+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I worked after graduation but before applying for PGWP, help!

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Thanks so much. Cool cool. I just came across one more info,just felt like asking;
Do you think cumulative work exp from canada might work for federal skilled program? any views

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Every country has their own rules that we have to follow. So it is up to you if you dont want to comply and might face the consequences. Other ppl get away with it does not mean you will be as lucky as them.
If you already made a mistake, just include it in the letter of explain for you own shake.

Josh13215

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
I don't know what to do. I finished my studies recently and I'm waiting for my final transcript. I know we can start working after applying for PGWP only if you have a valid study permit. In my case, my study permit got expired in July (i applied for extension in May but no update). So right now I'm on implied status. I'm confused whether I can start working after I apply for PGWP on implied status. Tried calling IRCC but unable to get in touch with an agent. Any idea guys?

Ral8

Aug 20, 2020
Hi there,
I would like to inquire about eligibility of PGWP.The college I would like to attend offers in an alternative format (online and/ or face to face with possibility of web conferencing. )I feel web conference is online class and I am not sure the online class will be offred less than 50 percent of all class there . If It is so,I could not get PGWP valid for theree years even I went to the college for two years. The college said I can get three years PGWP thouch, I am not sure about it.Do you think could I get after completion of this two-year course and isn't web conference online ?

djkuk23

May 11, 2017
Hi there,
I would like to inquire about eligibility of PGWP.The college I would like to attend offers in an alternative format (online and/ or face to face with possibility of web conferencing. )I feel web conference is online class and I am not sure the online class will be offred less than 50 percent of all class there . If It is so,I could not get PGWP valid for theree years even I went to the college for two years. The college said I can get three years PGWP thouch, I am not sure about it.Do you think could I get after completion of this two-year course and isn't web conference online ?
Usually, your course should be in class to be recognized for PGWP, or online courses should be less than 50%. Only then will you get the PGWP. Secondly, if those classes are conducted in class, but due to COVID, the school has moved to an online format, it is still recognized for PGWP.

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hello everyone, any help can be appreciated. I have applied for pgwp in may 2020, but i didnot mention one job thatvi did justvfor 1 day as i thought its not important bcoz it was not a long time job. But mow i want to add it in my online profile bit i cant find anywhere how to add.

Can anyone tell me how to add in the space of additional document as an explanation letter or the same IMM form with added employment.
I mean if any document remains we can always send it later but i cant dind the space where i can upload it.
Thank u all

JuniorJ

Dec 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I graduated and got my final results from UBC (full time studies) in mid May, and got hired to work 2 part time jobs from that point. I worked around 3-4 shifts in total during the 2 weeks before I applied for PGWP after someone from UBC International House told me to apply immediately and to own up to working illegally. Apparently upon getting my final grades, my study permit no longer allows me to work before applying for PGWP? My study permit allowed me to work on and off campus during non-study time. I expect to get my results for the PGWP application in around 2-3 weeks at which point my 90-day period after graduation ends, so I'm really short on time if I get rejected. The person working at International House told me that being honest in my application was the best way forward, but that some people had gotten rejected for doing what I did. I'm aware that every application is subjective and upto the specific agent, but I was curious if some people have made the same mistakes I did, or know anything about this situation that they could share. For example, is it likely that such cases get rejected/approved?

Thanks in advance!
Has anyone faced anything like this recently? I am in the same pickle. I realized that right now, i have already applied for PR
I know that working could be only a couple of weeks, as i can see there are many people here who have made the same mistake but is there anyone who got refused for their PR application because of this reason?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Can you work after completing your final exams but before receiving final transcript?
Assuming study permit still valid Part time only until applying for a PGWP when you can flip to FT pending a decision, see below. If you do not apply for a work permit then must stop working and flip to visitor

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

bruce wills

Dec 6, 2020
I've completed my masters degree. I didn't get my final transcript from my university yet. Can I work full time until I get the completion letter and transcript?
Please let me know.

bruce wills

Dec 6, 2020

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I've completed my masters degree. I didn't get my final transcript from my university yet. Can I work full time until I get the completion letter and transcript?
Please let me know
You are only allowed to work full time when you submit the application for PGWP, which is on implied status.

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi,
I received the letter of completion on February 13 and applied for my transcripts on February 15. I received the transcripts on February 25 and applied for my PGWP with the completion letter and transcripts on February 26. However, I accepted my employment offer on February 15 and got my first pay stub at the end of March. My employment letter states that I start on February 15. My full time job is on campus as a postdoctoral. Is this an issue for PR?
Any help is much appreciated.

Reactions: HonestApple