+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
@avishek_Chakraborty if the lady at the other end had all your details then it looks like licit. But it will be wise to call the call centre just for self-satisfaction. I did that and everything was clear. We all received the email but most probably again my assumption, not a many people are opting for it as everything is so confusing and a fear factor of being scammed is also hovering around. So IRCC started calling the applicants to reach the goals it set for itself. As already described here this landing via phone is a pilot project. So nothing to worry about and just try to contact the call centre.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I can't believe that they would send out an email requesting people reply with their confidential information. That is just not sensible.

And I don't understand how IRCC is going to do this. The COPR needs to be signed by a CBSA/IRCC officer to be validated; will it be mailed back to the VO after the telephone call and then back to the applicant again? That could take weeks or longer. What does the applicant do in that time if they need their proof of PR?

It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Reactions: jes_ON

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
I live in downtown Toronto and I received such email too on Saturday.
Interesting enough we receive it at the same time both in my email and my wife email, so that decrease possibility of the phishing email.
We have an interview scheduled for today, so I will write back how it all went.

I sent the request to scheduled interview in IRCC office 3 weeks ago so I assumed that it was their response. But you guys saying you get those emails without priory sending requests, correct?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017
Interesting enough we receive it at the same time both in my email and my wife email, so that decrease possibility of the phishing email.

I sent the request to scheduled interview in IRCC office 3 weeks ago so I assumed that it was their response. But you guys saying you get those emails without priory sending requests, correct?

Correct, in fact in the email it says that if you have already made arrangements for an interview you should ignore the email and continue with your arranged interview.

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
I did not receive any call yet as well.
But technically morning appointments should be within 8:30 am and 11:30 am CST. So there are still 1.5 hours left to call us

Nov 20, 2017
I managed to call CIC and they confirmed that I got the call for this Telephone landing program for PR landing. Still, everyone should verify for their own cases.

Nov 19, 2017
I did not receive any call yet as well.
But technically morning appointments should be within 8:30 am and 11:30 am CST. So there are still 1.5 hours left to call us

Same for me, fingers crossed they call, I suspect they may have underestimated how many people they can get through. Good Luck.

Nov 19, 2017

Correct

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
I just finished my telephone landing interview.Call came from “No Caller ID”. Lady named my name over the phone and ask is my family is somewhere near me.
That was first part of landing where they double check with you that all info on COPR is correct, if not you correct it with black pen and put your initials.
Also I was asked usual YES/NO questions about charges/convictions , refusals of entry to Canada etc.And after that I was asked to sign No and my initials under same question in COPR.
Also they doublecheck do I have other children born outside of Canada other then those in application.And are there any other dependents other then listed in application. Then I was asked to sign COPR without putting date.
At it was it.
I was told that in few days I will receive email regarding next steps, I would need to send COPR them to sign and after that I will be registered as PR.

Last edited:

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
I just finished my telephone landing interview.Call come from “No Caller ID”. Lady name my name over the phone and ask is my family is somewhere near me.
That was first part of landing where they double check with you that all info on COPR is correct, if not you correct it with black pen and put your initials.
Also I was asked usual YES/NO questions about charges/convictions , refusals of entry to Canada etc.And after that I was asked to sign No and my initials under same question in COPR.
Also they doublecheck do I have other children born outside of Canada other then those in application.And are there any other dependents other then listed in application. Then I was asked to sign COPR without putting date.
At it was it.
I was told that in few days I will receive email regarding next steps, I would need to send COPR them to sign and after that I will registered as PR.
Same for me

Nov 19, 2017
Ok. so I just had my telephone landing call, please be patient if you have not had your call yet, it's their second day of this process and they are still working out a few bumps.

The call is largely to validate the information in the CoPR with you and to get you to tell them if anything has changed since the application was originally created. They will talk you through the signing process and completion of the from ready for sending. Please ensure that everyone who is landing with the main applicant in present on the call, they will want to verify this by speaking to them briefly.

Once the call is complete you will receive an email from the case worker (within 48hours)) with details of where to send the CoPR document. Once they receive the document, they will review it and counter-sign it, at this point (all being well) they will issue the PR cards. Current time for receipt of PR cards is approximately 2 months from what I understand.

I think that's all the information i have on the process, I'll update if and when I know more. Best of luck to everyone.

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I just finished my telephone landing interview.Call came from “No Caller ID”. Lady named my name over the phone and ask is my family is somewhere near me.
At it was it.
I was told that in few days I will receive email regarding next steps, I would need to send COPR them to sign and after that I will be registered as PR.
@demand510 thanks for the update...wow that's great...keep posted here the later processes too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomi2