Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Thank you to everyone who answered me even in this holiday, and Happy New Year to all of you.

waitingsince2004 said:
Did you send your marriage certificate or Certificate of solemnization of marriage along with the application of your visa extension?? If not You Must send one of these for your extenuation of stay. I am sure you would get it without any problem. in yor covering letter you may also include that you are going to apply for PR under family class in Canada. and No need to hire any Immigration lawyer or consultant. you need not to be a rocket scientist to apply your extension. ;D

Good Luck.............. ;D
there is no problem to make another asking of extension, BUT Im not sure how much time this can take (I already got all this problem because of the last extension i asked and no answer), if i dont move from here, waiting for the answer, they will think i try to stay here and blabla, worst things can happen, at this point im afraid.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
there is no guarantee they will approve an extension. They sure didnt in my case. She needs proper legal advice !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She doesn't qualify to apply for another extension now. Her application for an extension was refused and she's currently out of status. You can't apply for an extension if you have no status in Canada. To apply for an extension, you must have valid status in Canada.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
You arrived in Canada 3 months ago for only a two week stay??? Please, clarify dates. You may qualify for restoration of status. Your extension was likely rejected because you were already out of status.

When you crossed the border, did they tell you that you could only stay for two weeks?
When did you arrive in Canada?

You have 90 days to restore your status from the day you lost your legal status. When did you lose legal status in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
annabruce said:
You have 90 days to restore your status from the day you lost your legal status. When did you lose legal status in Canada?
She officially lost legal status in Canada a few days ago (yesterday?) when she received the refusal to her visit visa extension and was told to leave the country.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
scylla said:
She officially lost legal status in Canada a few days ago (yesterday?) when she received the refusal to her visit visa extension and was told to leave the country.
Maybe. That has never been really clear in my mind.

If she applied for an extension of status AFTER her two week deadline, she was already out of status at that time. In that case, the 90 day clock starts on the day her 2 week allowed stay ended. If she applied for her extension within that two week time frame, she was on implied status until a decision was made on her extension application.

I have received conflicting information from several experts on this site about when the 90 day clock actually starts. Some believe it is 90 days from the end of the original legal status end date. Some believe it is 90 days after the rejection letter.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
if she received 'exclusion order' then she has 30 days to leave Canada. My concern, Chile is very far away and expensive to travel to. What will happen if they say 'not genuine' ? Her case is similar to mine. Im in the hole $30,000.00 and still waiting for my partner.

She MUST speak to a professional who can explain her options ! Sure wish I knew back then what I know now !

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
annabruce said:
You arrived in Canada 3 months ago for only a two week stay??? Please, clarify dates. You may qualify for restoration of status. Your extension was likely rejected because you were already out of status.

When you crossed the border, did they tell you that you could only stay for two weeks?
When did you arrive in Canada?

I DID NOT RECIEVED answer, no reject, no acceptation, so they take the money and no answer at all during 3 months. My visa finished on september 30, I asked my extension before my visa expires, even if its was only 2 weeks, thinking they will say hey you need to pay 200 dollars more for give an answer out of your visa (like they said on the official website) and btw i made it by internet when suppose is a more faster process, and of course I wait my answer at least for rejection during this time, but nothing at all absolutely no answer.

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
gsize said:
if she received 'exclusion order' then she has 30 days to leave Canada. My concern, Chile is very far away and expensive to travel to. What will happen if they say 'not genuine' ? Her case is similar to mine. Im in the hole $30,000.00 and still waiting for my partner.

She MUST speak to a professional who can explain her options ! Sure wish I knew back then what I know now !
What means Not Genuine?

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
miuyeah said:
What means Not Genuine?
I dont wish to give you negative thoughts but its best you know all your options. Just because you are married does not mean they will believe its for real (MOC-marriage of convenience) There has been so much fraud over the years ie: people getting 'married', now many good people pay the price.

Im not saying they WILL REJECT you. Im saying its a possibility and all the more reasons why I say you must speak with Immigration Lawyer. Some of the vo (visa officer) are very fair and some are nasty !

gie2205

Dec 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
Meds req sent in Oct with AIP and OWP(OWP filed in Aug)
Med's Done....
last week of November appeared on E-Cas in Dec.
Interview........
may not be required
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hello,
My partner is on an inland pr application and she applied for a an extension 1 week before her visitors record expired. We didn't know that she had to apply for it 30 days before its expiry. We only learned about it when we crossed the border. Anyhow, we received a letter that the application for an extension was denied and she had to leave. What it said on the letter though that she can apply for a restoration of status within 90 days. She did apply for a restoration of status and got approved as she has an AIP now with a work permit. Did it say that you can apply for a restoration of status in the letter that you received? By the way, did you apply for an extension or a restoration? It's not clear because you said that you paid $200 which is the restoration fee while it only costs $75 for an extension.

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
gie2205 said:
Hello,
My partner is on an inland pr application and she applied for a an extension 1 week before her visitors record expired. We didn't know that she had to apply for it 30 days before its expiry. We only learned about it when we crossed the border. Anyhow, we received a letter that the application for an extension was denied and she had to leave. What it said on the letter though that she can apply for a restoration of status within 90 days. She did apply for a restoration of status and got approved as she has an AIP now with a work permit. Did it say that you can apply for a restoration of status in the letter that you received? By the way, did you apply for an extension or a restoration? It's not clear because you said that you paid $200 which is the restoration fee while it only costs $75 for an extension.
No, i didnt paid 200 dollars, i paid the normal price 75 dollars, sorry if im not enough clear to explain all this. About my extension, i didnt recieved any answer, and in the letter to leave that i recieved, they dont mention nothing about my extension, they say nothing at all on this letter. Only it says that i have to leave until 31, of course i recieved that letter on the same 31, so no chance to leave until i get money for the ticket.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miuyeah said:
No, i didnt paid 200 dollars, i paid the normal price 75 dollars, sorry if im not enough clear to explain all this. About my extension, i didnt recieved any answer, and in the letter to leave that i recieved, they dont mention nothing about my extension, they say nothing at all on this letter. Only it says that i have to leave until 31, of course i recieved that letter on the same 31, so no chance to leave until i get money for the ticket.
if u applied for extension before or visa expired and have not received a decision on the extension I would think that you should still have implied status. Maybe its a mistake on there part or maybe the letter got lost in the mail. Did you call CIC to clarify any of this? I'm not an expert but from what I have read in your post this is the only thing that makes sense to me unless I am missing something? Anyway I hope everything works out for you.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Very sad to hear this.

But one thing I don't understand is that how become the immigration officer give you the visa at border without any Return ticket ? normally on visit visa you are suppose to have a return ticket. So you came just with one way ticket ? really strange.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
pardesifr said:
Very sad to hear this.

But one thing I don't understand is that how become the immigration officer give you the visa at border without any Return ticket ? normally on visit visa you are suppose to have a return ticket. So you came just with one way ticket ? really strange.
To buy and show a ticket doesn't mean it will be used...
For some reason sometimes one way tickets are more expensive than buying both a go and return ticket. So for visa exempt country it is not lying not to use it later on if you decide to stay longer as technically you can stay 6 months as a visitor. It becomes tricky of course if you show a return ticket to the border agent and you get a leaving date stamp for it in your passport if you come from a limited visa country ...