+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I came to my home country Please help

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hi there, i went to Canada on feb 2015 got my Asylum approved on September 2015. Got PR in August 2017. I came to my home country on November 01 2017 due to a medical issue of myself. I have the letter with me from my family doctor. My question is am I going to face any problems when I come back to Canada. I am coming back on feb 2018. Please help.
Any updates on your case??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Any updates on your case??
He won't have problems returning to Canada. He should however expect big problems if he tries to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Reactions: live&love

Dream2020

Nov 5, 2017
He won't have problems returning to Canada. He should however expect big problems if he tries to apply for Canadian citizenship.
I had no problem. I asked the immigration officer that , will it be a problem when im gonna apply for citizenship? He said no its not going to be a problem.. So i dont think it is a problem going back home after PR..

This my opinion. Not a legal advice..

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had no problem. I asked the immigration officer that , will it be a problem when im gonna apply for citizenship? He said no its not going to be a problem.. So i dont think it is a problem going back home after PR..

It will be a problem. I am not sure where you have asked, but the condition that with reavailment you can loose your PR status is still very valid. And of course without PR status you cannot get citizenship.

And for your better understanding. Whenever you are travelling abroad and for whatever reason you end up in problems (for example your ID was stolen or you need to flee the country), there shall be somebody responsible.
So if you use your refugee travel document it will be Canada, but if you use your passport it will the country that has issued this passport.
So if you are convenient enough to identify that country to protect you in case of problems how can you say that you need refuge from such country.

And the second part, just because you have Canadian PR you will not cease to be a citizen of your previous country (at least I do not know about any country that would have such a strange law).
Now if you return there and something bad will happen (they will arrest you or you will be attack again for whatever reason you asked for refuge), Canada cannot do anything.
Simply because it is none of the business of Canada how your country deals with their own citizens. All they can do is to formally protest.
Certainly they cannot enter by force and extract you from there. (like in some action Hollywood movie).
So if you decided to return home you yourself are showing that you feel safe enough to stay there. And if you feel safe enough then you do not need protection elsewhere. And since you PR was given to you only because you needed protection, you do not need that either.

As simple as that.

Because at the end of the day refuge status is first and foremost meant to be something temporary and only if the situation is not changing for a long time you will slowly change and become citizen of the other country.

Reactions: tobs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

CBSA is not IRCC. They often aren’t familiar with the rules. Unfortunately you were given bad advice. Returning to you home country after PR is certainly a very big problem for citizenship.

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
CBSA is not IRCC. They often aren’t familiar with the rules. Unfortunately you were given bad advice. Returning to you home country after PR is certainly a very big problem for citizenship.
A word is Enough for the wise. You don’t have to stress much on this. All of us can read from even Canada official website that you mustn’t return home country or travel with Jim’s country’s passport so why many questions about it every time by same person proving he knows the rule of law.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A word is Enough for the wise. You don’t have to stress much on this. All of us can read from even Canada official website that you mustn’t return home country or travel with Jim’s country’s passport so why many questions about it every time by same person proving he knows the rule of law.
Understood. However your post gives the impression that it’s OK to travel to your COP after PR. This isn’t the case. Wouldn’t want anyone new to read this thread and think it’s safe to do so. There’s a long thread in the citizenship section of the forum that discusses this topic in detail.

Reactions: Buletruck

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Understood. However your post gives the impression that it’s OK to travel to your COP after PR. This isn’t the case. Wouldn’t want anyone new to read this thread and think it’s safe to do so. There’s a long thread in the citizenship section of the forum that discusses this topic in detail.
I’ve read it several times that you can’t travel with your home country passport or visit your home country.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Wouldn’t want anyone new to read this thread and think it’s safe to do so.
Agreed. People will tend to accept a single piece of bad advice as gospel over all others if it offers a positive outlook on their particular situation as it applies to them. Best to nip it in the bud before someone makes a similar error.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.