+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.... Confused

clement_1988

Feb 19, 2019
This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant’s travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You mentioned you want to visit a friend, but you the truth is you want to meet your gf/bf?

Or your stated purpose of visit is different from your intended purpose of visit? For example, you want to work/do any activities that are classified as work when you're in Canada as a visitor?

clement_1988

Feb 19, 2019
You mentioned you want to visit a friend, but you the truth is you want to meet your gf/bf?

Or your stated purpose of visit is different from your intended purpose of visit? For example, you want to work/do any activities that are classified as work when you're in Canada as a visitor?
I stated that i want to meet a friend who is a guy.. I am a male too..lol my gf is in china. I applied for 2 weeks so i have no intention to work

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
“I don’t think” doesn’t sound like you’re convinced yourself. We had a few cases here where parents applied US immigrant visas for their kids while they were very young so they weren’t aware, for example. If you really can’t recall, might as well order the case/GCMS notes.

clement_1988

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks.. I did order the gcms notes.. Its gonna take a month to get the notes..really wanna know what went wrong. Am i banned by any chance?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Did they ask you any further follow-up questions, or ask you to submit additional documents?

Have you applied for other visas and been turned down? That's a question you should know the answer to :)

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Did they ask you any further follow-up questions, or ask you to submit additional documents?

Have you applied for other visas and been turned down? That's a question you should know the answer to :)
Hi, I was wondering whether you can tell me something: Applying for a visa and being refused is different than entering the US DV lottery in the past and not selected right? Because you technically only apply for the visa after you were selected. The first part is simply a 5 minute entry where you add your details and hope to be invited to apply. At least that is how I understood it, as it was a free and quick "competition"...

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi, I was wondering whether you can tell me something: Applying for a visa and being refused is different than entering the US DV lottery in the past and not selected right? Because you technically only apply for the visa after you were selected. The first part is simply a 5 minute entry where you add your details and hope to be invited to apply. At least that is how I understood it, as it was a free and quick "competition"...
That is how I understand it. However, you may wish to create a separate thread for your issue and not confuse this one ;)

Reactions: ruanp28

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
That is how I understand it. However, you may wish to create a separate thread for your issue and not confuse this one ;)
Apologies. I made another thread thanks. I just emailed the visa office and explained to them just in case. I will probably be asked to update the form (I hope) in stead of being rejected. Honest mistake from my side so I guess they will allow me to rectify it. Enjoy your day!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated.

My friend is working in Canada on a work permit. His spouse applied for a Visitor visa. Her application is refused on the grounds of Travel history, Family ties, Financial status and that she did not answer all the questions truthfully in her application. Basically, the officer thinks that she will not return to her home country at the end of her stay.

My friend is worried about what did she not answer truthfully. He got her GCMS notes and there are no details on that. Grounds of refusal say I am not satisfied you have answered truthfully all questions asked of you A16(1)(a).

What should he do?

Thank you
The notes say nothing at all? That's unusual. The officer obviously thinks she lied about something. Have you seen the notes?

Reactions: vb.yeg