+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I worked after graduation but before applying for PGWP, help!

jyoti09

Jan 7, 2018
I have same situation here.

I received official lette from my college on May 2nd in the afternoon and applied for the PGWP the same day at 9pm .
I started woking full time from may 2nd itself. Will this be a problem in my Pr application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have same situation here.

I received official lette from my college on May 2nd in the afternoon and applied for the PGWP the same day at 9pm .
I started woking full time from may 2nd itself. Will this be a problem in my Pr application?
No.

xxs27

May 15, 2020
Hi, i worked after graduation and before applying for PGWP too, and i just got PPR this morning.

just write a letter of explanation (my case, i didnt know) and everything should be fine!
Good luck!
Hi Sir,
Can I ask if you have declared that working history in your pgwp application?

dududu

May 25, 2020
Hi, i worked after graduation and before applying for PGWP too, and i just got PPR this morning.

just write a letter of explanation (my case, i didnt know) and everything should be fine!
Good luck!
Hi, I was wondering did you continue to work under implied status then after you applied for PGWP or you quit your job once you found out?

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
After reading this I clearly understood one thing
People can work part time before receiving their transcript n thereafter can work full time only if they are going for another study program within 150 days or have already applied for PGWP .

Its risky to work after receiving your transcript n before applying for PGWP. I mean why on earth would someone delay after receiving their transcript. You have everything on hand now just push the pgwp application button n be free to work full time thereafter.

People who worked fulltime in between that have regretted n some were super lucky to getaway with it. Look every immigration officer is different n not everyone will make a favourable decision for you .if the rules are clear we shouldn't risk

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi, no problem at all. I got my pr
Hi there, glad to hear you got the PR. Did you have to mention it at all thru LOE or just have to indicate in your personal history? I worked for about 2 weeks too and I put that in my personal history.

Isagarsaini

May 30, 2020
Hi. I completed my study in April and Recieved transcript on may 10. To apply work permit I need both transcript and graduation letter. My college told me they gonna send graduation letter on 5 June. I didn't stop working after receiving transcript because I am waiting for graduation letter. Is there gonna be problem for me?

Please help.

AdelinaBur

Oct 2, 2019
I have started working full time on june 4th before i got my transcripts and before applied for my PGWP (june 21st). If i state that this period was part time (as my lawyer suggests), would immigration officer find out from my pay stabs or any other cra websites that I'm lying? I have an idea just to call IRCC and tell them this is what happened and i didnt know, what should i do..

djkuk23

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

You cannot work at all, the day you receive a confirmation from your college/university that you have completed all the requirements of the courses via an email, a letter, a transcript or a diploma.

alexsmith14

Jan 1, 2019
I didn't have any problem getting PGWP as well and have not mentioned my mistake.

But will this be a problem when applying for PR... I will have to find out.