+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit (GSS) India Timelines

Vijji2022

Mar 4, 2022
Hello Everyone, I am from Cognizant and my ICT Visa application is being processed by my company. Below are the details of the application timeline.
Applied Date : 20th Jan 2022
Biometrics completion : 25th Jan 2022
Medical : 12th Nov 2021(submitted along with filing)
NOC Code: 2174
PPR: waiting

I could not track the current status of my application, since it was filed by a law firm in Canada. I have the UCI and other application details with me. Is there a way to track the application by myself?

Few of my colleagues who completed biometrics between September to December got their PPR within 4 weeks of time.
You can call on IVR using UCI and app #. It's a Canada number but u can down load textme app and call on the Canada number. Just use some Canada area codes manually.

Also, currently the trend is 55 to 60 days max. Applications from Jan 20s are getting finalized. You must recieve your PPR by this week or early next.

johan90joseph

Mar 11, 2022
You can call on IVR using UCI and app #. It's a Canada number but u can down load textme app and call on the Canada number. Just use some Canada area codes manually.

Also, currently the trend is 55 to 60 days max. Applications from Jan 20s are getting finalized. You must recieve your PPR by this week or early next.

When we say application from Jan 20s are getting finalized, does that mean, applied date or biometric completion date?

Nagz

Mar 14, 2022

Thanks a lot for the information. I saw your earlier post that you have completed Biometrics on 13th Jan and waiting for PPR. Did you get it or still waiting?

Shihaan Irshad

Dec 30, 2021
You can call on IVR using UCI and app #. It's a Canada number but u can download textme app and call on the Canada number. Just use some Canada area codes manually.

Also, currently the trend is 55 to 60 days max. Applications from Jan 20s are getting finalized. You must receive your PPR by this week or early next.
Hi, My medicals got updated on the 12th of January under the GSS category. Any information on when I'll receive it? 3 People from my company are waiting and its Virtusa.

Shihaan Irshad

Dec 30, 2021
Yes 2173 timelines observed to be 6-8 weeks from Biometric or 4-5 weeks from Medical updated.
GSS category had 2 week processing time earlier now it's 6-8 weeks. LMIAE number helps in expedited processing as well which otherwise had taken 3.5 months to my colleagues.
I also have an LMIA number but waiting for 8 weeks now since Medicals are updated. Did also raise a webform

Baljinder_Singh

Sep 22, 2021
Hi Everyone,

My ICT work permit got approved last year for employer located in Toronto, Ontario.

However, we now got a client in Vancouver, BC and wanted me to work from their location.

Can I work from Vancouver on same WP or I must work from Ontario only.

I know this thread is related to ICT timelines. But I would be really thankful if you have any guidance or reference for the same.

Thank you

Shreyas_

Mar 11, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My ICT work permit got approved last year for employer located in Toronto, Ontario.

However, we now got a client in Vancouver, BC and wanted me to work from their location.

Can I work from Vancouver on same WP or I must work from Ontario only.

I know this thread is related to ICT timelines. But I would be really thankful if you have any guidance or reference for the same.

Thank you
Nope. ICT WP are provenance specific since minimum wage differs in each. I think you can initiate a transfer of visa to work in another provenance.

Baljinder_Singh

Sep 22, 2021
Nope. ICT WP are provenance specific since minimum wage differs in each. I think you can initiate a transfer of visa to work in another provenance.
Thank you for that highlight.
What If my employer address and Job offer letter remains the same and only client location is varying. Would there be still this issue?

Just being curious from your point on wage..

Shreyas_

Mar 11, 2022
Thank you for that highlight.
What If my employer address and Job offer letter remains the same and only client location is varying. Would there be still this issue?

Just being curious from your point on wage..
Nope my offer letter specifically states that I cannot work in another provenance even if it is the same employer and/or client.

RomanShalgin

Nov 30, 2021
Location - Bangalore, India
GTS LMIA applied - 9th Sept, 2021
Approved - 29th Nov, 2021
Visa Applied - 16th Dec, 2021
Biometrics Done - 3rd Jan, 2022
PPR - 25th Feb, 2022
Passport picked up on - Mar 9, 2022
Received Passport - Mar 15, 2022

Reactions: Shreyas_ and pvsk

pvsk

Sep 2, 2019
Hi All,

Can someone help with biometric appointment timelines in Chennai.

Thank You!
Multiple appointments are available at VAC Chennai. I'd suggest that you book immediately after receiving the biometrics letter from the IRCC and don't cancel irrespective of the circumstances.
I filled my application on 11th and got the biometrics confirmation the same day, got appointment for 15th.