02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
Hi @YouGotMeHere @JamesRodriguez @datguytomi

I rec'd GCMS notes last week ordered from CBSA a month ago via GETGCMS. Request you to review & guide on the next steps!

=====GCMS Notes Extract ======
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

NOTES: 1
REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: ZZZZZZ REGULATION: PNP: FSW… RECOMMENDATION: ***Review REQUIRED by Officer***
***Please Review RE Lead statement and duties edoc ZZZZZZ
*** Please Review information regarding refusal in notes

A11.2 REVIEW REQUIRED
R87: REVIEW REQUIRED
R75: REVIEW REQUIRED
R76: Selection Criteria – FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED
EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED Master’s Degree, COMPUTER APPLICATIONS R75(2)(A) PRIMARY OCCUPATION: 2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants WORK EXPERIENCE 1: ZZZZZ (NOC:2171) for ZZZZZZZZZZZ R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# ZZZZ) REVIEW REQUIRED
FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED FSW score at ITA: 73 / Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 53

NOTES: 2
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION# ZZZZZZZZZ …
---- POLICE CERTIFICATE ----
Primary Applicant 1 – USA FBI police certificate: Provided-NRT 2 – India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required – Statutory Questions
===========================

Background:
Category: FSW-O PNP
NOC: 2171
Expr: 15+ yrs in same IT company (Deputation: US-6yrs, UK-1yr)
PNP: SINP nominated (July'20)

Employment Documents:
Reference Letter: Got Notarized Reference Letter from colleague as company doesn't issue Reference letter to current employees
Additional docs: ID, Offer / Joining / Promotion / Annual Compensation letters, Payslips, Bank statements showing Salary deposits, Tax Returns (India, US, UK), Work Permits (US/UK), Retirement Funds (EPF, Superannuation, 401K), Award Certificates, Appreciations from Client, Sample emails showing communication related to projects with Customers
US Student Visa: Refusal in year 2003 (declared as part of Statutory question)

Question 1: Even after providing so much documentation for current Employment (15+ yrs) and having got nominated by SINP, why still Review Required on Eligibility? I think, I have provided exhaustive documentation to support the Employment claim. Is there anything else that you would suggest me to do?

Question 2: Statutory Question: Review Required
After having refused Student Visa in yr 2003, I was granted Employment Visa by USA and worked on deputation for over 6 years. Anything to worry about the Review Required here?

Question 3: FSW score at ITA 73 and FSW Points Assessed: 53. What's causing the assessed points to be at 53?

I'm puzzled for FSW Points Calculation.

My FSW Points Calculation
Education: 23 (Masters)
English Skills: 23 CLB8 (LRWS-8, 8.5, 6.5, 8.5)
Experience: 15 (6 or more yrs)
Adaptability: 5 (Spouse CLB7.5)
Arranged Employment: 0
——————————
FSW Score: 73
——————————

Per GCMS notes, FSW Points Assessed: 53. In my case, this is possible only when 'Employment' & 'Adaptability' points are NOT considered. Is the assumption correct that till Employment Review is not completed, those 15 points will not be added to FSW Points?

But why are Adaptability points not added yet? I have included Spouse's IELTS along w Educational docs. Do I need to submit that again via webform?

Appreciate your inputs.
Appreciate if you can review the GCMS notes and guide on next steps that I should take to satisfy the Officer reviewing the application.

Thank you!
Until the officer reviews the notarised employment reference letter and decides if its ok, the score for employment will stay deducted. They also seem to have questions around the lead statement of the NOC matching the duties on your reference letter, you might want to check it with your NOC one more time. Also, the RR on stat question is pretty normal, no need to worry about that. I will advise you look at your reference letter one more time and check if the duties match the lead statement of the NOC.

Reactions: leobeni

leobeni

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Until the officer reviews the notarised employment reference letter and decides if its ok, the score for employment will stay deducted. They also seem to have questions around the lead statement of the NOC matching the duties on your reference letter, you might want to check it with your NOC one more time. Also, the RR on stat question is pretty normal, no need to worry about that. I will advise you look at your reference letter one more time and check if the duties match the lead statement of the NOC.
Thanks @datguytomi !

This is the same reference letter that I even submitted to SINP and got nominated. SINP didn't ask for 2nd reference letter (which is common ADR).

And becoz of 15yrs+ expr. in the same company, I made sure to list designation wise responsibilities.

I'll still go thru it once again.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks @mr.preetsingh

I submitted notarized reference letter from colleague for full duration (15+yrs) of employment with the same company along with lots of other documents (details in my original post).
I did see the details from your GCMS notes, and it kids of make sense, I have seen similar thing before. Do you want to share your GCMS notes with me in private and i can read those for you? Let me know...

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
@leobeni
Question 1: Even after providing so much documentation for current Employment (15+ yrs) and having got nominated by SINP, why still Review Required on Eligibility? I think, I have provided exhaustive documentation to support the Employment claim. Is there anything else that you would suggest me to do?

