+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am married and my wife will be non-accompanying spouse

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi everyone,

I will apply for PR. I am married and my wife will be non-accompanying spouse & won't give IELTS or go through ECA.

A. So my points for Core / human capital factors & Spouse or common-law partner factors will be out of 460 or 500 (with spouse or without spouse) ?

B. After I get the PR, how soon can I sponsor for her visa ?

Thanks & Regards,
Somak

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
1) Use the calculator:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

2) Immediately, but it takes at least a year.

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So i have understood from the calculator that if my wife is 'non accompanying spouse', then I get points like I would have got for being single.

My next question is whether my 'non accompanying spouse' will have to go through medical & police verification after receiving ITA?

Thanks & Regards,
Somak

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
For non accompanying spouse, you have to select married but spouse non accompanying. you get the same points as a single applicant.

Non accompanying spouse has to get medical and PCC. you also have to show maintenance funds for your non accompanying spouse.

spouse sponsorship will take a year after you land as a PR

Reactions: KabirMoho

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
somak2001 said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So i have understood from the calculator that if my wife is 'non accompanying spouse', then I get points like I would have got for being single.

My next question is whether my 'non accompanying spouse' will have to go through medical & police verification after receiving ITA?

Thanks & Regards,
Somak
Yes your spouse needs to supply her PCC and Medicals and you will be evaluated against her inadmisibility as well.

Reactions: roadtofreedom16

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
somak2001 said:
Hi,

In this 1 year, it is difficult to get a tourist visa also for my wife. Is that true ?

Thanks & Regards,
Somak
Here we go,
In order to support her with sponsoship, you will need to be physicaly present in Canada all the time (apart of short trips outside).
You will also have to proove that you are capable to support her financialy (that might require a job in Canada).
Doing application with her inside Canada will only prolong the whole process (as couples where one person is outside Canada do have priority).

Depending on circumstances she could get tourist visa. But that is what it sounds to be. That means, that she could not work and she will not be covered by health insurance over there.

So technically shortest possible timeframe for her to be sponsored are 12 months after your landing in Canada.
But in reality count with longer time as you need to prepare all required documents.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I think a lot of people think not adding the spouse to the EE application is a sort of a workaround for applying for both.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamgha said:
I think a lot of people think not adding the spouse to the EE application is a sort of a workaround for applying for both.
Logic for most non accompanying spouses is to get simply more points on the CRS scale.
In few cases they think, that medical or PCC could be avoided
And there are the rest of the genuine cases, where they really want to stay behind (for next 1 to 3 years)

Last 2 types should reconsider as:
1. you have to provide all those documents
2. it is much much easier to get PR together than to go for sponsorship later on.

For the first type, it really depends. But still it is a sacrifise of rather
2 to 3 years to stay apart or in not normal family condition, rather than 1.
Not to mention if female is left behind and she will have new baby in the mean time, additional sponsorship can be lurking around the corner.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
hamgha said:
I think CIC will soon give married people the same points whether the spouse is accompanying or not because it is clear that people are just trying to go around the system to claim points. Points are trending down and you don't need to claim points for your spouse's education or language proficiency so it is not mandatory for your spouse to get an ECA done or take an English test. It can be difficult to get a job in Canada so there's no telling when you'd be in a position to sponsor your spouse. Furthermore the sponsorship process can be lengthy. Why would you risk going through all that for about 20 more points unless you genuinely needed to?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You need to decide your priority. Do you want to live with your spouse or are you ok going alone and being apart.

farhanyou123

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If am not mistaken, in case your sole CRS points are 460 - applying with your spouse without her ECA, without her IELTS and without any exp., you still can fetch around 430-435 points.

That was the range for last draw most of us still believe CRS will go further down till PNPs start to build in and too many other factors. In short, though no one knows for certain, apply with spouse without her points and wait for ITA in the range of 430. You have a good chance.

Rest decision is yours. Goodluck.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plus his spouse can get ECA and IELTS done.

farhanyou123

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
plus his spouse can get ECA and IELTS done.
Dont really understand if its only abt points and no other reasons, not applying with spouse at THIS POINTS IN TIME doesnt make sense.

Could have made sense if it was during Sep/Oct 2016.

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Guys, I need your inputs on this.

I am applying without adding my wife as non accompanying where I am getting around 424 points. Currently she have the visitor visa up to October 2018 as dependent.

Without adding my wife I may have to wait 6 or more months to get invitation and depend on the luck.

Please advise on this situation.