+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.... Confused

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
You don't need to provide me with the notes, I can't guarantee I have the time to actually read them ;)

I have seen that ground for refusal erroneously attached to other refusals, with no evidence or comment as to why.

You're not an agent are you?
You don't need to provide me with the notes, I can't guarantee I have the time to actually read them ;)

I have seen that ground for refusal erroneously attached to other refusals, with no evidence or comment as to why.

You're not an agent are you?
Really. I am going to convey the same to my friend. This is for his wife. However, attaching refusals with no evidence or comment is something very new. I have never heard of this. Anyway. Thank you for your help.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Really. I am going to convey the same to my friend. This is for his wife. However, attaching refusals with no evidence or comment is something very new. I have never heard of this. Anyway. Thank you for your help.
It's not new. The notes you provided show background for every refusal reason EXCEPT the "truthfully" one.

I believe that visa officers have, essentially, a check-box of options for visa refusals. The checkboxes generate the refusal letter. '

Since it looks like the refusal letter had some sections checked and then deselected (note our earlier discussion around eTA application), it's entirely possible the visa officer was selecting the grounds for refusal and accidentally selected the truthfully answer all questions one.

The refusal letter itself makes no mention of misrepresentation nor a ban (a ban normally follows if there is misrepresentation or lying), and if the GCMS notes do not either, then it may be inadvertent.

If you re-apply, mention this grounds for refusal and say that you saw nothing in the GCMS notes that was an objection related to truthfulness so do not know how to respond other than to say that you have always been truthful (provided you have been).

The reason I ask the "are you an agent" question is because agents come here and post thing, get free suggestions, and charge their clients for our volunteer work. If you're not, then I'm happy to help.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
It's not new. The notes you provided show background for every refusal reason EXCEPT the "truthfully" one.

I believe that visa officers have, essentially, a check-box of options for visa refusals. The checkboxes generate the refusal letter. '

Since it looks like the refusal letter had some sections checked and then deselected (note our earlier discussion around eTA application), it's entirely possible the visa officer was selecting the grounds for refusal and accidentally selected the truthfully answer all questions one.

The refusal letter itself makes no mention of misrepresentation nor a ban (a ban normally follows if there is misrepresentation or lying), and if the GCMS notes do not either, then it may be inadvertent.

If you re-apply, mention this grounds for refusal and say that you saw nothing in the GCMS notes that was an objection related to truthfulness so do not know how to respond other than to say that you have always been truthful (provided you have been).

The reason I ask the "are you an agent" question is because agents come here and post thing, get free suggestions, and charge their clients for our volunteer work. If you're not, then I'm happy to help.
Thanks again for your insight. Really appreciate your help.

KazyluvsU

Jun 14, 2022
Thanks again for your insight. Really appreciate your help.
Pls were you able to resolve this issue, I know it's quite sometimes back but I have same refusal response on my application, how did you tackle it... Thanks in anticipation

Bucky23

Apr 27, 2023
Hello, I’m posting under this thread because I couldnt create a new one. I got this today in response to my visa application made in 2020:

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Your declared history of previously refused visa application(s) to Canada or any other country.
————
I am certain I provided information about my previously refused visa to another country in my application (I have not been refused a Canadian visa before now). However, I also had another visa refusal in 2021 which could not have been stated in my application because the application was made in 2020 but I’m just getting a response in 2023. What do I do please?

Abdul067

Apr 3, 2018
Visit Visa refused under 16A - i am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you
Received GCM notes
16A- Failed to declare multiple USNIV refusal

I said YES at 2(b), but miss to explain at 2(d)-
all box a, b and c are with YES, i brief all about Canada but miss/not remember to brief to immigration lawyer about US refusal , not lawyer question about explanation

i check , mistake was due to last canadian work permit application in 2018 when i was in Canada as a refugee claimant and not mention/give detail of USNIV refusal in that application and received the work permits( 4 work permits in total) , i forward this application to immigration lawyer who fill TRV application in 2022, USNIV visa was refused between 2012 to 2014

Visa officer also comments at ETA( after a review of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirement for an Electronic Travel Authorization(eTA). As a result your eTA has been refused and you no longer hold a valid eTA. as such you should not travel to Canada by air , as you may experience delays or be prevented from boarding your flight and/entering Canada. your file is now closed, you may submit a new application at www..canada.ca/eTA

immigration lawyer comments at eTA:
The ETA was a confusing comment. I'm not sure if you applied for this in the past but you never qualified for an ETA based on your nationality.

off course I never apply for eTA, i am not from visa free country

Visa officer comments are not as per facts , also have some other manipulated error . need to proceed in Federal court in already filed ALJR or need to withdraw the ALJR and file a new application?

Regards,