Both are seprate entities and decison of SINP isn't binding on IRCC and the same would reflect at the bottom of the nomination letter that yo would have received.. IRCC has it's own way of validating things as per their own set protocol. The final officer review at the time of GCMS was yet to be done. The Case processing agent has no autrothity to announce the verdict and is rather pointing out certain things to the officer to take note off. It's a pretty usual process. Anything that is out of the recomended documentation or grey matter will be under RR until the final officer review is done. This doesn't mean they are upfront denying the documentation but rather is being refered to an officer who is better trained to deal with such situations. If you have thoroughly reviewed the duties in your reference letter and are perfectly alligned to the NOC, you shoul be good. Hopefully the officer review would have been done by now or would be done by Mid march based on your AOR. How about getting an another reference letter from your reporting manager?

Question 2: Statutory Question: Review Required
After having refused Student Visa in yr 2003, I was granted Employment Visa by USA and worked on deputation for over 6 years. Anything to worry about the Review Required here?

As stated above, the Case processing agent has no authority to look into the reasons of your last refusal. This is again a sticky note for the officer to look into the last refusal through their integrated search engine (info sharing) before validating. You being granted an employment visa post your SP refusal is totally irelevant to this context and you should be fine provided the refusal reasons had nothing alarming.

Question 3: FSW score at ITA 73 and FSW Points Assessed: 53. What's causing the assessed points to be at 53?

Your final FSW points would be recalculated in the officer review after he has validated your employment (15 points) and is satisfied that it alligns to the noc. Just because the Employment is under RR, you aren't being allocated those points. The Case processing agents often skip to the validate the adaptibility points (5 points) as they aren't really needed if someone already meets the minimum threshold without that. However, you'll see these scores being granted in the officer review.

riyazqa

Jan 8, 2020
Qatar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Hi can anyone help me to review my GCMS notes? any thing to worry about ? Thanks in Advance!

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other R

Primary Office: London

Secondary Office: Centralized Intake Office

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2020/11/19 10:58:40

Created By: DM01333

Updated Date: 2020/11/19 10:59:19

Updated By: DM01333

Restricted: No

Label: General

Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: XXXXXX REGULATION: PNP: FSW,

2020-09-25 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the

information contained in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION:***Review REQUIRED by Officer***

*** Please Review information regarding refusal in notes ** Please Review Funds A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED

R87: REVIEW REQUIRED R75: REVIEW REQUIRED R76: Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET

R76: Selection Criteria - FUNDS: REVIEW REQUIRED MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize

______________________ PNP NOMINATION: - Province of Nomination: MB.

- PNC#: 2063818. - Province matches current residence: Yes. - Nomination validity: Original. - Case Type:

Economic Case. - Schedule 4 on file: Yes. _____________________ _

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 996 CRS points minimum score

for round: 475 CRS score at application (APR): 996 Total CRS Points Assessed: 996 I have reviewed the

following for CRS points: and MARRIED at APR PA gained points as at ITA PA gained points for 3+ year(s)

Foreign Work Experience with XXXXXXX ON edoc# 393758129 *Skill Transferability* 050-

Foreign Work Experience - Verified EDUCATION

CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED Bachelor's Degree, XXXXXXX R75(2)(A) PRIMARY OCCUPATION: NOC XXXX

XXXXXX WORK EXPERIENCE 1: Foreign XXXXX (NOC: XXX) for XXXXXX

XXXXX R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# 393758129 Dated: 2020-09-16 Job Description

consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC - YES

______________________ FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW score at

ITA: 73/ Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 73 11 - R80 Work Experience - Verified 05-

R83 Adaptability - Verified Spouse has language Proficiency PNP Triage: Refer to IR

______________________ Family Composition: NO CONCERNS PA

(XXXX, XXX), MARRIED Marriage certificate is on file PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2029-03-12 SPOUSE/CL (XXX,

XXX), ACCOMPANYING PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2029-03-10 DEP 1 (XXX, XXX, born: 2014-04-22,

age at lock-in date: 6), ACCOMPANYING Birth cert.: PA and Spouse listed as parents PASSPORT EXPIRY:

2027-10-22 DEP 2 (XXXX, XXXX, born: 2018-08-16, age at lock-in date: 2), ACCOMPANYING Birth cert.: PA and

Spouse listed as parents PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2023-09-03

____________________ INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA

(XXXX, XXX) In Status - TRV Valid Until: 2029-03-11 NO ADVERSE INFORMATION SPOUSE/CL (XXXX,

XXXXXX) No trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present application DEP 1 (XX, XXX) No trace in

GCMS/FOSS other than present application DEP 2 (XXX, XXX) No trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present

Application

NOTES: 4

Created Date: 2020/11/03 07:57:38

Created By: KR8850

Updated Date: 2020/11/0307:57:53

Updated By: KR8850

Restricted: No

Request Identifier: A-2021-04933

Requested Date: 03/09/2021

Label: EE Eligibility

Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: XXXX REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this

application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and

note the following. MIN.SCORE: 475 CRS SCORE: 996 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI

Spouse Application Promoted: Existing UCI Dep 1 Application Promoted: Existing UCI Dep 2 Application

Promoted: Existing UCI SP: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical

Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 1 Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 2 Medical

Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant English- IEL TS Met

Threshold & Verified Spouse English-IELTS Verified -----EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant ECA report Verified

on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary

reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) Foreign credential provided Spouse Foreign

credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE----- Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT Qatar

police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse Qatar police certificate:

Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required-Stat Questions India PC Provided Thailand PC

Provided -----AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR

Lass247

Dec 4, 2020
I have review required on my gcms notes. Document set for review is 'client information'. Any idea what that is?

