+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got Request Letter (evidence) after receiving Citizenship Test letter 2 weeks ago

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
The word UAE is in English, date is in English as well as in Arabic, and the word Entry/Exit is in English. I didn't translate.
Oh, I see. I have the same (UAE in english, Entry/Exit in english, and the dates are in English). Great!! Thanks.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Oh, I see. I have the same (UAE in english, Entry/Exit in english, and the dates are in English). Great!! Thanks.
yes i have the same for KSA, UAE, and Bahrain, there is words in English as entry and exit some stamps are just showing planes entry/exit i sent them on 24th AUG and no reply from them till now, they said if there is a problem with copies will let you know. it seems all good.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
yes i have the same for KSA, UAE, and Bahrain, there is words in English as entry and exit some stamps are just showing planes entry/exit i sent them on 24th AUG and no reply from them till now, they said if there is a problem with copies will let you know. it seems all good.
Ok, great! Thanks. I got it converted anyways I just didn't want to take any chances due to personal reasons. I still waiting from the translation company to send me the English version back.

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Anyone asked to translate stamps in Spanish?

For example, Mexican stamps are in this format: 25-(Month in Spanish)-2020. I understand IRCC asking something written in Arabic or Russian.. but even when the abbreviation is identical as in English or French like 25-FEB-2020, will they ask for it?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Do we really need to get the stamped visas in different language to be translated? I have over 8-10 of them in various languages :-(
These are official visa either for transits or for 1-2 days visits and are part of the passport.
When in doubt, follow the instructions; otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

And in regards to items in a language other than English or French, the instructions are clear: include a properly authenticated translation for any document containing information that is not in one or the other official language (Canada's official languages being French and English) submitted or presented to IRCC attendant the processing of a citizenship application.

That instruction is almost universal for any application submitted to IRCC.

So if the question is whether the IRCC request for a full copy of a passport containing stamps (or any other information) that is not in an official language includes a request for a properly authenticated translation, YES it does. Unequivocally.

But IRCC does not engage in gotcha-games. Failing to follow the instructions does not always cause a problem.

Leading to . . .

My passports have Dubai, UAE stamps. It has English as well as Arabic. I didn't translate, and they accepted my Passport copies.
How things go for one person RARELY illuminates what someone else should do. How it went for you ONLY shows how it MIGHT go for someone else, based on that is how it went for one person, and does NOT show how it is likely to go let alone indicate what the rules or instructions are, let alone how it will go for sure. (I not only have driven 50k over the speed limit on both the 401 and the QEW, without being ticketed, I have done so multiple times, with excuses, in what I would call extenuating circumstances . . . but make no mistake, that does not come close to suggesting it is OK or legal to drive 50k over the speed limit in Canada, on the QEW or the 401 or elsewhere . . . and no one should be under any delusion, and I am not, my "excuses" would not have kept me from incurring the consequences if OPP had, so to say, "caught" me and enforced the law.)

In regards to the instructions to provide a properly authenticated translation, like enforcement of traffic regulations, there is a difference between what the rules require and how they are enforced.

FWIW, BTW, been there myself, did that, no problem. Long before Covid, so I had an in-person interview at which I presented my passports but no translation for the one which contained stamps in a language that was neither English nor French. Two days later I took the oath and became a citizen of Canada. Here too I had "excuses," I overlooked inspecting the details in my passport stamps until I got the notice to attend the interview (no test since I was age exempt) barely a week before the interview, and which was months previous to what I was expecting (at that time the published processing timeline was two years for routine applications and I got the notice for the interview LESS than eight months after mailing my application), and I did not have time to get a translation before the interview.

For context, as noted, I took the oath only two days after the scheduled test event, at which I was interviewed, but I have never answered questions about "how long" after the test/interview does it take to be scheduled for the oath by saying "I took the oath two days later."

As already noted, IRCC does not engage in gotcha-games. IRCC does not, in effect, punish applicants for minor mistakes or minor deviations from following the instructions. So, many, many forum participants have reported, like you, like me, NO PROBLEM despite failing to provide a properly authenticated translation for passport stamps that include information in neither English or French.

