+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Ok. so I just had my telephone landing call, please be patient if you have not had your call yet, it's their second day of this process and they are still working out a few bumps.

The call is largely to validate the information in the CoPR with you and to get you to tell them if anything has changed since the application was originally created. They will talk you through the signing process and completion of the from ready for sending. Please ensure that everyone who is landing with the main applicant in present on the call, they will want to verify this by speaking to them briefly.

Once the call is complete you will receive an email from the case worker (within 48hours)) with details of where to send the CoPR document. Once they receive the document, they will review it and counter-sign it, at this point (all being well) they will issue the PR cards. Current time for receipt of PR cards is approximately 2 months from what I understand.

I think that's all the information i have on the process, I'll update if and when I know more. Best of luck to everyone.
@remotedeveloper good news buddy...keep us updated...this new process is very intriguing but slowly the suspense is being unfolded.

Reactions: Tomi2

Mdsalman

May 23, 2017
Hi everyone, I also received a phone call from Manitoba which showed on my phone. She called my name and said that she is calling me to book an appointment for telephonic interview with immigration officer for landing. She wanted to transfer the call to officer but as I was not ready with COPR with me at that moment, so she booked me for tomorrow morning . I called CIC immediately after the call and confirmed that it was legit . The call centre agent also said they received a message to all the staff today morning about this new service. So no need to worry. As said my other member it just started so people are not aware of this. Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: Tomi2

Mdsalman

May 23, 2017
Hello, I'm from Kitchener, Ontario and I got a call today from a Winnipeg number (that's what the iPhone is showing) to tell me a similar thing. The lady asked if I want to go for Landing via Phone which is a pilot program. She had all my personal details and even offered/shared some to prove her authenticity. I had to tell her my UCI to confirm the interview on Friday. I'm not sure if that was a mistake. I tried by couldn't reach CIC call center person today. I'll try again tomorrow. As per her the dates are available until December 15. Slots are 8.30 to 11.30 and 1-4 CST. I called CIC on last Thursday to schedule my PR landing at an Inland Immigration office. I didn't get the call from Inland Office yet. Please share if anyone else have similar experiences and is able to reach CIC call center.
Hi @avishek_Chakraborty, have you received the call from +12042597542? I received the call from this no. today morning as well.

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
I had my telephonic landing done today in the morning, now next step they told me is that i will get all the details in email on how and where to send COPR. My wife has not done her telephonic landing because she is going to india and returning back in mid december so she will do her landing at airport but she being an accompanying member i need to have my landing done before she does her landing at airport and i am not sure how much time this telephonic landing process will take.

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
What about depndents who are landing from a diff country ? Shud they wait for a signed copr to come bak?

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Absolutely scam. Because when the time of landing, visa officer , you must sign on confirmation of PR documents and officer will check your photo. Then visa officer apply for PR card.
my bad I gave a wrong info before.

actually, telephonic landing is legit. today my friend got same email and a call from cic.

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
Hey guys!
Just keep you updated- I received email yesterday with address where to I need to send my and my family COPRs.
Address is in Saskatoon, so that kind of weird to send my documents from Toronto all over to Saskatchewan:)
Also this email do not contain any other valuable details on how to send this documents, no additional info on should we include return envelope etc.

Also I have a question: if I find additional mistakes in my COPR after the telephone landing interview(we identify few in process of interview) - should cross it out by myself put correct info and my initials? I was told to do so when I identify mistakes in process of interview, but I am not sure I can do it right now before sending COPRs to them.Any ideas or suggestions?

Anirban.C

Nov 23, 2017
Hi all,

My wife and I are residents of Calgary. We received our CoPR documents yesterday and also received the email from IRCC regarding scheduling a telephone interview on the same day. Thanks to the suggestions in this forum, I called the IRCC helpline today morning and confirmed that it is a legitimate email sent from IRCC. The agent assured me to respond to the email and confirm the interview, which I did. Within a few minutes, I received another quick email from an IRCC program assistant confirming my telephone interview on November 27th. Once I go through the interview, I will share my experience.

Below is the information IRCC requested in the email which is slightly different from the first post in this thread, I was not asked to provide the UCI number.

First name
Last name
Application number
Address
Telephone number in Canada
Do you already have a CoPR? Yes/No
Language preference: English/French

shrey16

Jul 15, 2016
is it compulsory to do the landing via telephone if you get the mail???. because i live right next to the border. so border crossing would be much easier for me.

Anirban.C

Nov 23, 2017
The invitation email for me stated "If you are not interested at this time, please disregard this email. Schedule your in-person interview by following the initial instructions provided with your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR)." So from the wording it seems like the telephone interview is an optional choice, not compulsory at all.
In addition, when I called the IRCC helpline, the agent told me that the telephone interview is a new pilot scheme to help expedite the landing processes for new PRs residing far from the border. Your situation is exactly the opposite, so you should not worry about doing it via telephone :)

Utsi_456

Jul 26, 2017
@Anirban.C Hello I got email today about telephonic landing. I called CRC just couple of minutes ago, They said legitimate. Now I wondered If i proceed that way, should I able to go USA within 30 days while not having PR Card but just Single Entry Visa. ??