+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Yes so I received the first call shortly after 9:30 AM British Columbia Time and I didn't have my CoPR. I asked for some more time and the agent said ok he will call me back in 2 hours.

My rep and I went to the mailbox and checked because the mail always arrives around 10:30 AM; sadly it still hadn't arrived.

The agent called back just now and he apologized for the inconvenience, however, he said he is going to email Montreal right away and advise them that I am yet to receive my CoPR and hope they will just reschedule my interview for me. Also he said I should just hold on to my CoPRs when I receive them.

He says this has been happening to a lot of people in British Columbia also. So Again i'm in the waiting game...
That's so great to hear :D Even you haven't received yours yet, your officer was is VERY helpful to get things done!!! :D:D:D

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
Okay here's my experience.

8.30-11.30am EST: scheduled phone call, doesn't not arrive
11.30am-12.15 EST: I called CIC to find out info. She said sorry it's a pilot and didn't know why nobody called. Her advice:
  • Respond to the original email again and see if they reschedule something/call later
  • In the meantime she put in a request for a physical appointment at the local Vancouver visa office.
  • If the phone call happens to occur before then, I should call up and cancel the office appointment.
  • The COPR is valid for either option. She did not advise me to return it.
12.30pm EST: Canada immigration call me. This is my interview one hour late!!! She said there was a mixup with time zones and she didn't want to wake me up at 5.30am. I told her I have been waiting by the phone for four hours in the dark :(. Since my spouse had to leave for work she could not conduct the landing without him so suggested keeping the physical appointment.

Extremely annoying but at least I know it is real and we are confirmed now. Also hopefully this helps others who have been misinformed about returning their COPRs that did not arrive on time.

Phew!
Amazing, Vancouver got back to me already. Scheduled appointment for 21 December at Vancouver visa office. Much prefer going into a physical appointment than waiting around for a phone call!

It seems they've adjusted their earlier policy of telling people to send back COPRs which is great news for all.

Edit to add: The letter they attached with my appointment details says "Alternatively, you may have this process completed at a land border."

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Amazing, Vancouver got back to me already. Scheduled appointment for 21 December at Vancouver visa office. Much prefer going into a physical appointment than waiting around for a phone call!

It seems they've adjusted their earlier policy of telling people to send back COPRs which is great news for all.

Edit to add: The letter they attached with my appointment details says "Alternatively, you may have this process completed at a land border."
I hope I get a rescheduled appointment too. I STILL haven't received my CoPRs in the mail ugh. But the agent that called told me to keep them when they arrive and not send them back, which is great.

Apparently, it's been happening to a lot of people in BC

jshenry14

Aug 30, 2017
Iam with you. CopR Sent on 7th
Live in Toronto (North York)
I am with you guys too. Live in GTA (Mississauga).

Just wondering are they going to send COPR to the address that I indicated in email? (this new mailing address is different from the one i put in application, more reachable)

Reactions: BlueP

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
I hope I get a rescheduled appointment too. I STILL haven't received my CoPRs in the mail ugh. But the agent that called told me to keep them when they arrive and not send them back, which is great.

Apparently, it's been happening to a lot of people in BC
Yes I think you can rest easy now that more options other than the telephone landing are opening up. :)
The lady who phoned me late also mentioned something about having lots of BC people to catch up to.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I am with you guys too. Live in GTA (Mississauga).

Just wondering are they going to send COPR to the address that I indicated in email? (this new mailing address is different from the one i put in application, more reachable)
it is supposed to be the one mentioned in your reply. when did you respond?

jaimie

Dec 11, 2017
I just got my CoPR with brown government envelope by nomal mail. My telephone interview was scheduled on 11th (2days ago), of course it failed to complete without CoPR in my hands. Now All I can do is just waiting for someone else who contact me in the future for further instructions? Ahhhhh at least officer said “it won’t be too long for second contact”. Hmm...

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
I just got my CoPR with brown government envelope by nomal mail. My telephone interview was scheduled on 11th (2days ago), of course it fail outed to complete without CoPR in my hands. Now All I can do is just waiting for someone else who contact me in the future for further instructions? Ahhhhh at least officer said “it won’t be too long for second contact”. Hmm...
I would call CIC to get an in person appointment arranged (proven experience of this) or respond again to the email and hope that they will schedule a phone call (don't think this is has been confirmed by anyone yet).

tmpres

Dec 12, 2017
Unfortunately we haven't received our COPR yet, it should arrive within the next couple of days, they recommended we call back when we receive our COPR. We can either organise an in office interview, a telephone call or we can leave Canada and come back and do it the traditional way.
That's great to hear. I guess the number they asked you to call is IRCC?

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Guys ! Great news for me now. My CoRP has finally arrived today. I'm ready for the telephone landing tomorrow, Dec 14th.

Here is my timeline,

Express Landing Emailed Received on DEC 6th (confirmed availability right away)
No further communication from IRCC.
Envelop is a brown CIC letterheaded and had my name handwritten on it. Dispatched on DEC 7th
Envelop received today, DEC 13th
Scheduled Interview DEC 14th (between 8.30am to 11.30am EST) so since I live in Vancouver, that's 5.30 am to 7.30 am

I'll keep you guys posted tomorrow.