshay,

This happened to me during my first attempt in December 2017.
My husband and I had given the same day, but for some reason my result was put on hold.
The email said it is a routine quality audit process..something like that.

As long as you have received an email stating its on hold for quality purposes, do not worry the results will be out soon.

And don't worry it does not affect your scores as well.

Wish you all the best!
thanku for the infromation, also for the wishes

Anjali sharma

Sep 2, 2018
People (18th Aug IELTS) who all have got the reinvestigation thing.. Let us all post our exam experience; atleast it would give us an idea/pattern of the papers which have been sent for Re-investigation. Below are the parameters, which all of us can use:

Test Venue - <<City Name>>
Test Vendor - <<BC or IDP>>
Attempt # - <<1/2/3/4.....>>
Previous Attempts Scores - <<L- R- W- S- Overall->>
Current Test Expectation - <<L- R - W- S- >>
Writing Section - Additional Comments -
Speaking Section - Additional Comments -
Ludhiana
BC
8th attempt
Previous score- LRWS- 8.5,8.0,6.5,7.5
Expected score-LRWS- 8.5,8.5,7.0,7.5

vichauhan

Sep 3, 2018
This is totally unfair on behalf of BC or IDP. Ideally they publish your result after 13 days from your exam but in case of result withheld there will be no time frame. If they have to do quality control checks, why can't they do this within these 13 days. Time is very critical for many student, I think its totally unfair and unprofessional on behalf of these institutes.

Rupinder93

May 23, 2018
Mine result is also delayed. I got mail and they said that update will be provided on 6 sep. I gave idp ielts in general nd it ws second attempt

varuntakkar

Sep 4, 2018
Same scenario with me too, below is the 1st email which I received from them:

Dear NITIN SHARMA ,

We refer to your IELTS test of 18 August 2018 .

Strict quality control procedures are in place to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test. As part of these procedures, test results are routinely analysed by the IELTS Test Partners before they are issued to candidates.

As a result of these procedures, test scores for the 18 August 2018 have come under scrutiny and are being investigated. Your results are being withheld while this investigation is being conducted. Please note that all investigations are conducted without prejudice by the IELTS Test Partners.

The declaration on the IELTS application form that you agreed to includes the following statement: 'I understand that my results may not be issued 13 days after the test if any of the IELTS Test Partners deem it necessary to review any matter associated with my test'.

We will provide an update on your results as soon as the investigation is complete.

Yours Sincerely
IELTS Investigation Team,
British Council India

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the 2nd email which I received after 3 Hrs:

Dear NITIN SHARMA ,

We refer to your IELTS test of 18 August 2018 .

Further to our previous email, please note that we will share the next update with you on 14 September, 2018 .

Yours Sincerely
IELTS Investigation Team,
British Council India

I got these same mails on 31st August , i have heard if there is 2 band difference in your any module then this investigation takes place , whar are yiur views

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I got these same mails on 31st August , i have heard if there is 2 band difference in your any module then this investigation takes place , whar are yiur views
As per my research and reviewing other comments on this forum, this will not impact our final scores. These emails are simply part of their routine quality check, so be relax nothing to worry about.