+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Diabetic would i be rejected my PR in Canada?

rosan1021

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
January 29, 2015
AOR Received.
July 20, 2015
Med's Request
December 23,2015
Med's Done....
January 6, 2016
Passport Req..
Patiently waiting
LANDED..........
In GODS time
wadz said:
Hi everyone,

Yes, we were granted with visa and its good to share the wonderful news that having a heart problem is not a big deal with CIC, as
long as the applicant is mobile and active. So guys stay fit and healthy.

Do not entertain any kind of fears and worries, instead bend your knees,pray and believe.

At the end of the day, I know each of us have a GREAT story to tell.

HI wadz Good to hear that you had your visa!! I am a principal applicant under PNP i am so scared about my heart problem i have mitral regurgitation and my cardiologist here in canada already told me to have my valve replaced since it it covered by ALberta Health .... I am praying that I am still admissible. I let GOD make his way...

I will send you PM btway. GODBless

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rosan1021 said:
HI wadz Good to hear that you had your visa!! I am a principal applicant under PNP i am so scared about my heart problem i have mitral regurgitation and my cardiologist here in canada already told me to have my valve replaced since it it covered by ALberta Health .... I am praying that I am still admissible. I let GOD make his way...

I will send you PM btway. GODBless
Your best option is to have the procedure done sooner than later. Excessive demand relates to future costs, not past costs, so if the procedure is done, the cost of it will not be considered as part of the medical evaluation - only any post-procedure costs.

naveenwashere

Jun 6, 2015
Hi Art,

I see that, in one of your replies, you mentioned that Pancreatic disorders and related treatments could lead to a rejection in VISA for PR. I've had Chronic Pancreatitis for about 6 years now but recently my doctor suggested surgery so that I get a long term solution to my problem, and I've undergone the surgery too.

Do you have any idea if it could still lead to the rejection of Visa or do you think I should go ahead with the process and see how it goes? Any suggestions? Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Naveen

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
My wife is a known diabetic. She has just been called for another urine test because they found sugar in her urine. She earlier told the physician that she was a known diabetic. I am the principal applicant and mine was okay and has been uploaded to cic. Someone please I need your help. Please advise me.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
My mother has diabetes and takes a medicine (whatever most diabetics take those pills). She had no issues passing medicals and is now a PR as I had sponsored her under parental program. However, she checks/controls her sugar levels by diet, walk and the pill (such as glucophage, or Janumet, etc). She did not have to do any extra tests or checking. She passed easily. So as long as everything else seems in order, it should be ok. Diabetes by itself is not a "high risk" thing provided you manage it well, its common everywhere in the world these days.
As long as you manage it well and are controlling it as best u can, shouldn't be a big issue. Talk to the panel physician and tell them how you're managing it, taking medicine, etc. I think doctors are more concerned with other organs such as eyes, kidneys, etc so checking them is good too.

Best of luck, hope you get your PR without further hiccups.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
canvis2006 said:
My mother has diabetes and takes a medicine (whatever most diabetics take those pills). She had no issues passing medicals and is now a PR as I had sponsored her under parental program. However, she checks/controls her sugar levels by diet, walk and the pill (such as glucophage, or Janumet, etc). She did not have to do any extra tests or checking. She passed easily. So as long as everything else seems in order, it should be ok. Diabetes by itself is not a "high risk" thing provided you manage it well, its common everywhere in the world these days.
As long as you manage it well and are controlling it as best u can, shouldn't be a big issue. Talk to the panel physician and tell them how you're managing it, taking medicine, etc. I think doctors are more concerned with other organs such as eyes, kidneys, etc so checking them is good too.

Best of luck, hope you get your PR without further hiccups.

Thanks canvis2006. Grateful for the counsel.

bukhari_07

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Doc's Request.
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
18-01-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Passport Req..
waiting............
Dear seniors,
Two days back me and family had medical for immigration on fsw 14. Doctor asked about medical history. I told him that my wife is diabetic. They conduct hba1c. Now issue is that my wife suger is not controlled and I conduct same test from market nad result is 11.4. Which is high. All organs are functioning proper. And she started using insulin. But now we are worried about our immigration process. Will that adversely effect our immigration process? And what l be the next step? Also I regret that why I told doctor about debates otherwise everything was smooth. Did I made a blunder? Please guide seniors

wtym

May 13, 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 December 2014
Doc's Request.
30 March 2015
Nomination.....
09 March 2015
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with Application
File Transfer...
05 March 2015
Med's Request
20 August 2015
Med's Done....
08 September 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 September 2015
LANDED..........
Summer 2016
bukhari_07 said:
Dear seniors,
Two days back me and family had medical for immigration on fsw 14. Doctor asked about medical history. I told him that my wife is diabetic. They conduct hba1c. Now issue is that my wife suger is not controlled and I conduct same test from market nad result is 11.4. Which is high. All organs are functioning proper. And she started using insulin. But now we are worried about our immigration process. Will that adversely effect our immigration process? And what l be the next step? Also I regret that why I told doctor about debates otherwise everything was smooth. Did I made a blunder? Please guide seniors
You did the right thing by telling the truth to your doctor, otherwise they can know by the result of your wife's test. In my opinion, try at this time in any possible way to control her sugar, so that when the doctor request to conduct test again, it should be fine, :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bukhari_07 said:
Dear seniors,
Being truthful is a legal requirement of the immigration process. If you are caught lying you can be banned for misrepresentation (and if you are a PR or Citizen they can be rescinded on the basis of misrepresentation).

