+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am on L1 visa in USA, with Canada PR visa expiry Dec 2015

hughjack888

Nov 6, 2015
Hi, I am an Indian citizen, with Canadian PR visa expiry date Dec 2015 (I mean still landing formalities pending). When I informed the same in my office that I need to leave to Canada, later my US L1 visa was processed so that I can complete working on my project and move to Canada from US. Currently, I am working in US on L1 visa.

I have a question, please let me know. If I come to Canada and do my landing formalities and return to US, will there be a problem in US while returning? Will my US L1 visa be cancelled? If no, can I work for some time in US and return back to Canada?

Are there anything else that I need to take care, please let me know. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Anitaa

Aug 26, 2014
Go for the landing, Provide address for Canada PR Card(Canada Address). Come back to US and work on L1 status in US. Why problem returning to US if you have Valid L1 Visa stamp in your passport?? US has nothing to do with your Canada Visiting or Landing as PR.Who is going to cancel your L1 Visa and why? Just because you land in Canada as PR it has nothing to do with your US Visa .

hughjack888

Nov 6, 2015
Thank you very much Anitaa. Actually, I was trying to find out whether can I land in one city but give a friend's address in a different city, at that time, they said I can do that, but only thing they said is to find out if my L1 visa will not be affected. My L1 visa is valid till 2018.

I have another question. My family is in India, but I am in U.S. As I am the primary applicant, I should be landing in Canada first. So, how many days before I should be landing in Canada, so that there wont be any problem for my family when they land in Canada? Please let me know.

Thank you very much for all the help.

Anitaa

Aug 26, 2014
You can land in City A and can give address of City B. L1 has nothing to do with your Canada Landing or Providing PR card address in city A or B.
You as Primary can land 1 day advance of Expiry of Visa. It will be better to land 5-6 days advance of Expiry. Your Family Canada Visa may be of same expiry date as you the primary. It will be much better if you all land at the same time and apply the PR card same day and provide same address for the Cards. Are you planning to land by Border post or through Airport??

Rohit_Alg

Nov 12, 2018
Hughjack888,

Though it's an old thread but I am in a similar situation. My company is offering US L1 and I have approved PR (yet to land). Did it worked out for you without any challenges?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hughjack888,

Though it's an old thread but I am in a similar situation. My company is offering US L1 and I have approved PR (yet to land). Did it worked out for you without any challenges?
This will provide enough details.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/avr-and-post-pr-application.626216/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/multiple-entry-after-landing-on-pr.544842/page-2#post-7820464