+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I came to Canada illegally as a child. Looking for any possible option to become a legal resident.

Apr 11, 2018
Do guys have to be so hard on him he is 20,could you imagine he has no one to depend on emotionally I guess his parents support him financially got knows where they get the money from because his dad is the only working yes he made stupid decisions but he’s parents was his role model. I wonder if he even knew he wasn’t landing in the beginning he’s parents probably was the ones who sign him up for high school,do you know the amount of people in same situation as him families coming to Canada to make a better life they didn’t come across from the border so instead of judging him give some advice that’s all he asked for.I know he is an adult When he turn 18 but he has so much to experience in life I have kids older than him and I will do anything for them that’s legal.So stop be so judgemental and offer some advice because no one is perfect we all have something we regret in live unless you god so some us needs stop pretending like are perfect.
Thanks for the support but nobody here has come off as judgemental to me. Every message so far has been useful in some way and I appreciate all the help I'm getting here. It's definitely tough though, I have no one else to talk to about this besides my parents and they're the ones who put me in this mess in the first place. Let's just hope an immigration lawyer has some kind of solution.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do guys have to be so hard on him he is 20,could you imagine he has no one to depend on emotionally I guess his parents support him financially got knows where they get the money from because his dad is the only working yes he made stupid decisions but he’s parents was his role model. I wonder if he even knew he wasn’t landing in the beginning he’s parents probably was the ones who sign him up for high school,do you know the amount of people in same situation as him families coming to Canada to make a better life they didn’t come across from the border so instead of judging him give some advice that’s all he asked for.I know he is an adult When he turn 18 but he has so much to experience in life I have kids older than him and I will do anything for them that’s legal.So stop be so judgemental and offer some advice because no one is perfect we all have something we regret in live unless you god so some us needs stop pretending like are perfect.
I don't think most of us are judging. What we are doing is being 100% honest about his situation and his best next steps. If you go back a couple of pages you'll see I spent time giving him a run-down of options and what's doable / not doable in his case. His parents have messed stuff up enough for him already. The last thing he needs at this point is more lies or false hope. Some of our messages may sound harsh - but it's not about judging - it's about trying to provide the best direction possible given the situation. It's a cr*p situation to be in at 20.

Apr 11, 2018
Agree, as much as the OP would hate leaving, that is a possibility if the application under H&C doesn't succeed.

@ OP : Its much better to do some research, get informed and come up with a plan of what you will do if you had to return back to your country than to be forced to leave and not to have a plan.

You may be thinking that Canada is your one and only option, but the moment you shift your mindset and start looking at other potential options, you'll realize there could be an option b, c, d...etc. I understand you are a citizen of Portugal, if you don't necessarily want to live in Portugal - what about completing your studies in another EU country that may provide free tuition/or low tuition for EU citizens for example - have you thought about it?

Try to correct your status in Canada through a lawyer but in the meantime understand your other options, at the end either A or B...you'll should be able to make a plan that works for you...but continuing without status is definitely not the best choice.
Thinking about it now, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I moved to the UK but with brexit going on I have no idea if its a possible choice. What I'm more afraid of though is how my parents would react if they found out I tried to apply myself and got all of us kicked out. My life would definitely get a lot worse from there to say the least.

Reactions: scylla

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thinking about it now, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I moved to the UK but with brexit going on I have no idea if its a possible choice. What I'm more afraid of though is how my parents would react if they found out I tried to apply myself and got all of us kicked out. My life would definitely get a lot worse from there to say the least.
If you wanted to cover your bases, Éire (Ireland) might be a good option as well.

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
OP said he has a brother that was born in Canada and has Canadian citizenship and could technically sponsor parents if hes old enough and is able to work??? Also the OP is under 20 and can be sponsored by parents if they get there status before he turns 22 and they apply for him??? Someone correct me if im wrong!

Reactions: TheDunkMaster69

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
OP said he has a brother that was born in Canada and has Canadian citizenship and could technically sponsor parents if hes old enough and is able to work??? Also the OP is under 20 and can be sponsored by parents if they get there status before he turns 22??? Someone correct me if im wrong!
Family sponsorship is a no go because first the brother has to qualify financially for 3 years under the parents sponsorship program and has to show income for 4 people (LICO x 30%) and also he must be selected to apply for sponsorship under the family lottery which is by luck if he does get selected.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OP said he has a brother that was born in Canada and has Canadian citizenship and could technically sponsor parents if hes old enough and is able to work??? Also the OP is under 20 and can be sponsored by parents if they get there status before he turns 22 and they apply for him??? Someone correct me if im wrong!
OP's brother is too young. Oldest he can possibly be is 18. So way too young to have the three years of work experience that meets LICO required to enter the lottery.

Reactions: TheDunkMaster69
Apr 11, 2018
My brother is 11 and relying on my parents to do anything is not going to happen. They got me in this mess, wasted years of my time, wasted many opportunities, etc.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Family sponsorship is a no go because first the brother has to qualify financially for 3 years under the parents sponsorship program and has to show income for 4 people (LICO x 30%) and also he must be selected to apply for sponsorship under the family lottery which is by luck if he does get selected.
Not to mention, wouldn't they also have to show where the parents currently reside and that, if in Canada, are here legally?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My brother is 11 and relying on my parents to do anything is not going to happen. They got me in this mess, wasted years of my time, wasted many opportunities, etc.
Yep - at least a decade too young for parent sponsorship.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
The Ireland route is an interesting way to restart your life and after establishing residence, you could find a way back to Canada somewhere in the future. It also wouldn't result in shining a light on your parents.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Whatever you do, do not drop out of university.......keep going/studying.
It is one of your best chances to become PR as it shows you're trying to better yourself and i think no immigration judge is gonna order you to drop out........hell they might even hold off on deportation (to let u finish degree, this assuming a worst case scenario).....but start on PR status right away....and blame it all on your parents (in the legal process/documents as you were a child)

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It is one of your best chances to become PR as it shows you're trying to better yourself and i think no immigration judge is gonna order you to drop out........hell they might even hold off on deportation (to let u finish degree, this assuming a worst case scenario).....but start on PR status right away....and blame it all on your parents (in the legal process/documents as you were a child)
As OP is concerned about his parents being kicked out, this doesn't really seem like an option. Unless his brother has a place to go, would he not be forced (by circumstance, not law) to leave with his parents as well?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
As OP is concerned about his parents being kicked out, this doesn't really seem like an option. Unless his brother has a place to go, would he not be forced (by circumstance, not law) to leave with his parents as well?
The younger brother (Canadian) is 11 only, so they may get benefit due to minor child.......but only CIC knows 100%.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
It is one of your best chances to become PR as it shows you're trying to better yourself and i think no immigration judge is gonna order you to drop out........hell they might even hold off on deportation (to let u finish degree, this assuming a worst case scenario)
What are you basing this assessment on? I'm asking seriously, not trolling or anything. But Based on what the other experts in this thread said so far it is a very bad idea to continue the fraud/misrepresentation with regards to his university studies. That's why I am wondering what your judgement "no immigration judge is gonna..." is based on.