+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT (GSS) from US

ramandrod

Apr 13, 2017
Consultant/ solution design -Retail Analytics
Hi Arpita, My employer filed for ICT GSS through an attorney on August 20. How long do you think will i take to get the Bio metrics Instruction letter. I know due to COVID-19 two weeks processing may not be possible, but do you think 1-2 months is a reasonable time period? My NOC is also 2171.

ramandrod

Apr 13, 2017
Hey, any updates on your application?
Hello Everyone,

My husband's employer has applied for a closed work permit for him and an open work permit for me (under GSS). We are currently in USA and we completed our Biometrics on July 14th, 2020. We have also received our Biometrics Correspondence letter couple of days back but there has been no further updates. Our permits were applied in 2 week processing (guess that's irrelevant due to COVID-19). Can anybody guide us if they have had similar experience and how long did it take for them to receive a response?
Hello, I read elsewhere in a different thread in this forum that they are processing ICT GSS applications from July 1 but there is backlogs to clear from April and May. My ICT GSS application is filed yesterday. Please let me know your biometrics letter, biometrics approval and overall timeline that is taken for you. I am in a very similar boat as yours and I need to be in Canada within the next two months.

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi Arpita, My employer filed for ICT GSS through an attorney on August 20. How long do you think will i take to get the Bio metrics Instruction letter. I know due to COVID-19 two weeks processing may not be possible, but do you think 1-2 months is a reasonable time period? My NOC is also 2171.
I think Biometric instruction letter gets generated within 24 hours of filling. Please check with your attorney.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey, can you please provide updates on your case as you go? What's your attorney's estimated timeline?
My employer wants to file the ICT for me as well, I guess they aim at GSS because they mentioned that they can turn it around within the 60 days (post-OPT grace period). I will be applying with spouse and kids, and I have biometrics given last October for PR, they're valid till 2029.

ramandrod

Apr 13, 2017
Hey, can you please provide updates on your case as you go? What's your attorney's estimated timeline?
My employer wants to file the ICT for me as well, I guess they aim at GSS because they mentioned that they can turn it around within the 60 days (post-OPT grace period). I will be applying with spouse and kids, and I have biometrics given last October for PR, they're valid till 2029.
Sure, I can. Honestly, you look in a better position with an AOR since Sep 2019 and PR can be anywhere around the corner. I hear that PR applications are being processed. Since, you are US and i assume that you might have applied from US, I reckon it will be done faster for you. My attorney's estimated timeline is 2 months. Let me know when your filing is completed

atlcharger

Mar 10, 2020
Hi All,

My employer is planning to file an ICT work permit for me in the next 2 weeks and I had a few questions that hopefully you can help me answer. My NOC is 2171 and I am applying from the US

1) I have a pending PR application (AOR Jan 20) with Biometrics valid till 2030. I am assuming I will not have to give biometrics again right?

2) What timelines are you seeing for completion. Is it probable to be completed in 1.5 to 2 months

3)My spouse is accompanying me and we are planning to apply for a SOWP together with my application. Will this delay our application?

Thanks in advance

devanshsoni9

Aug 24, 2020
Hello, I read elsewhere in a different thread in this forum that they are processing ICT GSS applications from July 1 but there is backlogs to clear from April and May. My ICT GSS application is filed yesterday. Please let me know your biometrics letter, biometrics approval and overall timeline that is taken for you. I am in a very similar boat as yours and I need to be in Canada within the next two months.
I applied on March 25 under "ICT GSS LMIA Exempt" from US and gave biometrics on July 14th under ICT GSS and there have been no updates after that. So backlog is much more than you expect.

Reactions: rohtak

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi Arpita,
when did you get Passport request? How long it took to get the passport back?

Thanks,
Pravin
This is my timeline:-
ICT-GSS from US, Minneapolis.
Applied-05/20
Biometric-07/21
Biometric correspondence-07/27
Approval/Passport request- 08/07
I got my stamped visa in 2 weeks.