+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I worked after graduation but before applying for PGWP, help!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
No need to be sorry. I know the rules, everybody else does.Keep replying to bump up your post count. Good luck

Oct 29, 2018
No need to be sorry. I know the rules, everybody else does.Keep replying to bump up your post count. Good luck
don't be offended brother. I don't earn my bread and butter from Canada visa. and I don't need to bump any post counts, which looks like your solo mission here. Better clear your facts before arguing next time

JaskiratSINGH123

Sep 10, 2018
hello, parwinder sir
Sir I also applied for my pgwp recently my studies got finished on 14 dec and I worked till 22 dec part time but in the form I.e imm5710 under employment category I fillled that job from dec 2018 to Jan 2019 i m worried now that they may misunderstood that as I worked only till 22 dec i m worried that they may consider it as unauthorized work do this can be a issue pllz help if anybody can though I started that job On dec 1 and it gets finished on 22 dec and it’s just a weekend job so kindly pllz reply if anybody knows about this whether it will be an issue as they have records for all that stuff though I get my results or final grades or graduation letter on 15 Jan 2019 u can say written notification help

Oct 29, 2018
hello, parwinder sir
Sir I also applied for my pgwp recently my studies got finished on 14 dec and I worked till 22 dec part time but in the form I.e imm5710 under employment category I fillled that job from dec 2018 to Jan 2019 i m worried now that they may misunderstood that as I worked only till 22 dec i m worried that they may consider it as unauthorized work do this can be a issue pllz help if anybody can though I started that job On dec 1 and it gets finished on 22 dec and it’s just a weekend job so kindly pllz reply if anybody knows about this whether it will be an issue as they have records for all that stuff though I get my results or final grades or graduation letter on 15 Jan 2019 u can say written notification help
As you got official results in Jan 2019, so don't worry even if you filled u worked till Jan 2019 bcz that doesn't come under unauthorized work.

JaskiratSINGH123

Sep 10, 2018
But sir,
How do they come to know abt tht we got results on 15 Jan bcoz on graduation letter it is written that graduated in dec 2018 and same on the transcripts but the issue date mention on that is 24 Jan on both I d k what they will consider I m worried

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi guys,

I graduated and got my final results from UBC (full time studies) in mid May, and got hired to work 2 part time jobs from that point. I worked around 3-4 shifts in total during the 2 weeks before I applied for PGWP after someone from UBC International House told me to apply immediately and to own up to working illegally. Apparently upon getting my final grades, my study permit no longer allows me to work before applying for PGWP? My study permit allowed me to work on and off campus during non-study time. I expect to get my results for the PGWP application in around 2-3 weeks at which point my 90-day period after graduation ends, so I'm really short on time if I get rejected. The person working at International House told me that being honest in my application was the best way forward, but that some people had gotten rejected for doing what I did. I'm aware that every application is subjective and upto the specific agent, but I was curious if some people have made the same mistakes I did, or know anything about this situation that they could share. For example, is it likely that such cases get rejected/approved?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Dear,

Please share your experience. Did you get ur PGWP after mentioning your work ? Please help

cappyoh

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi, i worked after graduation and before applying for PGWP too, and i just got PPR this morning.

just write a letter of explanation (my case, i didnt know) and everything should be fine!
Good luck!

Reactions: vuta