+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.... Confused

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
The notes say nothing at all? That's unusual. The officer obviously thinks she lied about something. Have you seen the notes?
Yes.. Nothing at all.

Refusal Grounds: A 16(1) (a)
Description: I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
Comment:
Expiry Date:

Also, under Refusal Letter Details in GCMS notes, There are 5 Details. One of them say After a review of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements of an eTA. This is strange as she has never applied for an eTA in the past.

I am not sure if that is a generic statement but we have no idea what to do.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes.. Nothing at all.

Refusal Grounds: A 16(1) (a)
Description: I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
Comment:
Expiry Date:

Also, under Refusal Letter Details in GCMS notes, There are 5 Details. One of them say After a review of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements of an eTA. This is strange as she has never applied for an eTA in the past.

I am not sure if that is a generic statement but we have no idea what to do.
Post all the notes here - remove any personal information such as names/passport numbers etc.

Reactions: vb.yeg

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Post all the notes here - remove any personal information such as names/passport numbers etc.
Sorry, I will try. I am not familiar with how to upload documents on this website.

Would you recommend doing a case-specific enquiry using the ircc web form?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sorry, I will try. I am not familiar with how to upload documents on this website.

Would you recommend doing a case-specific enquiry using the ircc web form?
Just copy and paste it here.

No point doing a CSE, they won't reopen this kind of case unless there's a glaring error. You first need to find out if there was an error before you open the CSE.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Sorry, I am not able to copy-paste text directly. The report is 56 pages long. If you are ok, I can explain what is written specifically on the refusal grounds: Did not answer truthfully part.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sorry, I am not able to copy-paste text directly. The report is 56 pages long. If you are ok, I can explain what is written specifically on the refusal grounds: Did not answer truthfully part.
Yeah, that's fine.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Yeah, that's fine.
REFUSAL GROUNDS: 5

Created Date: 2017/05/24 17:31:58 Created By: SADMIN

Updated Date: 2017/05/24 17:31:58 Updated By: SADMIN

Print Sequence: 5

Refusal Grounds: A16(1)(a)

Comment:

Expiry Date:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 1

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
REFUSAL GROUNDS: 5

Print Sequence: 5

Refusal Grounds: A16(1)(a)

Comment:

Expiry Date:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 1

Created Date: 2019/05/16 10:05:55 Created By: SADMIN

Updated Date: 2019/05/16 10:05:55 Updated By: SADMIN

Description:

After a review of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). As a result, your eTA has been refused and you no longer hold a valid eTA. As such, you should not travel to Canada by air, as you may experience

delays or be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada. Your file is now closed, you may submit a new application at www.canada.ca/eTA. Your eTA has been refused for the following reason(s):

Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Intro Selected:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 2

Updated Date: 2017/06/26 14:12:17 Updated By: CONV_ADMI N Description:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration

and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). Iam refusing your application on the following grounds:

Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Intro Selected: Y

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 3

Description:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) application, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). Iam refusing your application on the following grounds: Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Intro

Selected:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 4

Updated Date: 2019/05/31 14:31:15 Updated By: SADMIN

Description: Register my application. Create an account to get more details on the status of your application and to receive your mail online. Find out how: http://www.cic.gc.ca/engli sh/ my_application/link.asp.

Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Paragraphs Selected:

REFUSAL LETTER DETAILS: 5

Updated Date: 2018/06/01 14:35:53 Updated By: CONV_ADMIN Description:

When should Icontact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)? You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include • changes in your personal circumstances, such as the birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce; • changes in contact information, such as email, mailing address or telephone number; • an appointment or change of an immigration representative or designated individual; • the decision to withdraw your application. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/engli sh/information/change-address.asp.

Paragraph Type: Refusal Letter Paragraphs Selected:
Is she a citizen from a visa-exempt country? That might explain the ETA bit.

