+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICES (BCIT) Timeline

lidsds

Jul 30, 2020
Nothing yet. I have send an email to them asking for the tracking number. But to get a response back from them, it will take 3-5 days.

It was my wife's ECA and she did it from Kerala University. She did MA in Personal management and hopefully they have provided masters equivalency
Hi Kiran,
Any update on your ECA report?
Was your wife's MA considered as Masters by ICES ???

Jun 18, 2020
After reading this thread I was hoping that my eca status would move forward to the next step soon, but as per their response to my email, it seems like it's going to take longer than expected.

We can confirm an email was received from your institution on November 26 and your file has been under review since that day. Assuming it meets our requirements, you can expect it to be completed within 20 weeks from that day. There is no expediated service we can offer you. Due to incredibly high volumes, ICES has had to recently change its timeline, see website for details. Once the documents have been checked and accepted your status will change to Evaluation in progress. This can take several weeks; please wait for that. You will only be contacted if anything further is required. Thank you.

Has anyone's status changed within last 1 week or 2? If yes, please share the timeline

Dec 11, 2020
Mumbai
After reading this thread I was hoping that my eca status would move forward to the next step soon, but as per their response to my email, it seems like it's going to take longer than expected.

We can confirm an email was received from your institution on November 26 and your file has been under review since that day. Assuming it meets our requirements, you can expect it to be completed within 20 weeks from that day. There is no expediated service we can offer you. Due to incredibly high volumes, ICES has had to recently change its timeline, see website for details. Once the documents have been checked and accepted your status will change to Evaluation in progress. This can take several weeks; please wait for that. You will only be contacted if anything further is required. Thank you.

Has anyone's status changed within last 1 week or 2? If yes, please share the timeline
Mine changed on 13 Jan 2021. Documents were received via email by ICES on 19 Nov 2020.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Their criteria is definitely not based on first come first serve basis. I wonder what it is then?
Which is complete bs and unfair. I think they put aside those ones that will take time to evaluate and maybe have a specific team only for those. While we wait, other ppl’s application are processed and only the handful will be the one complaining which is about maybe 10%

Jun 18, 2020
Which is complete bs and unfair. I think they put aside those ones that will take time to evaluate and maybe have a specific team only for those. While we wait, other ppl’s application are processed and only the handful will be the one complaining which is about maybe 10%
True that even emailing them doesn't help and to add insult to injury they decided to change the processing time to 20 weeks.

Reactions: CripplingYogi194

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Hi Kiran,
Any update on your ECA report?
Was your wife's MA considered as Masters by ICES ???
I received the hard copy just now and yes it is MASTERS :)

They acknowledge the receipt of all my documents on Nov 10th and i received the docs today. So roughly 10 weeks

ICES seems to be the best option comparing with IQAS... They are non-professional and taking hell lot of time for each steps. From ICES, I evaluated my wife's credential and my documents are with IQAS. All the docs were delivered to them by first week of November and they acknowledge the receipt only by 7th of Jan. So, no idea how long more time they need to get the final report.

Reactions: Alihusain Sadriwala

lidsds

Jul 30, 2020
I received the hard copy just now and yes it is MASTERS :)

They acknowledge the receipt of all my documents on Nov 10th and i received the docs today. So roughly 10 weeks

ICES seems to be the best option comparing with IQAS... They are non-professional and taking hell lot of time for each steps. From ICES, I evaluated my wife's credential and my documents are with IQAS. All the docs were delivered to them by first week of November and they acknowledge the receipt only by 7th of Jan. So, no idea how long more time they need to get the final report.
Oh... thats great news indeed.
Congratulations on receiving ECA report.
And wish you all the best.
Can you please share the entire timeline with ICES AND IQAS...

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Oh... thats great news indeed.
Congratulations on receiving ECA report.
And wish you all the best.
Can you please share the entire timeline with ICES AND IQAS...
For ICES, it took almost 3-4 weeks for the documents to reach the destination. Thanks to our speed post
They received my docs on Nov 10th and then by first week of Jan, the status changed to evaluation in progress and last week it shows completed.
So from Nov 10th to Jan 24th

IQAS, they are just playing around. As per courier tracking, they delivered the documents by the end of Nov first week. Then it took 2 months for IQAS to acknowledge the receipt of the docs. My first update was on Jan 7th and the status was "In line for processing" and still its the same. There are no further updates after that. I tried contacting them via webform and emails with no luck.. They just respond with an auto generated general email and nothing else.

Reactions: lidsds

lidsds

Jul 30, 2020
For ICES, it took almost 3-4 weeks for the documents to reach the destination. Thanks to our speed post
They received my docs on Nov 10th and then by first week of Jan, the status changed to evaluation in progress and last week it shows completed.
So from Nov 10th to Jan 24th

IQAS, they are just playing around. As per courier tracking, they delivered the documents by the end of Nov first week. Then it took 2 months for IQAS to acknowledge the receipt of the docs. My first update was on Jan 7th and the status was "In line for processing" and still its the same. There are no further updates after that. I tried contacting them via webform and emails with no luck.. They just respond with an auto generated general email and nothing else.
Oh. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you opt for electronic transfer of documents directly from the University?
I heard that's the most convenient and fastest way rather than sending physical documents.
Anyways, your ICES timeline is quite impressive compared to others who are still waiting to get through this.

I have 2 years Masters in Commerce, Accounting.
I hope to get it evaluated as masters if i opt for ICES. :)

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Oh. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you opt for electronic transfer of documents directly from the University?
I heard that's the most convenient and fastest way rather than sending physical documents.
Anyways, your ICES timeline is quite impressive compared to others who are still waiting to get through this.

I have 2 years Masters in Commerce, Accounting.
I hope to get it evaluated as masters if i opt for ICES. :)
Our universities are still working on papers and they dont deal electronically.

And for your evaluation, check in their website regarding your course. There is an option to check canadian equivalency in ICES website.

lidsds

Jul 30, 2020
Our universities are still working on papers and they dont deal electronically.

And for your evaluation, check in their website regarding your course. There is an option to check canadian equivalency in ICES website.
I was actually looking for that but I didn’t get it anywhere on their website. Do you have the actual link for it??

Dec 11, 2020
Mumbai
Nothing yet. I have send an email to them asking for the tracking number. But to get a response back from them, it will take 3-5 days.

It was my wife's ECA and she did it from Kerala University. She did MA in Personal management and hopefully they have provided masters equivalency
Hi, my status changed to 'Evaluation completed and mailed' yesterday. But like your case, haven't received a tracking number of the courier.

Did they provide you a tracking number after you emailed? them