+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I sent it my express courier.. they will recieve it tomorrow and she will sign and send back tomorrow. She said as it is new project they do not have back logs so it will be quick
Wow thats very fast. Where is my CoPR? Hope its not lost on its way and crying in the dark.

jaimie

Dec 11, 2017
I just finished the phone call with CIC agent. I asked for booking physical appointment at local Vancouver visa office. Officer said he can definitely proceed it and of course I need to keep this CoPR for in person appointment. Also, he congrats me being a PR and confirmed my application is verified and approved, basically all finished. But! last step will take more time to complete, he mentioned that I will get back from local Vancouver visa office for physical appointment within 3 WEEKS. hmm and I double checked "you mean in January?" yes.. I hope Vancouver visa office contact me asap.

There are several answers are I'v got:

1. Should I keep this CoPR? -- Yes! for sure Yes.! (eventho my telephone landing lady said I need to send it back) I need it when I do physical landing!
2. If rescheduled telephone interview is coming before physical appointment, what should I do? -- No more telephone landing will contact you for RESCHEDULING.
3. What else I need to prepare for physical landing? -- Passport, CoPR, Pictures, Proved current status in Canada like work permit so on.
4. When will local visa office contact me? -- within 3 weeks, because of holiday and high volume of those who are in same situation with me.

Now, I am waiting for Vancouver Local Visa Office to contact me. Hope soon!!

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Maybe different candidates have different notes in regards to the process on their files I dnno. When I called them yesterday and spoke to the agent about my interview this morning, she told me that it's ok to NOT have my CoPR at the time of my telephone interview and that I should just go through the interview and follow the direction of the agent going forward.
Maybe I could ask my officer tmrw if he or she could still proceed the interview without my CoPR in hands?

tmpres

Dec 12, 2017
I just finished the phone call with CIC agent. I asked for booking physical appointment at local Vancouver visa office. Officer said he can definitely proceed it and of course I need to keep this CoPR for in person appointment. Also, he congrats me being a PR and confirmed my application is verified and approved, basically all finished. But! last step will take more time to complete, he mentioned that I will get back from local Vancouver visa office for physical appointment within 3 WEEKS. hmm and I double checked "you mean in January?" yes.. I hope Vancouver visa office contact me asap.

1. Should I keep this CoPR? -- Yes! for sure Yes.! (eventho my telephone landing lady said I need to send it back) I need it when I do physical landing!
2. If rescheduled telephone interview is coming before physical appointment, what should I do? -- No more telephone landing will contact you for RESCHEDULING.
3. What else I need to prepare for physical landing? -- Passport, CoPR, Pictures, Proved current status in Canada like work permit so on.
4. When will local visa office contact me? -- within 3 weeks, because of holiday and high volume of those who are in same situation with me.

Congrats! Looks like if we were asked to keep the COPR, it's a better option.

Reactions: TempResident

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

Thanks for sharing here jaimie. Cannot reschedule telephone landing? :(

sv100

Dec 5, 2017

Congrats! I am in Vancouver too. My appointment was requested this morning and I got the email with a confirmed appointment time this afternoon. It is in 8 days so I think you will be seen before January too hopefully. :)

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
My interview is on Dec 15th.

I just came back home from work and saw a brown envelop shinning in my letter box. I got super excited and quivkly pulled it out...

I turned the letter around and it was f**king RBC. LOL -_-

Hopefully let Copr comes tomorrow. Congrats to all who got their PR.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Given that it seems the only field we will be updating on the CoPR is the last port of entry location/date, can't we *PRETEND* that we have the CoPR with us, write down whatever instructions the agent tell us over the phone, wait for the CoPR after the call, and then update it and send it back?

Wouldn't this be the best since everyone is only a day or two late with receiving their CoPR?

jaimie

Dec 11, 2017
Congrats! I am in Vancouver too. My appointment was requested this morning and I got the email with a confirmed appointment time this afternoon. It is in 8 days so I think you will be seen before January too hopefully. :)
Did your CIC officer also say local officer will contact you within 3 weeks? and actually they contacted you right after the day? If it is, I have hope!

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
Did your CIC officer also say local officer will contact you within 3 weeks? and actually they contacted you right after the day? If it is, I have hope!
Yes they said they would contact me within "three weeks" but it can vary depending on the visa office. So I suppose Vancouver is not too busy!

Vishvish

Oct 18, 2017
Is this email legit or it is a fraud ?

The email is from DN PR Interview / Entrevue RP RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNPRInterview-EntrevueRPRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear applicant,

You have been selected for the opportunity to complete your permanent resident (PR) application via telephone.

Your telephone landing is scheduled for xxxxx date. If this is acceptable to you please respond to this email to confirm your availability within 48 hours. If you choose not to complete a telephone landing, please schedule your in person landing via the call centre – 1-888-242-2100 .

Complete the information in the box below.
NAME:
UCI:
APPLICATION #:
ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE #:
Confirmation of Permanent Residence in your possession?
Yes OR No
LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:

English OR French:

**During your landing timeslot, please ensure you have a quiet space, your Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR) document, and a black pen.

**If there is more than one person landing in your family and they are physically located in Canada please ensure they are present for the telephone landing.

** Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada. Please note Permanent Resident Card processing time is currently 61 days from the date the signed CoPR is received by IRCC. Please ensure the timeframe set out above will not disrupt any upcoming travel plans.

If you receive this invitation but have already scheduled your landing with IRCC, please disregard this email. Please note if you are currently outside of Canada, this option for landing is not available.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
It is a CIC pilot for inland and it is legit. I spoke to the agents and they did confirm this.

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
Good news for me today, too. :)

CoPR arrived today and my phone interview is scheduled for tomorrow.

Here is timeline:
Email for Express Landing and phone interview received on Dec 6th, I replayed same date.
Mail is dispatched on Dec 8th
Mail received today, Dec 13th
Interview scheduled for Dec 14th (between 12.30pm to 3.30pm EST)

I live in Toronto area, letter was sent from IRCC Montreal.