+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got Request Letter (evidence) after receiving Citizenship Test letter 2 weeks ago

jk_indian

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
05-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2016
LANDED..........
Expected (15-09-2016)
1) Is it mandatory to be inside Canada for the online oath? Is it explicitly mentioned in the oath invitation letters?
2) Is there a possibility to reschedule the oath just in case we need more time to arrive in Canada to attend the same?
3) Will I be asked to destroy the PR card at the time of the oath? If yes, any idea how we can manage international travels(Canada to home country and back, Canada to the US and back) without a PR card, before getting the Canadian passport?
4) Do the minors included in the application get something similar to the oath invitation?
5) When is the PR card destruction done for the minors included in the application? Is it mandatory to be done along with the primary applicant's oath or is it OK to do it along with another adult (non-primary) applicant included in the application?

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is it mandatory to be inside Canada for the online oath? Is it explicitly mentioned in the oath letters?
Yes. The clerk will confirm this with you again at the time of the ceremony. Do not attend the ceremony if you are outside Canada. Unless IRCC specifically advises you can appear for oath outside Canada, this will be considered misrepresentation and your citizenship could be revoked for this reason (and you can't apply for citizenship for another 10 years). This will leave you stateless if you don't have the citizenship of any other country.

Further, you'll have to chop your PR card at the end of the citizenship ceremony - This will leave you without any documents to return to Canada. You'll need to wait a few weeks to receive your citizenship certificate and you need the original certificate to apply for a passport. There is no way to apply for a passport to return to Canada without you receiving the citizenship certificate.

Last edited:
Reactions: jk_indian

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
1) Is it mandatory to be inside Canada for the online oath? Is it explicitly mentioned in the oath invitation letters?
2) Is there a possibility to reschedule the oath just in case we need more time to arrive in Canada to attend the same?
3) Will I be asked to destroy the PR card at the time of the oath? If yes, any idea how we can manage international travels(Canada to home country and back, Canada to the US and back) without a PR card, before getting the Canadian passport?
4) Do the minors included in the application get something similar to the oath invitation?
5) When is the PR card destruction done for the minors included in the application? Is it mandatory to be done along with the primary applicant's oath or is it OK to do it along with another adult (non-primary) applicant included in the application?
1. Currently yes you need to be inside Canada.
2. Of course you can.
3. Yes. People are asked to cut the PR cards online in front of them.
5. Yes, for minors too since they are also getting citizenship hence PR card later is not required.
I think that there is no primary/secondary applicant here. Whoever signed the minor's application will be taking oath for the minor too implicitly (even though less than 14 year old might not be present in oath).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I answered your original question here before you updated the post. That was for Q1.

2. Yes, you certainly can. However, when you'll receive another oath invitation would be anybody's guess. You can let IRCC know once you are back in Canada and when they find a slot, they'll squeeze you in.

3 and 5. Yes. Everyone in the application (including minors) will have to cut the PR card in front of the camera while an IRCC official is present. PR cards won't work for international travel after you receive citizenship.

4. I believe they do, yes. However, minors younger than 14 years old do NOT need to take the oath of citizenship but they are welcome to.

aayanfahim

Jul 16, 2021
Hi All,
The last page on my passport is in other language ( not in english or french). The page only has rules and regulations related to the passport. I wanted to know if I have to get it translated?

jatin229

Sep 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
SLU on 29th April
Med's Request
7th April 2016
Med's Done....
12th April 2016
This thread is really helpful . Thanks everyone !! I also received the request today . I have two doubts , if someone can help:-

1) In the email they said do not change subject while replying but in the PDF attached they said change the sub to <Last name>-<File Number> .
2) They said passport & TRAVEL DOCUMENTS . With Travel documents do they mean PR card , landing form ? or passport is suffice .

THanks
Jatin

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This thread is really helpful . Thanks everyone !! I also received the request today . I have two doubts , if someone can help:-

1) In the email they said do not change subject while replying but in the PDF attached they said change the sub to <Last name>-<File Number> .
2) They said passport & TRAVEL DOCUMENTS . With Travel documents do they mean PR card , landing form ? or passport is suffice .

THanks
Jatin
1. Do not change the subject line if it already contains your application number.
2. No, just the passports. "Travel Documents" refers to things like "Refugee travel documents". These people can't get a passport so they use their "travel document" like a passport.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi All,
The last page on my passport is in other language ( not in english or french). The page only has rules and regulations related to the passport. I wanted to know if I have to get it translated?
Same for me. I did not get it translated and I had no issue. My status was changed to decision made next day. If you want to be extra careful then you can get it translated but as per my understanding not required as they are more interested in entry/exit stamps and visas so check your physical presence eligibility.

Reactions: harirajmohan

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi Guys, I just passed my test yesterday and today i received email to submit passport pages.

Do you know how long it takes after that for appointment for oath ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys, I just passed my test yesterday and today i received email to submit passport pages.

There's no standard timeline. The next step is your application to go to "Decision made" status on ECAS. After that, you're in line for oath. Assume it'll take a couple of months to avoid disappointment.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Seems your officer is super fast. send it quick while he/she is awake and doing work.
Whats your timeline and location?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
At work. So will send tomm. I have some Greek stamps which are also in English. But not sure if i have to translate.

apr 2020 applicant. Was requested fingerprints in march. Dont know why the delay. My time line is almost similar to sept/oct applicants.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Also if someone could help me, The request email for passport pages says , do not change subject line. But attachment describes to change it to last name and file number.

so could someone please help with this out?

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I used Docsbase - Certified translation .

Translate ALL stamps/visas on the passport that are not in English or French.
Hi
I got my passport stamps translated and wanted to reply to the email but have a few questions before I reply to the request for passport email
1. In the email body it states "Please read the attached request carefully and make sure to follow the instructions given to respond to this email. Please DO NOT CHANGE the subject line." but then its contradicted in the pdf attachment that has instructions to follow for scanned copies of travel documents to send, it says "In your email of reply, change the subject line to your application number and your last name" - can anybody tell me should we change the reply email subject line or retain or append application number & last name ?
2. They have asked to provide "scanned copies or photos of all your passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required". Now I would like to know if PR Card is also a travel document and if we need to include it in the reply along with passport ?
(I read this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-canadian-pr-card-a-travel-document.524526/ but I think there's still ambiguity if Permanent Resident (PR) card is a travel document. Can someone or @rajkamalmohanram (since you already have sent the reply) please clarify this if you have already replied?

I appreciate it. Thanks in advance