+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have submitted my passport Lastweek to VFS dubai , How long it would take to get stamp

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
@Anuj_Goel21 @andy.ad41 I just received the email from VFS that the passports has been dispatched from IRCC to Abhudhabi VFS office.

I hope it will be delivered to me by saturday ( by courier )

Submitted on 17th AUG - PR Application - For me & my wife

Update : Received Passport !

Note : Once you receive that email, on the same day itself you will be getting your passport

Last edited:

Anuj_Goel21

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
@Anuj_Goel21 @andy.ad41 I just received the email from VFS that the passports has been dispatched from IRCC to Abhudhabi VFS office.

I hope it will be delivered to me by saturday ( by courier )

Submitted on 17th AUG - PR Application - For me & my wife

Update : Received Passport !

Note : Once you receive that email, on the same day itself you will be getting your passport
congrats @saju_simon
I am still waiting.. my submission date is 13-Aug-23

Anuj_Goel21

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
normally VFS is closed on Saturday and Sunday right , have you submitted your passports directly through courier ?
I have submitted on 13th Aug to VFS office (Qatar) .. got email on 15th Aug that documents are with IRCC Abu dhabhi office for processing, after that no updates.

andy.ad41

Aug 22, 2023
I have submitted on 13th Aug to VFS office (Qatar) .. got email on 15th Aug that documents are with IRCC Abu dhabhi office for processing, after that no updates.
Okay clear, I don't think calling the embassy will help. I checked with VFS during my submission and they said processing takes 2-3 weeks. I hope it will be the same for you as well, Normally, you should receive your passport this week

andy.ad41

Aug 22, 2023
@Anuj_Goel21 , Did you receive your passports? Can you please check your GC Key account, I received an email today saying "We updated your application status" When I logged into GC Key now it shows your application is approved and the background shows completed, it was in progress stage until that email. It shows some details of the counterfoil. Although I received an email today, but it was updated yesterday.

Reactions: Rahan Mozumdar

Anuj_Goel21

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
@Anuj_Goel21 , Did you receive your passports? Can you please check your GC Key account, I received an email today saying "We updated your application status" When I logged into GC Key now it shows your application is approved and the background shows completed, it was in progress stage until that email. It shows some details of the counterfoil. Although I received an email today, but it was updated yesterday.
Hi Andy, Yes i received an email on 8th Sep stated "The decision envelope for your application ID-xxxxxxxxx has been dispatched from the IRCC office to the Canada Visa application center in Embassy of Canada in Abu Dabhi"
Hopefully i may receive my passport in another 2 days as i resides in Qatar