+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

..Georgina..

May 12, 2013
Hi I'm totally new to this forum,
I have just experienced the same thing regarding my POE letter - all the fields are blank, it doesn't have any of my details such as name, UCI, validity! Nothing!

Is this normal? I'm stressing out that when I arrive that I'll be denied because none of the boxes are filled in... I have all my other paperwork and I'm assuming this POE Introduction Letter is the last thing I needed or do they email something else?

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can call CIC hotline and ask to check it , or you can call the embassy is signing at the end. Otherside if you are ok they are gonna find it on the computer to borders.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
..Georgina.. said:
Hi I'm totally new to this forum,
I have just experienced the same thing regarding my POE letter - all the fields are blank, it doesn't have any of my details such as name, UCI, validity! Nothing!

Is this normal? I'm stressing out that when I arrive that I'll be denied because none of the boxes are filled in... I have all my other paperwork and I'm assuming this POE Introduction Letter is the last thing I needed or do they email something else?
try to open the letter on a different computer. some pdf readers are incompatible with those kind of prepopulated forms.

Julia123

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
I got my introduction letter from CIC :) .... also if I applied 3 time in the IEC (I only used 2!!!) ... but they decided I can get the visa! ..so thanks IEC and Immigration!

I also had not to send english police records... I only did send my from my home country!

Questions:
If I fly to canada ... and I have a connection flight in Vancouver and than I fly to another place in canada ... where do I have to go to the officer to get the visa ... at the last airport? or in vancouver? ... do they let me catch my connection flight?
How does it work? when do I enter canada ...

And can I start to work first without the SIN number ... or do I have to have it! (I would like to start work right after the day I arrive in canada!)

thanks!
:D ;D :) ;)

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Julia123 said:
I got my introduction letter from CIC :) .... also if I applied 3 time in the IEC (I only used 2!!!) ... but they decided I can get the visa! ..so thanks IEC and Immigration!

I also had not to send english police records... I only did send my from my home country!

Questions:
If I fly to canada ... and I have a connection flight in Vancouver and than I fly to another place in canada ... where do I have to go to the officer to get the visa ... at the last airport? or in vancouver? ... do they let me catch my connection flight?

And can I start to work first without the SIN number ... or do I have to have it! (I would like to start work right after the day I arrive in canada!)

Congrats on that....Can you please advise which country did you apply in and how long ago?
I am desperately waiting for mine since last 3 months....

thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julia123 said:

Questions:

thanks!
im not sure where you should go see and immigration officer... but you should be able to ask them. if it's in vancouver be prepared to wait for a little while. depending on the immigration lineup this might take a while.
you can go to any service canada center the day you arrive and apply for you SIN. you'll get your sin number right away and the
card mailed to your address a few weeks later. so you can start to work as soon as you get your sin. :)

gigapudding

May 1, 2013
Aussie applying for my 3rd WHP (currently in Canada).

My process:
April 2nd - Phase 1 documents mailed to Sydney (from within Australia)
April 10th - conditional acceptance letter received by email
April 19th - Phase 2 documents uploaded and received on CIC website
May 8th - POE introduction letter received via CIC website

Phase 1 - mailed them the form you have to complete on their website, photos, photocopy of passport and cheque
Phase 2 - freaked out because the Canada wizard website thingy said I wasn't eligible for any permit. Through forum digging, I found out it's because the website is bugged and even if you're currently a resident in Canada (on a WHP), you have to put that you're a resident of your passport country, which is Australia in my case.
Submitted the requested PDF forms. Also submitted police check for Australia and Canada (anywhere where you have lived for over 6 months in the past 5(?) years) and traffic history (required for only certain Australian states), and whatever else they asked for.

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
So I got a refusal letter from CIC based on having sent in the wrong form. I am currently filling out what I am hoping is the right one this time, in order to apply again. I don't have my German police certificate yet, so I am guessing I can only apply once I receive it. Does that mean that I cannot work in the meantime? I already started working for my current employer under the WHP, but have been on implied status since February.
Also for country of residence I put Germany this time, and previous countries of residence Canada and the date I came here. I am freaking myself out over filling the form out the wrong way again. :(

ETA: Does the family information form have to be printed out and signed?

villary

May 17, 2013
Hello folks, I got my LOI over a month now and I plan coming to Canada by August. I wonder is my work permit is counting already or it counts from the day l enter. My LOI shows that its valid toll April.. So am confused if my I enter Canada by August my permit will expire by April... Any Info?

Thanks

Villary (Presently in Sweden)

andyray85

Mar 11, 2013
villary said:
Hello folks, I got my LOI over a month now and I plan coming to Canada by August. I wonder is my work permit is counting already or it counts from the day l enter. My LOI shows that its valid toll April.. So am confused if my I enter Canada by August my permit will expire by April... Any Info?

Thanks

Villary (Presently in Sweden)
it starts the day you arrive

andyray85

Mar 11, 2013
Sorry, I have a couple more questions:

1) Do you need to have your travel insurance sorted before you arrive in Canada?

2) Do you need to have a return flight booked?

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
I also have one more question. Is the police check for Canada the fingerprint one or just a regular police check?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
andyray85 said:
Sorry, I have a couple more questions:

1) Do you need to have your travel insurance sorted before you arrive in Canada?

2) Do you need to have a return flight booked?
1. Yes/No. It is one of the requirements to have insurance, as they might check that. I entered Canada twice with an IEC visa, had insurance, but never got checked. Friends got checked tho.
2. No, but they might check that. And if you don't have a return flight booked, they might want to see proof of enough funds for a flight back.