Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
Franzi said:
Unfortunately, this was not the case for me. You don't automatically get a 12 months extension. I changed my status from working to visitor and got 6 months (married but no application sent at this point), and then when I extended it I got another 6 months (married and application sent at this point).

Just wanted to share my experience!
Thank you for sharing the experience!

sommer

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
ZebraJCH said:
EDIT: THE BELOW ONLY APPLIES TO IN-LAND.

This is what tuyen told me in another thread, if anyone feels like this helps them or feels like disputing this then feel free as I'm sure he'll pop in to clarify things a bit more. I also may be posting this within the wrong context but it was told to me under the context of me being a US citizen immigrating to Canada being sponsored by my husband.

I just feel that it is strange hearing about all of these extensions during the process when according to this you shouldn't really need them due to implied status and how it was explained above.

If this is wrong or under the wrong context, sorry. If it is helpful, thank him.
This is interesting subject. As I have written on my previous post, I had made twice visitor extensions during my inland PR. I had to do another one last March. I sent my application on late February 2013 since my previous visa would expired on 31 March 2013. I haven not got any news about my extension until late of March so I decided to give them a call. They said they have received my application and are working on it and I should not be worry of not having a valid visa in hand after the expiry date, they told me I am on what so called IMPLIED STATUS FOR VISA EXTENSION.
I Also told them that I am on inland PR process, and I asked if I really need to extend my visa per year till I get PR, and they said I do. Visitor visa and PR is 2 different matters and they told me (again) that I hold my own responsible to have a staying permit during my waiting for PR, either work permit, study permit or visitor visa.

From my view of understanding (especially after 3 times applied for visa extensions), ON MY CASE (inland PR under family sponsorship and not applying open work permit at the same time), I have to provide myself with a staying permit during my PR in process. If I am not supposed to do so, they would have told me. Wouldn't they? ;)

It would be much appreciated if anybody can explain more about IMPLIED STATUS ON INLAND PR, is it perhaps after your PR entered certain stage (AIP, DM)?

Thanx and happy Spring everybody!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
What I understand, not being very experienced with inland process, is that the inland PR application alone does not give you implied status. You will have to apply PR and OWP together in order to receive implied status.

In order to receive an implied status, your current status must be still valid. If your application is returned, maybe due to missing documents, and if you send the new package after your status has expired, you won't receive implied status. You have to apply restoration first.

If the current status is not extendable, e.g. some working holiday visa, PGWP, the inland PR and OWP applications do not extend the work permit, you would have implied status as a visitor but you need to stop working once the work permit expires.