05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
miuyeah said:
No, i didnt paid 200 dollars, i paid the normal price 75 dollars, sorry if im not enough clear to explain all this. About my extension, i didnt recieved any answer, and in the letter to leave that i recieved, they dont mention nothing about my extension, they say nothing at all on this letter. Only it says that i have to leave until 31, of course i recieved that letter on the same 31, so no chance to leave until i get money for the ticket.
As soon as you get enough money, LEAVE. Not being rude, but they obviously know you are here illegally and you must go home until you can come here and be legal. Your PR application will have to be switched to outland and you better make sure you have a VERY strong case that your marriage is genuine (meaning, it's real) because with this letter in their systems now, you will be scrutinized more than the average case.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
vinlander said:
To buy and show a ticket doesn't mean it will be used...
For some reason sometimes one way tickets are more expensive than buying both a go and return ticket. So for visa exempt country it is not lying not to use it later on if you decide to stay longer as technically you can stay 6 months as a visitor. It becomes tricky of course if you show a return ticket to the border agent and you get a leaving date stamp for it in your passport if you come from a limited visa country ...
But she had only 2 weeks of visa and no return tickets isn't this strange that immigration officer didn't noticed it ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
pardesifr said:
But she had only 2 weeks of visa and no return tickets isn't this strange that immigration officer didn't noticed it ?
I don't see where she said she never had a return ticket.

I agree- getting legal advice is the best idea. Ask for a free consultation. Depending on what needs to be done, you can hire the lawyer or do it yourself

In my experience, the order to leave is the rejection letter.

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
miuyeah said:
BTW anyone knows how many days I can stay here before to leave? the last chance day they gave me was for today, but is too late, at least I will have to wait 1 week for having enough money for my ticket. I dont want things goes worst as a deportation...
Hello, compatriota

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The thing is, it is not a lie you can stay in Canada if you're applying for a PR, but you don't meet the requirements ::)

Here it's how it works.

You get in Canada, and you apply for PR BEFORE your visa expires. If you do so, you can stay in an implied status. If you don't apply before your visa expires, you have a maximum of 90 days to leave the country. If you haven't gotten an answer for a visa extension, then you still don't have a permit to stay in the country.
You could have applied during those 90 days and paid a fine (which gives you a restoration of status under which you can apply) above the normal PR cost, but the problem is you have already overstayed those 90 days. Right now you're in danger of being deported, and that won't be good for your PR application :(

That's all I can explain about the process. The problem here is you haven't applied for PR yet, and you have gotten a letter to leave the country which you haven't complied to. I'm not sure you can stay in the country and have a lawyer fix this for you (law is against you), or if submitting proof that you applied for an extension will help, since you have to apply for an extension 30 days before it expires and you only had two ???

I'm not an expert, but I would come back to Chile and try to solve this from here. It means you'll probably have to apply Outland, which in our VO takes 15 months. You'll have to 1) supply enough proof to convince the officer that your relationship is genuine (that you didn't marry your husband only in order to stay in Canada), 2) explain why you overstayed, and 3) hope they don't think you misrepresented yourself when you entered Canada (unless you did tell the officer at the border that you intended to marry during those 2 weeks).

Hopefully this will make your scenario a little clearer. Wish you luck in trying to solve this!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
The fact that you were given only 2 weeks to stay at the entry, CIC was already somewhat suspicious (maybe the return ticket of 2 weeks after the arrival was presented?) about your intention (or the officer was in very bad mood). The reason that you have no money to purchase the ticket to go home has no weight for consideration. If you do not leave, you will be likely deported. Then things will be more complicated when you apply for PR later. If you did not tell the officer your intention (get married and apply for PR) at the boarder, it is already negative facts. Avoid being deported. I wish you luck!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
She had extended her visa online before her tourist visa was expired.... but she didn't explain it if she had sent inland applications or not... I guess she hasn't sent it yet.....because the marriage certificate takes about 1 month to process it....
When the first time I came to Canada , the CBSA officer asked me to go to 1 checking room....in that room , other CBSA officer asked me to open my luggages and she checked all my documents, clothes , presents for my wife and children. She checked my return airline ticket and I told her that I would return to my country . I returned to my country after visited my wife and children because I Never want to lie to CBSA officer and also I had a job in my country.... I want my country is good record in CBSA so other people from my country will not get any troubles if they want to visit Canada....
To Miuyeah : If I were you , I will report to CBSA in the airport to explain to CBSA officer that I need time to buy airline ticket...I will explain to the officer about my situation... So when I apply outland , hopefully CIC / VO will accept explanation about my situation when I was in Canada.... Your husband is Canadian citizen , he suppose to know better than you....
Wish you good luck....

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
sunsun said:
She had extended her visa online before her tourist visa was expired.... but she didn't explain it if she had sent inland applications or not... I guess she hasn't sent it yet.....because the marriage certificate takes about 1 month to process it....
Apparently she has not. She had been in process of filling the forms when she received rejection letter.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
My visa finished on september 30, I asked my extension before my visa expires, even if its was only 2 weeks,

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
We are in process to fill the forms and get all the papers they ask for submit the application for Resident Permanent
She had explained that she was going to sent her applications for PR

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
oopsss....I think she didn't mention extended tourist visa online or by mail.... Sorry

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Her issue makes me nervous because I haven't got any news from CIC about my extend visa.... :'(

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sunsun said:
Her issue makes me nervous because I haven't got any news from CIC about my extend visa.... :'(
I haven't either. Don't despair :)

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
kyc221 said:
Here it's how it works.

You get in Canada, and you apply for PR BEFORE your visa expires. If you do so, you can stay in an implied status. If you don't apply before your visa expires, you have a maximum of 90 days to leave the country. If you haven't gotten an answer for a visa extension, then you still don't have a permit to stay in the country.
You could have applied during those 90 days and paid a fine (which gives you a restoration of status under which you can apply) above the normal PR cost, but the problem is you have already overstayed those 90 days. Right now you're in danger of being deported, and that won't be good for your PR application :(
This isnt what it sais on the CIC wesbite.

It says

"Maintaining legal status
Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply."

So you may be rigt. But if you are, then the CIC website is extremely misleading.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
be positive guys....I know its difficult. Eventually, most of us will be here in Canada with our loved ones ! Yes, there are many bumps in the road.....it requires patience. Now that I stated the above, my partner will be processed in Feb (according to my MP) the question is : should I stop the antidepressents now that I am feeling more positive or wait in case I have more of an nightmare (I hate those meds but they saved my life) :D

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
steerpike said:
This isnt what it sais on the CIC wesbite.

It says

"Maintaining legal status
Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply."

So you may be rigt. But if you are, then the CIC website is extremely misleading.
It is indeed misleading because CIC agents tell all the time how important to maintain legal status to stay in the country, maybe not to "apply" for PR but to stay in Canada during the process it seems so...
Here is an answer on that topic a poster got from CIC
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t90875.0.html;msg1908737#msg1908737