+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got Request Letter (evidence) after receiving Citizenship Test letter 2 weeks ago

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi
I got my passport stamps translated and wanted to reply to the email but have a few questions before I reply to the request for passport email
1. In the email body it states "Please read the attached request carefully and make sure to follow the instructions given to respond to this email. Please DO NOT CHANGE the subject line." but then its contradicted in the pdf attachment that has instructions to follow for scanned copies of travel documents to send, it says "In your email of reply, change the subject line to your application number and your last name" - can anybody tell me should we change the reply email subject line or retain or append application number & last name ?
2. They have asked to provide "scanned copies or photos of all your passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required". Now I would like to know if PR Card is also a travel document and if we need to include it in the reply along with passport ?
(I read this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-canadian-pr-card-a-travel-document.524526/ but I think there's still ambiguity if Permanent Resident (PR) card is a travel document. Can someone or @rajkamalmohanram (since you already have sent the reply) please clarify this if you have already replied?

I appreciate it. Thanks in advance
1. Don't change the subject line if it already contains your application number. The email body has highlighted text that instructs not to change the subject line.

2. No, they are only looking for Passports here. You don't have to submit your PR card.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
1. Do not change the subject line if it already contains your application number.
2. No, just the passports. "Travel Documents" refers to things like "Refugee travel documents". These people can't get a passport so they use their "travel document" like a passport.
I think was already asked and answered in this thread (same page) above. So I am just tagging it again for my question above. Thanks

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

armela.g

Jul 31, 2021
I have received the same letter.
What do you think when is saying eligibility period are required, is mean when became permanent resident or all the passport before you become permanent resident?
What do I need to sent?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have received the same letter.
What do you think when is saying eligibility period are required, is mean when became permanent resident or all the passport before you become permanent resident?
What do I need to sent?
Well, it is very CLEAR what "eligibility period" means. It means 5 years before the date of your citizenship application. So, you'd have to submit any and all passports that were valid during the 5 year eligibility period. Doesn't matter if it was before/after PR.

Good luck.

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
I got this passport request letter too after my citizenship test. I sent them scans of passports and now it’s 1.5 months I did not hear anything CIC. Hope everything will be ok

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got this passport request letter too after my citizenship test. I sent them scans of passports and now it’s 1.5 months I did not hear anything CIC. Hope everything will be ok
They don't send an acknowledgement after they've received passport pages.

Good luck for a quick Decision Made and then oath.

Reactions: Toronto1971

mmsyed

Aug 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Inland
AOR Received.
03-03-2018
LANDED..........
05-10-2018
Hello everyone, I just thought to share my application status as mine has been in the similar situation of this thread title. I attended the test on 25th of August and I received the request letter for passport on 7th September. I sent out the scans of the passports yesterday.

Good luck guys on the next step of receiving the oath invitation. :)

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
@rajkamalmohanram Did you need to translate passport stamps or they were all in English ?
Do we really need to get the stamped visas in different language to be translated? I have over 8-10 of them in various languages :-(
These are official visa either for transits or for 1-2 days visits and are part of the passport.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi All, I got my citizenship test letter on 23rd June and today (12th Jul 2021) I received an email from CIC with a pdf attachment 'Request Letter' requesting all passport pages color scanned copies. It reads "In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a passport or travel document, please provide an explanation"

My questions are :
1. Is it normal for CIC to request for evidence even after sending the citizenship test letter?
2. I have had 2 passports so far in my life. My first one ended before I got my PR, my question is a) should I scan my old passport also, or would just the new one I held when I got my PR and landed in Canada good enought?
3. How long will the process extend for people who have got request letter (for evidence) in general ?
4. I was out of Canada since Jan 2nd 2021 and only returned now July4th to Canada for the citizenship test, did this absence cause them to request for new evidence now ?

Thanks in advance
Did you not submit your all pages with your application the first time? Is that the reason they are asking for?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we really need to get the stamped visas in different language to be translated? I have over 8-10 of them in various languages :-(
These are official visa either for transits or for 1-2 days visits and are part of the passport.
I had the same situation. Some of the stamps were not in English. As the IRCC explicitly mentioned that all docs that are not in Eng or French must be translated. I had all of them translated and certified. So, just to be on the safe side I recommend to have everything translated. Good luck.

Reactions: funloving

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
My passports have Dubai, UAE stamps. It has English as well as Arabic. I didn't translate, and they accepted my Passport copies.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Did you not submit your all pages with your application the first time? Is that the reason they are asking for?
I think its normal now to be asked for Passport copies (all pages with translation of any non english pages or stamps). I had the same question when I was asked and people on here said it's normal and many have had to submit it. Thanks

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My passports have Dubai, UAE stamps. It has English as well as Arabic. I didn't translate, and they accepted my Passport copies.
I also have many stamps with UAE but they never have a stamp in English. I have been traveling to/via UAE since the year 2000, last I travelled there was in 2018. Always their stamps are completely in Arabic except the words UAE.

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I also have many stamps with UAE but they never have a stamp in English. I have been traveling to/via UAE since the year 2000, last I travelled there was in 2018. Always their stamps are completely in Arabic except the words UAE.
The word UAE is in English, date is in English as well as in Arabic, and the word Entry/Exit is in English. I didn't translate.

Reactions: funloving