+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got Request Letter (evidence) after receiving Citizenship Test letter 2 weeks ago

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Hi Raj, hope you are well.
1. When you uploaded the scanned pdf to Docsbase, did you send them all passport pages, or only those that needed translation?
2. Also, I'm wondering about pages where stamps are bilingual, with both English and a foreign language. I have a bunch of bilingual stamps, and wondering what to do!
3. Thought I could send IRCC the passport pages and translation by email or webform. But it looks like they need hard copies by courier, is that how you did it? This is what their request letter says "Please send the required documents by mail or courier to the address below within 30 days from the date of this notice along with a copy of this letter to: IRCC Scarboroug, 325 Milner Avenue, 2nd Floor, Scarborough, Ontario, M1B 5N1"

No, I sent the scanned copies to them online.

For this request, I submitted the passport pages and the translation as 2 separate files. You can merge it into 1 if you want to. I think you can place the translation next to the stamp if you are merging it or put all the translations at the end. I'm not sure, I think you can suit yourself.

I think I used smallpdf or ilovepdf (can't remember which one) to compress the PDF size.

I used Docsbase - Certified translation .

Translate ALL stamps/visas on the passport that are not in English or French.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj, hope you are well.
1. When you uploaded the scanned pdf to Docsbase, did you send them all passport pages, or only those that needed translation?
2. Also, I'm wondering about pages where stamps are bilingual, with both English and a foreign language. I have a bunch of bilingual stamps, and wondering what to do!
3. Thought I could send IRCC the passport pages and translation by email or webform. But it looks like they need hard copies by courier, is that how you did it? This is what their request letter says "Please send the required documents by mail or courier to the address below within 30 days from the date of this notice along with a copy of this letter to: IRCC Scarboroug, 325 Milner Avenue, 2nd Floor, Scarborough, Ontario, M1B 5N1"
1. Only those that need translation.
2. In that case, you don't have to translate them IMO.
3. You should check the instruction on how to send the PP pages. Some applicants were requested for this via post like in your case. If they requested the documents by post, then you should do that. I was NOT asked to send these documents by post and they explicitly asked me to respond by email.

Reactions: prash42

labamba

Jan 2, 2017
Hi, I just received my passport pages request and have a few questions.

1) In the letter, it states "You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages". Does this mean I have to scan every single page of each of my passports during the eligibility period including ALL blank pages?

2) Do I need to translate the page that governs all the rules of the passport (there's a whole page with rules relevant for the passport holder).

Thank you in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I just received my passport pages request and have a few questions.

1) In the letter, it states "You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages". Does this mean I have to scan every single page of each of my passports during the eligibility period including ALL blank pages?

2) Do I need to translate the page that governs all the rules of the passport (there's a whole page with rules relevant for the passport holder).

Thank you in advance!
1. YES
2. I suppose that's not necessary. But if there isn't much of a price difference to translate that page as well, then go ahead with it.

Good luck!

Khawaja.k

Oct 6, 2021
Hi all. I also got email request for passports pages.I’ve 2 passports so do I need to send both merged in single PDF file???and also do I need to send the file as is or send in zip folder. Very confused

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all. I also got email request for passports pages.I’ve 2 passports so do I need to send both merged in single PDF file???and also do I need to send the file as is or send in zip folder. Very confused
Don't send zip files. Send it as a PDF. I was able to get 1 passport (36 pages) into a 1.8 MB PDF file. So, 2 passports should be less than 4 MB. Scan the passport pages with a lower DPI and add them to MS word and then save as PDF. You should be able to fit 2 passports in the same file.

SUSANJJ

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
I was away for a total of 44 days and I still got the request. This request is becoming pretty common so I don't think there's any need to worry too much about it. As long as you didn't lie on the application (physical presence calculator), you should be good.
HI Raj,
i received ppt page request.doc based cert,do they sent translated docs via email or post.how much they charge

Oct 4, 2021
I will be applying very shortly and have passports with foreign stamps. Should I get them translated beforehand? Will apply online where they ask for bio pages only. Would they ask for passports translated in their entirety later on?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I will be applying very shortly and have passports with foreign stamps. Should I get them translated beforehand? Will apply online where they ask for bio pages only. Would they ask for passports translated in their entirety later on?
I would strongly recommend submitting all pages of your passport in the "Other documents" section even if you are applying online. Almost everyone is getting passport request these days and it is very likely you'll be asked for it too. That's why, it is a good idea to submit it upfront so that they won't ask for it later IMO.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I have a question for everyone, what will be the timing of the oath ceremony, I mean is it Monday to Friday, 9-5 pm or Saturday too?

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
I have a question for everyone, what will be the timing of the oath ceremony, I mean is it Monday to Friday, 9-5 pm or Saturday too?
I have heard of Saturday too and also before 9 am

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Hi All, I got my citizenship test letter on 23rd June and today (12th Jul 2021) I received an email from CIC with a pdf attachment 'Request Letter' requesting all passport pages color scanned copies. It reads "In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a passport or travel document, please provide an explanation"

My questions are :
1. Is it normal for CIC to request for evidence even after sending the citizenship test letter?
2. I have had 2 passports so far in my life. My first one ended before I got my PR, my question is a) should I scan my old passport also, or would just the new one I held when I got my PR and landed in Canada good enought?
3. How long will the process extend for people who have got request letter (for evidence) in general ?
4. I was out of Canada since Jan 2nd 2021 and only returned now July4th to Canada for the citizenship test, did this absence cause them to request for new evidence now ?

Thanks in advance
I had to do this. It turns out that I missed some dates when I was absent from Canada (4 trips, 31 days total).

I provided my passport and they emailed me (a human) and asked about the dates, purpose and time out of Canada. They did this asked about two months after passport scan. This week I was approved.

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Hi All, I got my citizenship test letter on 23rd June and today (12th Jul 2021) I received an email from CIC with a pdf attachment 'Request Letter' requesting all passport pages color scanned copies. It reads "In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a passport or travel document, please provide an explanation"

My questions are :
1. Is it normal for CIC to request for evidence even after sending the citizenship test letter?
2. I have had 2 passports so far in my life. My first one ended before I got my PR, my question is a) should I scan my old passport also, or would just the new one I held when I got my PR and landed in Canada good enought?
3. How long will the process extend for people who have got request letter (for evidence) in general ?
4. I was out of Canada since Jan 2nd 2021 and only returned now July4th to Canada for the citizenship test, did this absence cause them to request for new evidence now ?

Thanks in advance
Hi, I just wondered after you sent your passport copies (via email I assume) how long did you wait for the Citizenship status to change?, as mine is still saying "waiting on you" after 3 weeks since I emailed them to the IRCC email address. Thanks.

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
No, I sent the scanned copies to them online.

For this request, I submitted the passport pages and the translation as 2 separate files. You can merge it into 1 if you want to. I think you can place the translation next to the stamp if you are merging it or put all the translations at the end. I'm not sure, I think you can suit yourself.

I think I used smallpdf or ilovepdf (can't remember which one) to compress the PDF size.
Hi, were your passport copies requested to be sent via email? I sent all the attachments in one email. Hope that was ok.