Otherwise, I really don't see any information. The best course of action might be to strengthen the financial ties and other reasons (the ones that make sense to your friend), and then reapply. In the new application, write a letter and tell them that you got the GCMS notes but were unable to understand why the officer said that she didn't answer truthfully - and also that she's never applied for an ETA so that bit didn't make sense either.

Of course, all this presumes that she actually was completely honest. Is she absolutely certain? Did she forget some foreign travel done years ago, or some police issue that happened ages ago? Anything like that?

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Is she a citizen from a visa-exempt country? That might explain the ETA bit.

Otherwise, I really don't see any information. The best course of action might be to strengthen the financial ties and other reasons (the ones that make sense to your friend), and then reapply. In the new application, write a letter and tell them that you got the GCMS notes but were unable to understand why the officer said that she didn't answer truthfully - and also that she's never applied for an ETA so that bit didn't make sense either.

Of course, all this presumes that she actually was completely honest. Is she absolutely certain? Did she forget some foreign travel done years ago, or some police issue that happened ages ago? Anything like that?
Thank you very much for your response.

She is not from a visa-exempt country. She requires a TRV. We are really confused as to why the officer did not explicitly tell what did she lie about. She is absolutely certain and completely honest. She has no record of criminality. Nothing in GCMS report.

1. Do you think she should apply again for a TRV ?

2. If she applies for any other application (let's say open work permit as she is eligible) which she did not because she has a good job back home and she doesn't want to work in Canada right now. Do you think, she should mention about this TRV GCMS notes in her open work permit application ? This issue of not being truthful might come back again ?

3. Should we do case specific enquiry for her ?

Thank you!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1 & 2 - You don't need to apply for a TRV, you can apply for whatever she's eligible for (SOWP, for e.g). She should still write that letter along with any application since the officer is bound to check her prior applications. If she is absolutely certain that she didn't omit something, she should say that, and also say that the GCMS notes did not mention anything specific and she feels there may have been an error.

3. You can try a CSE. The chances are they will simply tell you to reapply (especially since the other factors may well be valid), but there's no harm in asking. You can practice writing the letter with the CSE.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
1 & 2 - You don't need to apply for a TRV, you can apply for whatever she's eligible for (SOWP, for e.g). She should still write that letter along with any application since the officer is bound to check her prior applications. If she is absolutely certain that she didn't omit something, she should say that, and also say that the GCMS notes did not mention anything specific and she feels there may have been an error.

3. You can try a CSE. The chances are they will simply tell you to reapply (especially since the other factors may well be valid), but there's no harm in asking. You can practice writing the letter with the CSE.
Thank you for your help again. Just curious, No explanation pursuant to A 16(1)a is something that you have seen in other cases ? I mean how come the officer did not mention anything makes us nervous. Is that normal?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for your help again. Just curious, No explanation pursuant to A 16(1)a is something that you have seen in other cases ? I mean how come the officer did not mention anything makes us nervous. Is that normal?
I'm not a professional so it's not like I've seen thousands of cases. But in my (limited,volunteer, non-pro) experience on this forum, the GCMS notes usually indicate the reasons why. Seeing nothing at all in there is odd.

@scylla @canuck_in_uk @PMM can provide a more experienced perspective.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I'm not a professional so it's not like I've seen thousands of cases. But in my (limited,volunteer, non-pro) experience on this forum, the GCMS notes usually indicate the reasons why. Seeing nothing at all in there is odd.

@scylla @canuck_in_uk @PMM can provide a more experienced perspective.
I understand. Again, I really appreciate your help and guidance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Never see notes where there was no explanation. Probably 9 times out of 10, it is a failure to declare a previous visa refusal.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That part of the GCMS notes is the form letter for the rejection. The inclusion of multiple paragraphs may just be because the visa officer selected the wrong introduction paragraph (referring to an eta) before choosing the correct one.

Visa officer notes are near the end of a GCMS file. If yours is 56 pages long, look to page 51 or so, plus or minus. They will be more free form with an actual evaluation of the application.