+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.... Confused

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
That part of the GCMS notes is the form letter for the rejection. The inclusion of multiple paragraphs may just be because the visa officer selected the wrong introduction paragraph (referring to an eta) before choosing the correct one.

Visa officer notes are near the end of a GCMS file. If yours is 56 pages long, look to page 51 or so, plus or minus. They will be more free form with an actual evaluation of the application.
@k.h.p. Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are right. The visa officer may have selected the wrong introduction. However, my friend did not find any reason as to why the visa officer said that he did not answer all the questions truthfully that was asked of him. My friend have tried to reach out to the visa office a number of times but they did not provide any reasoning for that. They are simply saying apply again.

Not sure what to do. Would you recommend anything ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Re-read the GCMS notes. There is supposed to be some evidence of the analysis and reasoning that went into the rejection, in case the decision is challenged in court or on appeal.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Re-read the GCMS notes. There is supposed to be some evidence of the analysis and reasoning that went into the rejection, in case the decision is challenged in court or on appeal.
The officer had just provided generic reasons for refusal in his or her comments (Travel history, family ties, purpose of visit and financial status and one more). The last reason is " Refusal grounds A(16)(1)(a)- I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you. Thats all. There is no comment at all after that.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Can you paste the actual comments from the GCMS notes? Removing any identifying information, of course.
REFUSAL GROUNDS: 5

Created Date: 2017/05/24 17:31:58 Created By: SADMIN

Updated Date: 2017/05/24 17:31:58 Updated By: SADMIN

Print Sequence: 5

Refusal Grounds: A16(1)(a)

Description: I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
Comment:

Expiry Date:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 1

Created Date: 2019/05/16 10:05:55 Created By: SADMIN

Updated Date: 2019/05/16 10:05:55 Updated By: SADMIN

Description:

After a review of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). As a result, your eTA has been refused and you no longer hold a valid eTA. As such, you should not travel to Canada by air, as you may experience

delays or be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada. Your file is now closed, you may submit a new application at www.canada.ca/eTA. Your eTA has been refused for the following reason(s):

Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Intro Selected:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 2

Updated Date: 2017/06/26 14:12:17 Updated By: CONV_ADMI N Description:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration

and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). Iam refusing your application on the following grounds:

Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Intro Selected: Y

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 3

Updated Date: 2017/05/24 17:31:58 Updated By: SADMIN

Description:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) application, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). Iam refusing your application on the following grounds: Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Intro

Selected:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 4

Updated Date: 2019/05/31 14:31:15 Updated By: SADMIN

Description: Register my application. Create an account to get more details on the status of your application and to receive your mail online. Find out how: http://www.cic.gc.ca/engli sh/ my_application/link.asp.

Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Paragraphs Selected:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 5

Updated Date: 2018/06/01 14:35:53 Updated By: CONV_ADMIN Description:

When should Icontact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)? You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include • changes in your personal circumstances, such as the birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce; • changes in contact information, such as email, mailing address or telephone number; • an appointment or change of an immigration representative or designated individual; • the decision to withdraw your application. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/engli sh/information/change-address.asp.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That's what you posted above, but that's just the GCMS notes detailing the letter you got. Near the end of the GCMS file, there are actual comments from the visa officer. Or there should be.

They are under a header labeled "NOTES" and should be the last pages of the report.

Here's an example:
NOTES
Notes: 1
Created Date: 2019/02/04 11:05:44
Created By: EG00203
Updated Date: 2019/02/014 11:05:44
Updated By: EG00203
Label: Eligibility
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:
I have reviewed all the documentation provided for this application. Summary of key findings below: -3rd country national -PA/family does not demonstrate sufficient establishment or sufficient ties to motivate return -Lack of travel history noted which could be used to gauge past compliance to immigration laws of countries with strong migration pull factors Given the foregoing, PA has not demonstrated sufficient establishment or sufficient ties to return. I am not satisfied on balance that PA is a bona fide visitor to Canada who will depart at the end of authorized stay. Application refused.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
That's what you posted above, but that's just the GCMS notes detailing the letter you got. Near the end of the GCMS file, there are actual comments from the visa officer. Or there should be.
I don't have the GCMS notes handy. I provided the above notes on the forum before so I copied pasted that. However, as I mentioned...the officer's comments are generic. it says, I have reviewed the application and taking their purpose of visit into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established. There is no prior travel history history. Weighing the factors I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For above reasons. Application refused.

As you can see in the above notes,there is nothing after the comment..did not answer truthfully. I have seen this in cases where an applicant has failed to declare past refusals. Which is not the case here.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't have the GCMS notes handy. I provided the above notes on the forum before so I copied pasted that. However, as I mentioned...the officer's comments are generic. it says, I have revied the application and taking their purpose of visit into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficeintly well estab;ished. There is no prior travel history history. Weighing the factors I am not satisfied the applicant will depart canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For above reasons. Application refused.
So what I suggested above was to go through the GCMS again.
What you posted was the refusal grounds, not the actual analysis. What you posted comes from the FINALIZE APPLICATION section of the GCMS notes, not the NOTES section. The NOTES section is the very end of the GCMS file.

I edited my post above to give you an example of what it looks like.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
So what I suggested above was to go through the GCMS again.
What you posted was the refusal grounds, not the actual analysis. What you posted comes from the FINALIZE APPLICATION section of the GCMS notes, not the NOTES section. The NOTES section is the very end of the GCMS file.

I edited my post above to give you an example of what it looks like.
This is what the notes section says:

I have reviewed the application and taking their purpose of visit into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established. There is no prior travel history history. Weighing the factors I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For above reasons. Application refused.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
To be honest, at this point I'd need to see all 58 pages to have any opinion. Sharing bits and pieces of a GCMS notes file isn't a good way to get a whole picture of what it says.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Have you seen the actual refusal letter? Does it mention the same refusal grounds?
yes it does. This is what the refusal letter says. And in the GCMS notes as I provided above. Refusal ground 5 does npt give any details on what the applicant has not answered truthfully. In addition, the notes section does not say anything. I have read GCMS notes 3 times myself but no infrmation.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So like I said, I can't tell you why that grounds for refusal is mentioned without any notes but I would need to review the entire GCMS file to form any opinion.

At the very least, there's no indication of misrepresentation in the small amount of the file you've shared here. That grounds for refusal could have been mistakenly clicked.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
So like I said, I can't tell you why that grounds for refusal is mentioned without any notes but I would need to review the entire GCMS file to form any opinion.

At the very least, there's no indication of misrepresentation in the small amount of the file you've shared here. That grounds for refusal could have been mistakenly clicked.
I will try to provide you the complete GCMS notes. However, like I said, there is no mention of any reason what the applicant has not answered truthfully. My friend even raised this to the visa office and they did not provide any information on this. They just said reapply. Also, like you said, if that ground could have been mistakenly clicked, it would make any applicant worried.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You don't need to provide me with the notes, I can't guarantee I have the time to actually read them ;)

I have seen that ground for refusal erroneously attached to other refusals, with no evidence or comment as to why.

You're not an agent are you?