+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

doyenAA

Jul 4, 2017
I just got through and this is 100% legitimate.

It's pilot project that they have just started mainly for applicants who are inland and are not within a certain distance of a port or Ottawa. They have been designated as 'rural' I spoke to them at great length and they said they had several calls today as expected because it's a new initiative.

As sceptical as we all were, it's confirmed that you can indeed land via telephone dependent on your circumstances.
Wow , that sounds good
Thank you for your reply

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
I just got through and this is 100% legitimate.

It's pilot project that they have just started mainly for applicants who are inland and are not within a certain distance of a port or Ottawa. They have been designated as 'rural' I spoke to them at great length and they said they had several calls today as expected because it's a new initiative.

As sceptical as we all were, it's confirmed that you can indeed land via telephone dependent on your circumstances.
Thanks for confirming with IRCC. Should i go ahead and reply that email with all details ?

Nov 19, 2017
Hey everyone,
Don't trust a random stranger on this forum or any other forum (including me) who is claiming that an email is legitimate and you should respond to it when it comes to something that important. Call CIC yourself.
You are absolutely right, everyone should call themselves to validate. I am a very new member here and as such could be the person running the scam. I merely wanted to confirm my experience as it does take a great deal of time to get through on the call centre number but clearly in this case it's worth the wait. What's clear is that very occasionally even government organizations change their processes and with all of the scams we receive in our emails it's easy to simply dismiss it as a scam. Call the support centre and they will confirm my feedback. I will update this post as soon as I have had my telephone landing interview tomorrow so I can share the experience.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017
Thanks for confirming with IRCC. Should i go ahead and reply that email with all details ?
Having spoken to them I can confirm that it's indeed ok to reply, but for your own peace of mind and also to support the feelings and advice of other members here you should confirm directly yourself. I have replied to the email because if you check the reply to email address you'll see that your details go to IRCC.DNPRInterview-EntrevueRPRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca which is a legitimate email address and indeed the only recipient of your information.

For the benefit of all, technically the important information here is the server address in the reply-to email, the bit after the @ in this case cic.gc.ca. This is where the email you reply to will land, the bit before the @ is the mailbox of the person at that organization who will have access to it, in this case it's likely a a shared processing queue. While this simple check is a useful tip it's not completely fool proof as server can be spoofed but in this case the email you send will land inside the cic.gc.ca organization as expected.

Last edited:

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi Guys, Even I received the same telephone landing email on Saturday. To me this email doesn't look like a scam as it is from cic.gc.ca but still, I'm trying hard to connect the call centre, unfortunately, it seems difficult to connect. I think as discussed earlier in the forum it seems to be a pilot project initiated by IRCC for so-called us 'the rural applicants' lol...I personally believe it is not necessary to commence the landing procedure as per the IRCC telephone email instructions if someone is not interested in doing the landing now. But again it depends on the validity of the one-time entry immigrant visa and COPR. Also if someone doesn't want to go through the hassle of going to the border or booking an appointment with the IRCC office. Then the telephone landing is the best option for them. Especially for me, these two are valid until March 2018. So I'm not in a hurry to do the landing soon as I have some holiday plans in the coming months so most probably my landing will be at the port of entry. Any comments/feedbacks will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
It's a great program they're doing, if it's legit. That being said, they should add something to the CIC website to alert people to the possibility. It would cut down on a lot of confusion, as well as phone calls they'd receive!

diegohr

Sep 12, 2017
I've got the same email last Saturday. As I have a trip to my hometown at the end of this week and coming back in 2 weeks, I was planning to do my landing on my way back to Canada. Is it ok to ignore this email and just keep my original plan?

Thank you

LATINA21

Nov 20, 2017
I received the same email on Thursday and I reply the format with my information that they required, but I told them I have already my landing in this week and then I received an email Saturday morning telling me if I'm going to do my landing this week please disregard the email. so I'm still not sure about this.

LATINA21

Nov 20, 2017
I've got the same email last Saturday. As I have a trip to my hometown at the end of this week and coming back in 2 weeks, I was planning to do my landing on my way back to Canada. Is it ok to ignore this email and just keep my original plan?

Thank you
yeapo keep going with your plans

Reactions: diegohr

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
@diegohr I'm in the same situation like yours and I believe many of us will be in the similar situation. I would call the IRCC call centre and confirm the same. Which I'm trying at regular intervals but getting hard luck in connecting to an agent. Again as I mentioned in my previous post logically IRCC can't stop anyone from later date landing if the validity of COPR and immigration visa is still there. Also, they have mentioned we can do the landing in two different ways..at the port of entry/border or book an appointment for landing at any nearest IRCC office and to our luck, we have the third one the so-called "Telephone landing". If you speak to an IRCC agent and get the clarity plz update here. I'll do the same if I get connected first.

Reactions: diegohr

diegohr

Sep 12, 2017
@diegohr I'm in the same situation like yours and I believe many of us will be in the similar situation. I would call the IRCC call centre and confirm the same. Which I'm trying at regular intervals but getting hard luck in connecting to an agent. Again as I mentioned in my previous post logically IRCC can't stop anyone from later date landing if the validity of COPR and immigration visa is still there. Also, they have mentioned we can do the landing in two different ways..at the port of entry/border or book an appointment for landing at any nearest IRCC office and to our luck, we have the third one the so-called "Telephone landing". If you speak to an IRCC agent and get the clarity plz update here. I'll do the same if I get connected first.
Thanks! I'm trying to contact IRCC from here as well, but no success so far.. I keep you posted if I have any news.

Cheers!

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Ok, Guys..@diegohr @all_iz_well @mgnlky@noscaf2014 and I agree with @remotedeveloper...comments. Finally, after a short wait of only 41 mins, I was able to hook up with an agent of IRCC call centre and cleared all the doubts what we raised here in the forum. So first of all the telephone landing email is a legitimate email form IRCC. Secondly, it is not compulsory to have the immediate landing if someone is planning to do the landing in the next couple of weeks/months at the port of entry, 'Telephone landing' is just a choice. And the funny part is even the agents were told this morning only about the telephone landing email so they are not much aware of it and it is, of course, a pilot project just initiated for us few selected "Rural Applicants"...lol..who are not based near the border or the IRCC offices. Hope the msg is clear...what a relief..IRCC keeps giving us surprises and goosebumps...that's what IRCC is...love it... :)

Nov 20, 2017
Hello, I'm from Kitchener, Ontario and I got a call today from a Winnipeg number (that's what the iPhone is showing) to tell me a similar thing. The lady asked if I want to go for Landing via Phone which is a pilot program. She had all my personal details and even offered/shared some to prove her authenticity. I had to tell her my UCI to confirm the interview on Friday. I'm not sure if that was a mistake. I tried by couldn't reach CIC call center person today. I'll try again tomorrow. As per her the dates are available until December 15. Slots are 8.30 to 11.30 and 1-4 CST. I called CIC on last Thursday to schedule my PR landing at an Inland Immigration office. I didn't get the call from Inland Office yet. Please share if anyone else have similar experiences and is able to reach CIC call center.