+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help I have a very unique situation

Ahmed12389

Feb 28, 2023
You may want to try the conjugal partner option. Based on "shared shelter" and "societal perception of the two as a couple" two stated grounds, added to "sexual and personal behaviour" and "economic support" between you, you could try to define your now legal spouse(still illegal in your country) was your conjugal partner and not eligible nor possible to be included in your original application.

You can use proving docs such as religious barriers and Denmark marriage certificate alike to write down your story. Though your spouse has used your common address in the TRV application, it does not necessarily mean you have stepped into a common-law relationship thereupon. Rather, it may state as a commitment between you two in recognizing each other.

The whole logic chain has to be clearly connected and proved by solid proof in convincing the officer.
I appreciate your reply.
The story you described is actually our story. I have no reason whatsoever not to disclose her other than the fact that it is illegal and I cannot prove it.In fact including her would have boosted my score and made this process less lonely and hard. I did all this thinking its the only way to do it.
We simply did not include her because of lack of evidence and legality of our situation.

I need a lawyer to help me do you know of any?

Ahmed12389

Feb 28, 2023
Define 'helped.'

If you mean, solved all your problems and made them go away like magic - then no, probably not.
If you mean, gave you advice and help you make better decisions and present your case as best as possible - yes, plenty of cases.
Thank you for you reply.

I just need to explain my situation. I need IRCC to understand that if including her was an option it would have been better even because the score would be same or higher because of her language and education. I want them to understand that I did not make this decision unless it was the logical and the right thing to do at that time. Our situation is unique. Our lives could really be in danger and it is by LAW in her country and she WILL get executed for marrying a non Muslim it is a reality and a law in her country not something we believe or think.

I want to a lawyer to help me formulate this and possibly find a way out.

Is our situation hopeless?
If it is then I will get-out of Canada and go somewhere me and her to ask for asylum we have no other choice.

Please if you know a good lawyer let me know.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for you reply.

I just need to explain my situation. I need IRCC to understand that if including her was an option it would have been better even because the score would be same or higher because of her language and education. I want them to understand that I did not make this decision unless it was the logical and the right thing to do at that time. Our situation is unique. Our lives could really be in danger and it is by LAW in her country and she WILL get executed for marrying a non Muslim it is a reality and a law in her country not something we believe or think.

I want to a lawyer to help me formulate this and possibly find a way out.

Is our situation hopeless?
If it is then I will get-out of Canada and go somewhere me and her to ask for asylum we have no other choice.

Please if you know a good lawyer let me know.
I repeat the suggestion of the firm that sponsors this forum. Go to Canadavisa.com. They are reputable.

The problem you are going to have is that it seems you were in fact living together for three years (was that in a third country ie not her home country ?). That doesn't fit with your claim that it made things very dangerous.

I'm not claiming your fear is not (was not) genuine. Just that you need a consultation about how best to approach and how difficult this may be.

I also repeat - consider whether your spouse can qualify on her own to immigrate. The same firm can assist with evaluating that.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi - I suppose that there was also misrepresentation X 2 with the two failed TRV applications to manage for the spouse?

Best of luck sorting through it all and with the argument that misrepresentation was "the right thing to do" on three separate occasions, if that's the case(s).

As for third countries where there's a safe spot for two star-crossed lovers - there's too many to mention. I'd personally look at Ireland, and then generally South America over Africa although I have high regard for Botswana.

I wouldn't give up on Canada, however any success could take a very, very long time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I wouldn't give up on Canada, however any success could take a very, very long time.
I am specifically avoiding making any comments about how problematic this might be, how long it might take, or whether it's 'impossible.'

To underline again to OP: it was a mistake, and a serious mistake, with potentially serious consequences. It could have been avoided by doing research in advance (even asking here where this is a well-known issue, that NOT declaring one's spouse is very, very serious).

So at this point, it really behooves the applicant and spouse to get professional advice. It is not a joke. Perhaps it can be relatively easily managed.

I do not think IRCC is full of monsters and indeed believe that for the most part, they are sensitive to issues about same sex, interracial, inter-religion relationships and the dangers in other countries. But that does not mean that having such issues absolves all errors (incl misrepresentation) and lawyers specializing in this may give the best advice about how to approach.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
If I read correctly, OP married only after pr. Living together isn’t automatically equal to common-law. It requires certain dedication which is not clearly defined or can be measured. Being lovers doesn’t automatically qualifies either. The boundaries are very subtitle. There was a thread on this forum where a partner wasn’t declared and the sponsor faced misrepresentation accusations when eventually tried to sponsor. They later posted that with the help of a lawyer on basis mentioned above the accusation was dismissed. For sure, this warrants a professional help but it doesn’t look that horrible of a situation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The boundaries are very subtitle. There was a thread on this forum where a partner wasn’t declared and the sponsor faced misrepresentation accusations when eventually tried to sponsor.
I think the important point to underline is that the situation is potentially very serious - with at least the potential presumption that either the spouse was not declared as required and hence banned for life from being sponsored, or that the sponsor misrepresented. Potentially extremely serious.

They later posted that with the help of a lawyer on basis mentioned above the accusation was dismissed. For sure, this warrants a professional help but it doesn’t look that horrible of a situation.
I believe most have suggested that a lawyer is strongly advised - to avoid it becoming worse than it is.

Reactions: Buletruck and ERCAN