+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I came to my home country Please help

Dream2020

Nov 5, 2017
Hi there, i went to Canada on feb 2015 got my Asylum approved on September 2015. Got PR in August 2017. I came to my home country on November 01 2017 due to a medical issue of myself. I have the letter with me from my family doctor. My question is am I going to face any problems when I come back to Canada. I am coming back on feb 2018. Please help.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There is a distinct possibility you may face cessation of your PR when you return due to reavailmemt or at a later date when you attempt to renew your PR or apply for citizenship. As a refugee, you really shouldn’t be travelling back to the country you have requested assylum from. It show, particularly staying for an extended period like you are, that there isn’t any real risk to you at home and are in no need of protection from Canada.

http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/refugees/vacation/index.asp

Reactions: derin1010

Dream2020

Nov 5, 2017
There is a distinct possibility you may face cessation of your PR when you return due to reavailmemt or at a later date when you attempt to renew your PR or apply for citizenship. As a refugee, you really shouldn’t be travelling back to the country you have requested assylum from. It show, particularly staying for an extended period like you are, that there isn’t any real risk to you at home and are in no need of protection from Canada.

http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/refugees/vacation/index.asp
Will the immigration is going to stop me entering Canada

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
No, but they may report you to IRCC and start an investigation into your return to your home country. That may result in cessation and the loss of your PR. If that happens, you would need to leave Canada.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi there, i went to Canada on feb 2015 got my Asylum approved on September 2015. Got PR in August 2017. I came to my home country on November 01 2017 due to a medical issue of myself. I have the letter with me from my family doctor. My question is am I going to face any problems when I come back to Canada. I am coming back on feb 2018. Please help.
Why don’t you post here before you go to your home country? Or ask an Immigration lawyer? Its too late man. You may face a big problem getting your citizenship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll be allowed into Canada - however you may face big issues when it's time to apply for citizenship (it's possible your PR status may be revoked). I would recommend you look at the citizenship section of this forum and find the thread on cessation of refugee protection.

Dream2020

Nov 5, 2017
No, but they may report you to IRCC and start an investigation into your return to your home country. That may result in cessation and the loss of your PR. If that happens, you would need to leave Canada.
Is there anyway i can get help from an immigration lawyer to avoid cessation or revocation ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
First thing you should do is leave your home country ASAP. The longer you stay, the more likely there will be issues later on. Staying 3months, regardless of the reasons isn’t wise. If I find it doubtful there are any medical procedures your doctor may have suggested that aren’t available in Canada, and even more doubtful IRCC/CBSA would believe it.
A lawyer won’t be able to prevent an investigation or IRCC/CBSA from proceeding with cessation. The only thing they could do is plead your case to an inquiry or appeal.

Dream2020

Nov 5, 2017
First thing you should do is leave your home country ASAP. The longer you stay, the more likely there will be issues later on. Staying 3months, regardless of the reasons isn’t wise. If I find it doubtful there are any medical procedures your doctor may have suggested that aren’t available in Canada, and even more doubtful IRCC/CBSA would believe it.
A lawyer won’t be able to prevent an investigation or IRCC/CBSA from proceeding with cessation. The only thing they could do is plead your case to an inquiry or appeal.
Thank you soo much for your information. I will cancel my ticket wich is in February. And buy a new one ASAP. I will let you know when I arrive in Canada.

Dream2020

Nov 5, 2017
You'll be allowed into Canada - however you may face big issues when it's time to apply for citizenship (it's possible your PR status may be revoked). I would recommend you look at the citizenship section of this forum and find the thread on cessation of refugee protection.
Can you please give me the link? I can’t find it. Thank you soo much for helping me out.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
I will suggest, fly to canada from a different country other then ur home country so that they can't doubt u!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I will suggest, fly to canada from a different country other then ur home country so that they can't doubt u!
The problem isn't returning to Canada. The problem is the citizenship application.

Hopefully you're not suggesting the OP break the law and commit fraud in the citizenship application...

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the problem. The core of your request for asylum was, that you did not feel safe in your country and they have failed to protect you. With that said, by returning back to your country for whatever reason (regardless if you got cheap scholarship, found a cheaper medical car or if your mother was on a deathbed and your siblings were begging on the streets) is just showing that you do not feel that your life is threatened there, hence you do not need protection of Canada anymore.

What you did can easily lead (and most likely will) in the revocation of your PR status (when you will request for citizenship).
You might need a very good immigration lawyer. But even with that it is difficult to predict the outcome