+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I mistakenly revoked my GCkey...

justmohsen

Apr 19, 2017
This is really frustrating problem, why would they even put this option. I am having the same problem here and no mutter how I try, I cannot link my application to my new GCKey, any other suggestions? anybody solved this?
Thanks

hiradsoltani

Jul 17, 2017
Hey guys.
My father applied for a visitor visa. He mistakenly revoked his account.
we made a new account for him and tried many ways to link the previous application but it does not work.
Do you have any suggestion, or any phone number that we can call to solve this problem?
I called CIC but they don't give me a good answer...

Many thanks folks!

gupz

Aug 1, 2014
Hi Kim! Call the CIC and they will send you an email to where you can request for your GCkey to be activated again.
I had the same issue couple of months ago and thats just what I did.

Hope it helps.
Hi Kim! Call the CIC and they will send you an email to where you can request for your GCkey to be activated again.
I had the same issue couple of months ago and thats just what I did.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for this information.

What are the details I need to provide CIC to retain my account back.

Is this kind of reset option or do we need to make a secondary Gckey to link the first one?

ashuthak

Apr 11, 2019
I was able to link my application today after a couple of tries. Here are the details I have put it:

My visa type was a super visa.

Category: Temporary Resident
Sub-category: Temporary resident visa (thanks @matjal for this advice)
Application number: <my email contained the same>
Family name: <my family>
Passport details: <my passport details>
ENtry/Exit data: <Look for imm5257e form for these details>
Amount: <Look for imm5257e form for these details>

hetaljariwala

Apr 11, 2019
I fixed my post-graduation work permit issue by complaining to CIC, they replied back after a week that they have fixed the technical issue and it worked!!!

alejandruiz

May 9, 2019
Hi,

Today I could link my revoked account to a new account. I have applied for a visitor visa. I tried to link my application in many different ways but it did not work. I emailed them via the link that they have provided for reporting technical difficulty, and I sent the snapshot of my browser, errors, and the information that I have provided. They emailed me back within a week and answered me very perfectly. The problem in my case was that I have chosen the subcategory of my visa application to "visitor record" which was WRONG and it should be "Temporary Resident Visa". In other words it should be like this:

Temporary Residence Category/ Temporary Resident Visa Sub-Category

Hope that helps :)
You dont know who much I love youuuu!!! I trie to call every place, wrote every where, and I dont get nothing!!! 2 days no sleep well!! And you give me the exact answer!!! to easy and no body in the Canadian office cant tell me that!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

Jul 17, 2019
I have the exact same problem and my flight is on July 28th..can anyone help or has a telephone number that I could dial? I am really desperate since there seems to be no one who was able to solve this problem...
Hey have you got any problem during your arrival to canada as my visa has came but i revoked my gckey bymistake and i have not got my biometric done

Jul 17, 2019
You dont know who much I love youuuu!!! I trie to call every place, wrote every where, and I dont get nothing!!! 2 days no sleep well!! And you give me the exact answer!!! to easy and no body in the Canadian office cant tell me that!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH...
Hey how you linked the account please give me the kink

Jul 17, 2019
Don't worry I did the same mistake. I created a new account and then I linked my application to the new account. You have to provide some information such as your name, birth date, your arrival date etc. If you do all correctly then you won't face any difficulties linking the account.
I wasnt able to link my application to the new account even when I entered all the information correctly

Prithi

Jun 25, 2019
I applied Canada visa and got passport requested mail from embassy after completd my process. I got approved mail from embassy .Yesterday I submitted my passport for stamped visa in vfs office .But aftr it unfortunately my gckey was revoked by me. Now please tell that embassy give me visa or not without gckey .

Reeths

Jul 17, 2019
When we provide information we do really silly mistakes like capital letters neglection nd extra space

Sep 14, 2019
I wasn't able to link my application to the new account even when I entered all the information correctly .. I apply for post graduation work permit.. so I choose category <temporary visa> and subcategory as < work permit and extension>.. but still it does not work.. please let me know what to do

Niloofar_61m

Feb 19, 2020
Hi,

Today I could link my revoked account to a new account. I have applied for a visitor visa. I tried to link my application in many different ways but it did not work. I emailed them via the link that they have provided for reporting technical difficulty, and I sent the snapshot of my browser, errors, and the information that I have provided. They emailed me back within a week and answered me very perfectly. The problem in my case was that I have chosen the subcategory of my visa application to "visitor record" which was WRONG and it should be "Temporary Resident Visa". In other words it should be like this:

Temporary Residence Category/ Temporary Resident Visa Sub-Category

Hope that helps :)
HI
thank you very much ,the solution that you mentioned in above works for me. :)
but we are 3 people in one application but just one application no as (applicant) link to my new GCKey,
for 2 of application what should i do ?
Best Regards,
Zahra

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
I applied Canada visa and got passport requested mail from embassy after completd my process. I got approved mail from embassy .Yesterday I submitted my passport for stamped visa in vfs office .But aftr it unfortunately my gckey was revoked by me. Now please tell that embassy give me visa or not without gckey .
Hi, I did the same thing just now. How did you get this fixed? Thanks so much in advance.

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
pls i mistakenly revoked my GCKEY account today, and i just receive an email notification and am unable to access it. pls what number can i call to rectify this issue
Hi, I just revoked mine too accidentally. Could you please tell me how you fixed the issue?