+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am married and my wife will be non-accompanying spouse

Jan 6, 2018
Hi all,

My details are Age-28, IELTS-CLB9, Post Graduate Diploma and 3+ years of experience. I am getting 471 points on CRS calculator. If I get married in future add my spouse without ECA and IELTS, we get 444 points.

I have a girlfriend and as you may be aware of the fact that in India before one gets married they have to have the consent of their families. Now the consent thing is in process. It will take at least 7-8 more months for us to get married. Then after marriage, it will take further 5-6 months for Express entry processing. That is at least one more year for my PR. But my first priority is to immigrate to Canada and I am also aware that if I opt as a single now then in future its going to be very difficult, costly and lengthy procedure to sponsor my wife.

To avoid this situation, I am thinking of getting married in a court without the information of anyone in our families. Then process my file as married. My wife would not be accompanying me initially but she will later accompany me when we are married with the consent of our families.

Please guide me, if it is possible to do this. Keeping in mind that our marriage is only known to two of us.

Regards
Deepanshu Vashist

akashathale

Oct 23, 2012
Please advise on this..
I am on an Open work permit in Canada and have completed 1 year of work ex..
Got married last year and Filed for dependent permit for spouse..
My spouse did come to Canada, but has left now
Can I file for my PR without accompanying spouse..
I have got her medicals and police clearance done..

Please advise..

Thanks,

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi all,

My details are Age-28, IELTS-CLB9, Post Graduate Diploma and 3+ years of experience. I am getting 471 points on CRS calculator. If I get married in future add my spouse without ECA and IELTS, we get 444 points.

I have a girlfriend and as you may be aware of the fact that in India before one gets married they have to have the consent of their families. Now the consent thing is in process. It will take at least 7-8 more months for us to get married. Then after marriage, it will take further 5-6 months for Express entry processing. That is at least one more year for my PR. But my first priority is to immigrate to Canada and I am also aware that if I opt as a single now then in future its going to be very difficult, costly and lengthy procedure to sponsor my wife.

To avoid this situation, I am thinking of getting married in a court without the information of anyone in our families. Then process my file as married. My wife would not be accompanying me initially but she will later accompany me when we are married with the consent of our families.

Please guide me, if it is possible to do this. Keeping in mind that our marriage is only known to two of us.

Regards
Deepanshu Vashist
I would suggest that the fastest way would be if you take the consent of both families and get a court marriage done, and immediately apply for PR together. Besides, you can even start ECA (and IELTS if she's okay with it) proceedings for your wife without waiting for your marriage.

IRCC won't care how you got married or when. But be aware that if either of the families file a court case against you, your PCC might be held up and this will affect your PR application. This is the only scenario I can think of. Rest is up to you.

Reactions: lala1989

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

I would like to discuss and get inputs on my case for Spousal Sponsorship.

My husband got PR and is in Canada since almost a week. He is due to receive his PR card in April, post which we will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship. I stay in India and have been working in an MNC since past 6yrs. While I have been regularly reading a lot of forums, but I am still confused on whether we should go with Inland or Outland process.

Earlier the plan was that we apply for Outland Sponsorship, post which I apply for Visitor Visa and go and stay with him starting July until my PR decision comes through. I have a valid 10yr US visa and have also been to US lately, and will also provide NOC from my company, so I have full hopes that my Visitor Visa would not get rejected. But then I have been reading forms wherein I got to know that owing to the application getting stuck in NDVO, sometimes the PR decision takes 8-10months. In that case, I will then have to come back after the end of my 6month visitor visa limit which I don’t want.

So to address this, another idea that struck us was how about applying for Visitor Visa while on job, going to Canada and then applying for Inland Sponsorship? This way I can also get an Open Work Permit and don’t have to worry about sitting idle at home while PR is in process.

Now I have couple of queries if we go through this route:

• Is Inland Sponsorship the best way out here?
  • Do I confess to CIC the intention of applying Inland in my Visitor Visa application? Because else they might find it odd that we haven’t yet put our PR in process yet.
  • Does this confession put my Visitor Visa at risk?
  • Is there any other imp point that I am missing here?

Would really appreciate some expert opinions on this!

Thanks!

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hello,

I need some suggestion regarding applying as married or married but not accompanying. I have enough points in both the case so the decision is not based on that.

My wife is applying for Canadian student visa. So, is it necessary to add her in my PR application considering that she will be there anyway ? If I add her, will it create any problem in getting the student visa.

R_k

Jun 30, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am 35 years old female, married with a kid.I am planning to apply without my spouse and kid, as this way i am getting max point of 442.
However with spouse i am getting only 428.
Wht do u guys suggest?
Wht problems can this create in the application process and future sponsorship for my family?
Has anyone gone for this kind of way?
Thanx

Reactions: azmathahmed

Grv15

Oct 7, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am 35 years old female, married with a kid.I am planning to apply without my spouse and kid, as this way i am getting max point of 442.
However with spouse i am getting only 428.
Wht do u guys suggest?
Wht problems can this create in the application process and future sponsorship for my family?
Has anyone gone for this kind of way?
Thanx
Hi,
I'm in same kind of dilemma right now like you were in the previous year.
So, did you get your PR without accompanying spouse?
It'll be very helpful for people like me and others if you could update about your situation.
Please also write about your views and experiences on this issue?

Thank you in advance

R_k

Jun 30, 2018
Hi,
I'm in same kind of dilemma right now like you were in the previous year.
So, did you get your PR without accompanying spouse?
It'll be very helpful for people like me and others if you could update about your situation.
Please also write about your views and experiences on this issue?

Thank you in advance
Nope. Waiting for my WES report.

Reactions: Positive always

nasim1820

Jul 6, 2019
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
I am confused about an information that if married but spouse un-accompanying than provincial nominations are not given. Does anybody has any idea on it.

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Yes your spouse needs to supply her PCC and Medicals and you will be evaluated against her inadmisibility as well.
Hello, Dear Senior Member (and others)

So my spouse (wife) will NOT accompany me, besides her medical exam and police certificate, what other documents are needed from her?

She has very low education and her previous jobs really low level and she has not worked since 2015 or so ...

I hope the medical exam tracking sheet and police certificate are the only things that needed from her.

All replies will be very much appreciated, thank you!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

So my spouse (wife) will NOT accompany me, besides her medical exam and police certificate, what other documents are needed from her?

She has very low education and her previous jobs really low level and she has not worked since 2015 or so ...

I hope the medical exam tracking sheet and police certificate are the only things that needed from her.

What is your score without her?

They will check her admissibility with PCC, medicals, (and might run background checks but I am not sure).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
where is this info? is it true?
Not that I am aware about such thing either. Acually in most cases provincial nomination is a solution to lacking points.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

you need to state a good reason why she is not accompanying you. Lower points because of her lack of language and education is not a good reason.

Irina_ua

Sep 4, 2019
guys, need your help
I received an ITA 3 days ago. I am married to a Canadian but want to go through express entry still. should I put him as a NON-accompanying spouse?