+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit (GSS) India Timelines

Nishintn

Feb 6, 2023
Hi All,

I just got my ppr letter request for my closed work permit,However My wife's open work permit is still in progress and I am a lot worried now.

I am curious to know has this happened to any one like Closed work permit getting approved first and then the Open work permit for spouse.

We applied together on -23rd Jan 2023
Biometric Submission - 30th Jan 2023
PPR letter request - 3rd March 2023(Only for me and My Spouse open work permit is still in progress)

Is there a case of rejection here?Kindly help.It's urgent!!!!

Did you wife get the VIsa?

richi93

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
chandigarh
NOC Code......
Even I am sailing on the same boat, my wife ICT visa was re-filled on 17th Jan and now even timelines of 2 months have passed. eligibility started on 9th march but still no luck in decision

beenish001

Jan 17, 2020
Hello,
Did anyone applied for temporary work permit (postdoc in end of jan?). I come. Under GSS CATEGORY but I don't see any speedup of my applications.
Application submitted: 28 jan
Medical: 10 feb
Medical passed:15 feb
Status changed: we are reviewing ur eligibility on 24th march.
Since then nothing.
I don't need biometric as I was in Canada for my work permit couple of years back.
Please help

minkiverma

Apr 28, 2023
Hi,I am applying for Closed work permit from India along with my wife who is getting open work permit and we are applying together and below are the timelines
Upfront medical Test -24th dec 2022
Application submitted and confirmation -23rd Jan 2023
Biometric request letter generated from IRCC -24th Jan 2023
Biometrics submitted -30th Jan 2023

Mine is LMIA exempt and qualify for GSS and the employer has already submitted an offer of employment using the employment portal and paid the fees as well.

Kindly let me know the timelines for next steps like passport submission and work permit approval as in website it states as 2 weeks processing.Thank you

minkiverma

Apr 28, 2023
This is same case as mine. Same dates as you mentioned... I'm still awaiting for PPR.. i thought due to IRcc people on strike.. due to that our delay.. hope for the best and will get soon PPR request... Dying with anxiety.. i can understand

andy_aps

Apr 14, 2023
Application Type: (ICT+GSS) + SOPW + Study Visa
Application submitted: 26 July 2023
Upfront Medical: 6th June 2023
Biometric Instruction Letter: 27th July 2023 (Me + Spouse)
Biometric submission: 31st July 2023
Biometric Status Change to "Complete" in Application on 1st August 2023

PCC process started: 24th May 2023
Appointment for Biometric at PSK(Pune) for PCC: 23rd June 2023
PCC received: 6th July 2023.

Last edited:

andy_aps

Apr 14, 2023
ICT needs police clearance right? How long does PCC typically takes in India?
It all depends on IRCC. In some cases they do request for PCC (They requested me to submit). So it is better to have your PCC ready rather than running for it at the last moment.

Following is the PCC process for each applicant (kids under 12 exempted):

1. goto passport website
2. Create your Account if not present already
3. Create new application for PCC.
4. Fill form and pay the fees (500 INR)
5. Book appointment for Biometric (Pune PSK has at least 1 month waiting)
6. Visit PSK on appointment date/time and submit your biometric (Almost same process as you do for new passport but bit faster)
7. Your file goes to Police Commissioner Office
8. From there it goes to your Local Police Station
9. You will get message from local police station with list of documents which needs to be submitted.
10. You visit police station and submit all the request document's. they may ask some basic questions.
11. Police Station send your file back to police Commissioner office with their remark.
12. Police Commissioner office provides final status to your file and send it to PSK.
13. You receive Scanned copy of PCC on email immediately and then hard copies come to your residential address in 2-3 days.

Usually step 7 to 12 will take 2 weeks(Normally). If you have any contact in police station you can expedite to 2-3 working days.

Overall expect 1-1.5 month for getting PCC (Depending upon available appointment at your PSK). It could be less in case you get immediate appointment at PSK and overall load on your local police station.