As for the medical condition, the cost of treating diabetes is seldom excessive demand (the only issue involved).

Remember: Except for illnesses that are a threat to public health/safety (like tuberculosis), CIC does not refuse someone on the basis of the specific medical condition. They may refuse someone on the basis of cost. Determining cost requires understanding the illness and the required treatment.

subsidy12

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
bukhari_07 said:
Dear seniors,
not a problem at all, she maybe asked to do further test. most importantly you need to work with your wife to control her sugar level. Diabetes is a silent killer and i am sure you want her around for a very long time.

drugs+diet+exercise and she will be fine. PR or no PR pls her health is very important at this point. all the best

Reactions: Miracle2018

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Sigh.

There are three grounds upon which CIC may reject your application for medical reasons:

(1) "People with a health condition that is likely to be a danger to public health [A38(1)(a)]"
(2) "People with a health condition that is likely to be a danger to public safety [A38(1)(b)]"
(3) "People with a health condition that might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services [A38(1)(c)]"

Tuberculosis and syphilis are usually cited for the first two examples, but I'm sure there are others as well.

Some conditions may be covered by the third example. For example, someone cited AIDS - "they only worried about transferable disease , like TV and AIDS". This isn't even correct, since it's not deemed to be a danger to public health or safety.

Diabetes is not considered to be a public health or safety issue. Thus the only issue is around excessive demand.

A condition such as diabetes is evaluated based upon the cost of treatment. As long as the cost of treatment is less than the allowed value (currently ~ $6100 per year) then you would not be medically inadmissible due to excessive demand. So one question would be to ask what the cost of the diabetes drugs you are taking are in Canada and if they are covered by the medical plan in the province where you will be landing. Finding out drug costs in Canada is a bit challenging - I usually use the Quebec RAMQ manual, since it is available online and lists the price the province pays. Finding out coverage usually requires understanding the coverage in the province where you intend on landing.

If the medical service decides you are excessive demand, you will receive a fairness letter that explains their finding. You may challenge their medical opinion and you may provide a cost mitigation plan. I would suggest coming back and asking if you need help in this area and are unwilling to hire one of the handful of lawyers who have serious solid experience in this area.

I serious doubt your diabetes will cause a problem, unless the cost of the drug is very high and you would be eligible for provincial drug coverage for it.

For the record: I have been through this whole process - from having an issue turn up in the immigration medical, to receiving a follow-up letter, to receiving a fairness letter, to putting together a comprehensive response, including a strong mitigation plan, a rejection and then applying for JR and being granted leave. In fact, it's only last week that I agreed to withdraw my JR application once CIC agreed to issue a PR visa on my second application - and I believe they did so because they were very likely to lose.

On the positive front, I can tell you that CIC doesn't do well in court on medical inadmissibility cases in the FSW application area - they lose something like 75% of the JR applications.

Good luck!

What of a young man who is hypertensive with family history? Can he be rejected?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What of a young man who is hypertensive with family history? Can he be rejected?
If it's easily controlled with medication - then he should not be rejected.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

Yes, we were granted with visa and its good to share the wonderful news that having a heart problem is not a big deal with CIC, as
long as the applicant is mobile and active. So guys stay fit and healthy.

Do not entertain any kind of fears and worries, instead bend your knees,pray and believe.

At the end of the day, I know each of us have a GREAT story to tell.

Wow, wads good to know you guys scaled through. Please do you know if having Hyoertension and mild cardiomegaly could be a problem? Apart from hypertension, did ur hubby have anything else?

Thanks

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
X
If it's easily controlled with medication - then he should not be rejected.
Thanks, i am actually the person. I am hypertensive but on the day of my medicals BP was okay as I am on medications. I also told the doctor about it.

I think my concern is the Hypertension plus cardiomegaly. Do you know ispf such exceeds the medical admissibility coverage of CANADA?

amosaddegh

Feb 2, 2018
I am diabetic too and I received email few days ago that my visa is ready for issuance and I should send copies of my passport. If ur diabetes is under control then there is no chance that they will reject your application.

Faisal
I am diabetic too, but it is type 2 and my cost is less than 600$ a year. I am in stress too and hope I will pass my MR too. Thanks for your insightful comments