+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I came to Canada illegally as a child. Looking for any possible option to become a legal resident.

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
@thedrunkmaster69

I’m only wondering and many who posted here who can afford pay degrees at universities. One even had 3 degrees in 3 different countries.

Reminds me of my big sister who is forever a student and never worked her life. I for one am the person that applies what I’ve learned.

Anyways, you better man up and owe up to the mistakes you’ve inherited. We all have skeletons in the closet.

I wish you well in your life and choices. Good luck and bless you in all your endeavors.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
You are a reckless as your parents.

I am wondering how you got into school.
I had to show my PR Card, Passport, T4 income of myself, verification of addresses and parents T4.

If I am you i would get arranged marriage with Portuguese-Canadian and get initial resident permit now and after 1 yr you get PR even if you don't have sex with, But there is no way you will become from illegal immigrant to PR overnight because you have been in Canada 20yrs.

you need to solve this problem because nobody deserve to live in fear of arrested one day and parents won't be able to bail you out because they not legally here.

I know 54 yr old Italian guy in building as workin superintendent who came to Canada as infant with clean record and family deported last week because his parents never obtained even PR status and over stayed visa.

Last edited:

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
If I am you i would get arranged marriage with portuguese-Canadian and get initial resident permit now and after 1 yr you get PR even if you don't see with, .
Getting married only for the purpose of qualifying for a PR is marriage fraud. This advice is as bad as telling him to make up a case for asylum...you can't fix a mistake by making another mistake.

Reactions: speedtex

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Getting married only for the purpose of qualifying for a PR is marriage fraud. This advice is as bad as telling him to make up a case for asylum...you can't fix a mistake by making another mistake.
he and family already commited fraud by cheating into school, working streets or parents taking jobs while legally people struggle to get into schools or jobs.

he won't even qualify for asylum or humantarian or compoasionate ground because Portugal is very strong democracy and wealth just as Canada.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
he and family already commited fraud by cheating into school, working streets or parents taking jobs while legally people struggle to get into schools or jobs.

he won't even qualify for asylum or humantarian or compoasionate ground because Portugal is very strong democracy and wealth just as Canada.
I show there’s a lot people on this forum who came hear illegally I understand he is an adult but until you have children of you own you never know what parents would do for their children.Remember he come hear as kid and now he have pay for his parents mistake could you imagine the stress he under and having to grow up so fast. I think he should apply you never know he may get lucky and if they turn him down he go back to his country and applied from there to come to Canada legally he could always tried to finish school and pray to god he don’t get caught at least when he leave Canada he would have a degree.And guys remember he is only 20 you never how much his mom shelter him and he grow up in Canada those of us who are parents know we do anything for our children even when they are adults. I don’t know as a mother who have children I feel sorry for him that’s my opinion.

Reactions: Mrva21

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me start by providing any relevant information that might impact my options. I am a 20 year old white male currently living in Toronto. I originally came here from Portugal when I was 2 years old, left Canada to go back to Portugal when I was around 10, moved to Germany and then moved back to Canada when I was around 13 years old. I have been living here in Toronto ever since. I believe my parents and I came here as visitors and then overstayed both times. I have one brother who was born here, so he is a Canadian citizen.

English is my primary language, I've attended school since kindergarten until around grade 5 I believe, and then resumed school from grade 8. I graduated from high school 2 years ago and am currently in my first year in university after applying as a permanent resident (I know I know, both my mother and our lawyer told me to apply as a permanent resident even though I didnt agree with it)

The reason why I've come to this forum is because I am completely fed up with my parents for both choosing to come here illegally and completely screwing up every opportunity they've had to make me and themselves legal immigrants. My father has had multiple work contracts lined up for him, but he would constantly get drunk and get fired from work. He was also recently caught drinking and driving and has had his licence revoked but did not get criminally charged, or something along those lines. My mother's about as smart as a door knob and was the one to suggest my dad's lawyer be the one to handle our immigration issue. All he managed to do was get us to fill out an application for a permanent resident card and waste nearly 2 years of our time. My mother has no sense of urgency in regards to this, and honestly doesn't care about my situation.

Basically, both of my parents are incompetent idiots and I'm looking for any possible way to become a legal immigrant by myself. This situation causes me an ungodly amount of stress and is seriously setting me back in life, as I can't get a job and do the things I want to do. I've lived here practically my whole life, and I identify myself as a Canadian, yet I'm afforded none of the benefits of being one. All of this stemming from the stupid decisions my parents made.

Sorry for the long text, but I'd appreciate it so much if anyone here could give me advice or options on what to do with my situation. I'll even take advice that involves my parents as I'm just desperate for any kind of solution.

Sorry to hear for this horribly stressful situation you're in. I would suggest to ask a lawyer who deals with immigration on compassionate grounds. This means, you might put your parents in an odd position (or maybe apply as a family, so they can become legal), as you have to say who they are and their status, no matter what you do, no matter the stream. I don't know enough about it, but usually people with no hope, apply to it, and know of many situations where they were accepted. Most examples I know are 'false' refugee claimants who were playing on the time processing card to stay here, and once refused, as coming from a safe country, played this card. It might be helpful to your family that your brother was born here... but as they say on the website, they assess every case individually, and if you would have a strong case, it might be your luck. you'll have to spend money on a good lawyer, but it's worth it. your life is here... Good luck man!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. even for Kindergarden you need proof of being here legally, whether it is a touristic visa or working visa... I hope they didn't falsificate your docs... but even then, it wasn't you, it was them doing it.....
omg... so many questions...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds.html

Reactions: SpiceIsland

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

he certainly as a 5y old didn't commit fraud.
Humanitarian and compassionate is much more than refugees. his life is here, he can build a strong case. which might include screwing over his parents, but sorry... he has a whole life ahead of him, and didn't do any of those decisions....

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
he certainly as a 5y old didn't commit fraud.
Humanitarian and compassionate is much more than refugees. his life is here, he can build a strong case. which might include screwing over his parents, but sorry... he has a whole life ahead of him, and didn't do any of those decisions....
currently he is getting school OSAP unless his parents are rich, people lose their jobs over plagiarism to get into university. defrauding osap while illegal can get you in big trouble with IRCC.

If I am him I would apply for study permit and see what happens but different address, if he apply as stateless person he will have good chance start all over as new immigrant and step by step to citizenship, but I just cant see huge jump from being illegal to PR Status overnight even if he is here 50 yrs. I know people who got deported after being here 50 yrs illegally but got busted from Hamilton streets.

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
currently he is getting school OSAP unless his parents are rich, people lose their jobs over plagiarism to get into university. defrauding osap while illegal can get you in big trouble with IRCC.

If I am him I would apply for study permit and see what happens but different address, if he apply as stateless person he will have good chance start all over as new immigrant and step by step to citizenship, but I just cant see huge jump from being illegal to PR Status overnight even if he is here 50 yrs. I know people who got deported after being here 50 yrs illegally but got busted from Hamilton streets.
I doubt he's getting osap. They look at tax returns, which can't have been filed. They also ask for SIN numbers.