+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT (GSS) from US

Nimir12

Sep 19, 2020
Hi all,
My husband’s company applied for ICT visa for him on 28th April, we completed our biometrics on 20th July and we haven’t heard anything since then. Our application was to be processed in 2 weeks but with covid I think it’s not possible. But it’s been 20 weeks since we applied, does anyone know the 19 week processing time is from which date (applied date or biometric)? We are running out of time in US L1 expiring on 10/17. Might have to go to India and wait for visa if that’s an option.

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi all,
My husband’s company applied for ICT visa for him on 28th April, we completed our biometrics on 20th July and we haven’t heard anything since then. Our application was to be processed in 2 weeks but with covid I think it’s not possible. But it’s been 20 weeks since we applied, does anyone know the 19 week processing time is from which date (applied date or biometric)? We are running out of time in US L1 expiring on 10/17. Might have to go to India and wait for visa if that’s an option.
Did you ask your lawyers to file expedite request with IRCC?

Nimir12

Sep 19, 2020
When did you file your expedite request. It generally takes 1-2weeks to get approval after that
Ok, thanks for the info. It has been 3-4 weeks since then. We are planning to send gcms request and also another expedite request with employer letter if needed. Thanks once again for your response.

Nimir12

Sep 19, 2020
Ok, thanks for the info. It has been 3-4 weeks since then. We are planning to send gcms request and also another expedite request with employer letter if needed. Thanks once again for your response.
Our application has been approved finally.
application submitted on 28th April
Biometrics on 20th July
Application approved on 21st Sept.

ours is a ICT-GSS with open work permit for spouse.

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
No. So we submitted a form this morning but in few hours we got a response from the attorney that our application was approved. So I do not think the webform did anything for us.
Can you please tell which form did you filled this morning?

bl05

Aug 17, 2020
The webform on the Canada IRCC website. As per the website the processing time is 19 weeks but ours took nearly 22 weeks.
Congrats on getting the visa approved. Do you know the visa processing time at the time of your biometrics? Was it around 8 weeks or was it still 19 weeks? Also, when did you get your biometrics correspondence letter?

Nimir12

Sep 19, 2020
Congrats on getting the visa approved. Do you know the visa processing time at the time of your biometrics? Was it around 8 weeks or was it still 19 weeks? Also, when did you get your biometrics correspondence letter?
We didn’t check the processing time during our biometrics so can’t answer that. We never got any biometric correspondence, our attorney linked our application so we didn’t have any update on those dates. Sorry for not being able to help on those questions.

PrateekAg

Jul 10, 2020
Our application has been approved finally.
application submitted on 28th April
Biometrics on 20th July
Application approved on 21st Sept.

ours is a ICT-GSS with open work permit for spouse.
Congrats ! Can you please share your job location in Canada ?