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
I have review required on my gcms notes. Document set for review is 'client information'. Any idea what that is?
That’s for your letter of explanation. You have nothing to be worried about.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
only, if you can post more details mentioned in the GCMS notes around this.

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Re-posting one of my old posts here:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.
Hi Legal Falcon
After many months of waiting, I got GCMS notes with review required.
R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
review required R76- Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS- Review required.
FUNDS- appears to be met
FSW points total:59
Ready to finalize RPRF: Complete
476 minimum score, 478 CRS points assessed, Verified: 428

After scrutinizing each of my job letters I noticed two things that were my SERIOUS error that I did not notice upon submitting.

1) I noticed one of my jobs was not considered. Upon reviewing the job letter, I realized it had the wrong year. It supposed to be June-December 2017 but they put 2018. I was able to get them to do a new letter and the correct year and explained it was their error and then I submitted via webform. Soon after I submitted that letter, the organization sent me a new letter with the exact dates including the actual days (4th and 21st of each month) of employment, so I submitted a second webform attaching this letter together with a letter of explanation.

2)My current place of employment did my job letter with the duties in April 2020. At that time, FSW draws were stopped. The draw occurred in August 2020. My IELTS were about to expire so I had to submit within days of ITA. So I submitted the job letter from April 2020 as I did not have enough time to get a new one. As such, IRCC only considered the employment up to April 2020. That is a total of 1 year 8 months, which really should have been 2 years. Noticing this, I submitted via webform today my payslips for August 2020 as well as May and June 2021 to prove that I am still employed with the company. Would this help that situation?

do you know if the amount of webforms being submitted also affects the application in a negative manner?
Does this review required seem to be in muddy waters?

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

FUNDS- appears to be met

After scrutinizing each of my job letters I noticed two things that were my SERIOUS error that I did not notice upon submitting.

1) I noticed one of my jobs was not considered. Upon reviewing the job letter, I realized it had the wrong year. It supposed to be June-December 2017 but they put 2018. I was able to get them to do a new letter and the correct year and explained it was their error and then I submitted via webform. Soon after I submitted that letter, the organization sent me a new letter with the exact dates including the actual days (4th and 21st of each month) of employment, so I submitted a second webform attaching this letter together with a letter of explanation.

2)My current place of employment did my job letter with the duties in April 2020. At that time, FSW draws were stopped. The draw occurred in August 2020. My IELTS were about to expire so I had to submit within days of ITA. So I submitted the job letter from April 2020 as I did not have enough time to get a new one. As such, IRCC only considered the employment up to April 2020. That is a total of 1 year 8 months, which really should have been 2 years. Noticing this, I submitted via webform today my payslips for August 2020 as well as May and June 2021 to prove that I am still employed with the company. Would this help that situation?

do you know if the amount of webforms being submitted also affects the application in a negative manner?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

FUNDS- appears to be met

Webforms do not impact the application. However, the more structured the application is, it is easier to process.

Also, what you provide in the profile, you have to provide the supporting documents when you submit your application post ITA.

brightburn

Jun 3, 2021
My timeline
AOR : 25th February 2019
Medical Passed: 11 April 2019
Ordered GCMS Note on 25th August 2019 and received on 26th September 2019 and found out an immigration officer deducting 50 point from my express entry eligibility and refer my file to another officer MI3 for review (review required).
Sent additional documents to the IRCC through the web form on 5th October 2019 and IRCC received on 10th October 2019.
Background Check: 4th November 2019

First Ghost Update on 29 November 2019.
Second Ghost Update on 30 November 2019
Confirmation of Permanent Residency Interview Letter on 10 December 2019
Permanent Residency Interview at Vancouver Local IRCC office on 23 December 2019.
Finally, I got my residency on 23 December 2019
Do you mind if I ask you, what is the additional document asked by IRCC???

That 50 points is for job offer?

PRC

Jun 14, 2021
Thanks,
I haven’t ordered GCMS notes after I got my PPR, so I can’t tell if my CSEs and LOEs did the work.
my AOR was In Nov 2017
IP1 was Nov 2017
IP2 was feb 2018
PPR was I think 11th Sep 2018
Sorry I don’t remember the exact dates now.

Hi,
I ordered GCMS notes recently and on the last pages where officers leave their comments, some information has been kept hidden. is this a matter of concer?

Reactions: royarnab