Whether someone else will similarly benefit from non-enforcement of the instructions to include a translation cannot be predicted in the abstract. The problem with trying to forecast the likelihood of, so to say, getting a pass, is that various factors could influence how it actually goes. The safe approach is obvious: When in doubt, follow the instructions; otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

I think its normal now to be asked for Passport copies (all pages with translation of any non english pages or stamps). I had the same question when I was asked and people on here said it's normal and many have had to submit it. Thanks
Prior to Covid nearly ALL adult citizenship applicants were required to attend an interview and in that interview present full copies of all relevant passports, to be accompanied by translations if any information in the passport was not in an official language. More than what was "normal," that was the near universal practice.

Covid has knocked things off kilter. Many of the procedures implemented during the pandemic are NOT normal. As things progress, going forward, the probable direction is more or less toward normal . . . which will include interviews and presentation of documents like passports. Perhaps not nearly so universally as before the pandemic, but a lot of how things have worked the last year and a half plus some, in practice, are TEMPORARY.

Still leaves open whether or not, for SOME, it will go OK even if they fail to follow the instructions, failing to provide a translation with passports containing stamps (or other information) that have information in neither French or English.

Separately . . . another BTW . . . just because the stamp itself includes the information in both English and the other language, is NO guarantee that will get a pass. The English language text is NOT a properly authenticated translation of the non-English language. Sure, this probably increases the odds it will get a pass, that having no translation will be OK. But to be clear, it does not comply with the instructions.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think UAE's and Bahrain's are ok. the Saudi ones should be done as the date, airport etc are in arabic and I have tens of those in my passport.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I got my citizenship test letter on 23rd June and today (12th Jul 2021) I received an email from CIC with a pdf attachment 'Request Letter' requesting all passport pages color scanned copies. It reads "In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a passport or travel document, please provide an explanation"

My questions are :
1. Is it normal for CIC to request for evidence even after sending the citizenship test letter?

Normal
2. I have had 2 passports so far in my life. My first one ended before I got my PR, my question is a) should I scan my old passport also, or would just the new one I held when I got my PR and landed in Canada good enought?
Only new PP

3. How long will the process extend for people who have got request letter (for evidence) in general ?

I don't think this will cause any delay.

4. I was out of Canada since Jan 2nd 2021 and only returned now July4th to Canada for the citizenship test, did this absence cause them to request for new evidence now ?

No

Thanks in advance

What is ur timeline please

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I also have many stamps with UAE but they never have a stamp in English. I have been traveling to/via UAE since the year 2000, last I travelled there was in 2018. Always their stamps are completely in Arabic except the words UAE.
UAE you don't really need to translate.
Dates are English/Georgian calendar based.
I was a resident and later in 2017/2018 visited there (visa-on-arrival).
Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, is also OK. no translation needed.
Saudi one yes would need to be translated as the entry/exit stamp dates are following Islamic calendar. Visa(I only had a business/visit stamped by the consulate) which is half in English and Arabic.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
UAE you don't really need to translate.
Dates are English/Georgian calendar based.
I was a resident and later in 2017/2018 visited there (visa-on-arrival).
Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, is also OK. no translation needed.
Saudi one yes would need to be translated as the entry/exit stamp dates are following Islamic calendar. Visa(I only had a business/visit stamped by the consulate) which is half in English and Arabic.
Yeah, I noticed that. But I thought IRCC would like to know the port of entry city/airport which is in Arabic. The dates and the "Entry" and "Exit" is in english.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Yeah, I noticed that. But I thought IRCC would like to know the port of entry city/airport which is in Arabic. The dates and the "Entry" and "Exit" is in english.
Might be, but as long as the country is mentioned in UAE you should be good..
I never flew out of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, so don't know how do those stamps looks like tbh...

Reactions: funloving

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Might be, but as long as the country is mentioned in UAE you should be good..
I never flew out of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, so don't know how do those stamps looks like tbh...

Thanks.

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Anyone sent a copy of their passports before it's been asked?

I just did my citizenship test and I want to send a copy of my past passports to IRCC right away so my application is processed asap.

Do I use the web form or simply email the local processing office?

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020

I just did my citizenship test and I want to send a copy of my past passports to IRCC right away so my application is processed asap.

My advice : Dont do that, if they see any thing off it may further delay your application.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Do not send the color scan of your passport unless it has been asked by IRCC.
If they request this info an email will be sent to you and you can reply to that email attaching the copy of your passport including all pages with visas, entry/exit stamps and the ones that are blan and of course the bio pages