+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

Anirban.C

Nov 23, 2017
@Utsi_456 , I confirmed the telephone interview only because I am not traveling anywhere in the near future. For your case, I would call CRC again and ask them this question!

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
I did my telephonic landing yesterday but a week before to that I called IRCC to set up an appointment for inland landing at Kitchener office. Today i got an email and they scheduled my interview for next week. So instead of sending COPR to Saskatchewan, can i go and do my landing at kitchener office ?

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
I got a call for "Telephone landing" yesterday. They scheduled me for Nov 28th since I didn't have my CORP with me.
Do I have to send both copies of CORP by mail or just their copy? Does it have to be thru XPRESSPOST again? :eek:

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
I got a call for "Telephone landing" yesterday. They scheduled me for Nov 28th since I didn't have my CORP with me.
Do I have to send both copies of CORP by mail or just their copy? Does it have to be thru XPRESSPOST again? :eek:
I think you will need to send original one for sure.
I am going to use XPRESsPOST and I am going to put return envelope with tracking as well. Just in case to be safe.

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
Does anyone was correcting mistakes in their CORP with black pen during telephone landing interview?
Should I update last entry date, it was after I submitted PR application in June 2017, so I understand why their info is not updated. Do you think I need to correct it too?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Nice initiative. But it is bit wierd that they still make people who are in Canada to land again.

Once PR application is approved, US just adjusts the status of inland people from non immigrant to immigrant and directly sends the green card home.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
This is a most bizarre initiative if it is real, since according to IRCC themselves, they would NEVER send such an email and that you should report it as a scam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1205&top=31

Personally, I would report it as a scam. If enough people do that and it turns out to be legit, then the lamebrains behind this "pilot" would be forced to fix it to (a) comply with IRCC poilcy, and (b) provide information to the public.

Last edited:
Reactions: demand510

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
Hi

After telephonic interview, do we consider automatically as PR ? What is our status after we are done with telephonic interview. or after interview when we sent them COPR and when they will send us back, we will be PR?? can anyone has exact information?/

I did my telephonic landing yesterday but a week before to that I called IRCC to set up an appointment for inland landing at Kitchener office. Today i got an email and they scheduled my interview for next week. So instead of sending COPR to Saskatchewan, can i go and do my landing at kitchener office ?

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
Hi

After telephonic interview, do we consider automatically as PR ? What is our status after we are done with telephonic interview. or after interview when we sent them COPR and when they will send us back, we will be PR?? can anyone has exact information?/
I was told during my telephone interview that I should send COPRs to the address they provided in email. After they sign my COPR and mark it in their system I would be registered as a PR

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
How much time it will take to get copr signed and to come back?/

I was told during my telephone interview that I should send COPRs to the address they provided in email. After they sign my COPR and mark it in their system I would be registered as a PR

Last edited:

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
I had my telephonic landing done today in the morning, now next step they told me is that i will get all the details in email on how and where to send COPR. My wife has not done her telephonic landing because she is going to india and returning back in mid december so she will do her landing at airport but she being an accompanying member i need to have my landing done before she does her landing at airport and i am not sure how much time this telephonic landing process will take.
did u send copr?? did u get any informaiton how much time it will take to get it back?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Is this email legit or it is a fraud ?

The email is from DN PR Interview / Entrevue RP RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNPRInterview-EntrevueRPRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear applicant,

You have been selected for the opportunity to complete your permanent resident (PR) application via telephone.

Your telephone landing is scheduled for xxxxx date. If this is acceptable to you please respond to this email to confirm your availability within 48 hours. If you choose not to complete a telephone landing, please schedule your in person landing via the call centre – 1-888-242-2100 .

Complete the information in the box below.
NAME:
UCI:
APPLICATION #:
ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE #:
Confirmation of Permanent Residence in your possession?
Yes OR No
LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:

English OR French:

**During your landing timeslot, please ensure you have a quiet space, your Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR) document, and a black pen.

**If there is more than one person landing in your family and they are physically located in Canada please ensure they are present for the telephone landing.

** Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada. Please note Permanent Resident Card processing time is currently 61 days from the date the signed CoPR is received by IRCC. Please ensure the timeframe set out above will not disrupt any upcoming travel plans.

If you receive this invitation but have already scheduled your landing with IRCC, please disregard this email. Please note if you are currently outside of Canada, this option for landing is not available.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
just call 1 888 242 2100.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I too received the same email yesterday. I have to say that appears to be legit and the timing perfect given recent events and communications with the CIC. We appear to be one of several people who have been invited to use this process, I'm hoping that it is a new pilot but will verify it with them first thing Monday. Is it really beyond possibilities that following the telephone interview, we sign and return the COPR and when they receive it they process it and send out the PR cards?

If I reply to the email the email will go directly to ircc.dnprinterview-entrevuerprn.ircc@cic.gc.ca this doesn't look like a scam email address so not sure what value there would be from it being a scam.

If anyone else can shed light on this I'd very much appreciate it, thanks in advance : )
just call 1 888 242 2100.