+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got Request Letter (evidence) after receiving Citizenship Test letter 2 weeks ago

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Wow, that's awesome how you got such a quick response! I waited over 2 months to get an email to confirm that they had received my copies. Glad all is good!
What I did was send it twice lol
First I just clicked reply and sent it!
Then I created a new message and resent the pdf!
So I kinda pressed the matter!

I guess it’s a waiting game from here on out!
Hope it’s a quick turnaround

Reactions: elliek999

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Wow, that's awesome how you got such a quick response! I waited over 2 months to get an email to confirm that they had received my copies. Glad all is good!
What I did was send it twice lol
First I just clicked reply and sent it!
Then I created a new message and resent the pdf!
So I kinda pressed the matter!

I guess it’s a waiting game from here on out!
Hope it’s a quick turnaround
That was a good plan! Certainly patience is needed. Always encouraging when get updates. Yes, hopefully hear more soon :)

braheem

Jan 30, 2018
Same for me. I did not get it translated and I had no issue. My status was changed to decision made next day. If you want to be extra careful then you can get it translated but as per my understanding not required as they are more interested in entry/exit stamps and visas so check your physical presence eligibility.
How long did it take to get your application approved?

razkevich

Jul 2, 2022
Hi, I've also sent the passports, but I've realized three things:

1. I sent two passports and the second passport was issued after I applied for citizenship, i.e. after my 5 year eligibility period
2. in that second passport there's a UK working visa, because I'm temporarily in UK now
3. I left canada right after I applied for citizenship about 1.5 years ago, haven't yet returned.

Do you think it's gonna cause any problems? Thanks!

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi, I've also sent the passports, but I've realized three things:

1. I sent two passports and the second passport was issued after I applied for citizenship, i.e. after my 5 year eligibility period
2. in that second passport there's a UK working visa, because I'm temporarily in UK now
3. I left canada right after I applied for citizenship about 1.5 years ago, haven't yet returned.

Do you think it's gonna cause any problems? Thanks!
Did they ask you to send the second passport?
I also haven't returned after 1 year.

razkevich

Jul 2, 2022
Did they ask you to send the second passport?
I also haven't returned after 1 year.
No they haven't asked for the second passport, but I still sent it because I misunderstood what the "5 year eligibility period" means. Now I'm wondering if that's gonna cause problems or delay

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
No they haven't asked for the second passport, but I still sent it because I misunderstood what the "5 year eligibility period" means. Now I'm wondering if that's gonna cause problems or delay
No, they asked me for the second passport during the interview.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
may i ask how did it go? any tricky questions? did they want to understand when and if you're coming back? did they finally approve your application? thankx.
Just IDs check and language assessment. Nothing more.

Reactions: razkevich

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
thanks for the info. just got invited to the interview too. Btw did it take long before you got scheduled the oath ceremony?
No oath yet.

Sep 1, 2022
I had to do this. It turns out that I missed some dates when I was absent from Canada (4 trips, 31 days total).

I provided my passport and they emailed me (a human) and asked about the dates, purpose and time out of Canada. They did this asked about two months after passport scan. This week I was approved.
Same issue. I just sent my own explanation. I missed 8 days. How long after you sent explanation that you got approved?