+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Diabetic would i be rejected my PR in Canada?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Regina said:
No. They are worried about deceases which treatment could be a burden on Health Care System and social assistance. (concerning TV, if it is treated already there should not be a problem).
Because people with diabetes get a lot of social help being a diabetic could be a problem. However, I have never heard that any diabetic was rejected because of his condition.
There are three grounds on which someone can be refused for medical reason: threat to public health, threat to public safety and excessive demand on social/health services.

Active TB and syphilis fall under the first two categories, as would other communicable diseases. HIV, diabetes, downs syndrome, ALS, MS, and other chronic conditions fall under the excessive demand category.

Excessive demand is strictly financial. A child that requires special education services won't pass this threshold generally because special education is expensive. Chronic conditions may be able to meet the restriction if they do not have a high associated cost. But each case is unique.

Note that if any family member is inadmissible the entire family is inadmissible.

Alex2012

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014; Received: 21-07-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged: 05-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 15-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application.
Med's Request
27-02-2015 (ECAS indicates 26-02-2015)
Med's Done....
19-03-2015 (Received furtherance medical exam notice for wife on 08-04-2015. Submitted medical report and follow-up laboratory test results on 14-05-2015). Medical results received on 20-05-2015.
Passport Req..
25-05-2015 Passports Received by CEM: 29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 12-06-2015 Visa Received: 23/06/2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
computergeek said:
The family exemption only applies to family class sponsored applications, not to economic class applications.
Thank you for the clarification, computergeek.

Miss Mia

Mar 10, 2013
Alex2012 said:
Hello, Miss Mia and Ma'am Wadz.

I read on your cases and I would like you to know that we have the same case too. My wife has RHD since her childhood, but with God's mercy and grace we were blessed with a child despite the danger that she went through during her pregnancy. As of now, she is just taking medication to control the stickiness of her blood although as advised by our cardiologist the ultimate and long term solution is still surgery.

Same as in your cases, I am also the principal applicant. We just received our PER last week. While waiting for the MR and the condition of my wife in mind, I am doing a research about our case. One of the information I have obtained is from the CIC website itself. Just search for "medical exemptions". I have the link but I am not allowed here to post links.

Anyway, the ff. are stated in that link:

Exemptions from inadmissibility on grounds of excessive demand
As per paragraphs R24, R117(g) and R139(4), excessive demand determinations under A38(1)(c) do not apply to:

* spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
* a dependent child (including an adopted a child) of the sponsor, or of the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
* Convention Refugees;
* protected persons.

Although such individuals must undertake a full immigration medical examination, they are not assessed for excessive demand.

I am not sure if this is applicable in our case, but I do hope and pray that, with this guidelines, everything will turn our fine in our applications.

May God bless us and our families in this endeavor and always.
hello Wadz,

I sent u back a personal message...,sorry im out of towm for a couple of weeks for training.

Its still in a complete silence...Im getting hopeless and I tried calling the Cic for any updates but they told me to wait 'til d end of this year.

How about you?

Miss Mia

Mar 10, 2013
Alex2012 said:

I read on your cases and I would like you to know that we have the same case too. My wife has RHD since her childhood, but with God's mercy and grace we were blessed with a child despite the danger that she went through during her pregnancy. As of now, she is just taking medication to control the stickiness of her blood although as advised by our cardiologist the ultimate and long term solution is still surgery.

Same as in your cases, I am also the principal applicant. We just received our PER last week. While waiting for the MR and the condition of my wife in mind, I am doing a research about our case. One of the information I have obtained is from the CIC website itself. Just search for "medical exemptions". I have the link but I am not allowed here to post links.

As per paragraphs R24, R117(g) and R139(4), excessive demand determinations under A38(1)(c) do not apply to:

* a dependent child (including an adopted a child) of the sponsor, or of the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
* Convention Refugees;
* protected persons.

Although such individuals must undertake a full immigration medical examination, they are not assessed for excessive demand.

I am not sure if this is applicable in our case, but I do hope and pray that, with this guidelines, everything will turn our fine in our applications.

Hello Alex, welcome to d club... 8) Let's just crossed our fingers that everything will turn out positive.The three of us...We're in the same boat,

Let's hope for miracle to happen!Good luck to all of us and keep us posted always!

Miss Mia

Mar 10, 2013
Alex2012 said:

* Convention Refugees;
* protected persons.

Hello Alex,

Welcome to d club... 8)

As I was reading ur message...I was enlighten a bit...as i thought,i am alone in this world having this kind of situation.

I did lots of readings and research too regarding my hubby's health problem but its too hard for me to make the final decision since i have'nt heard any from the Cic after their medical.Im getting hopeless and about to give up...They told me to wait 'til d end of this year!

How about u, in what stage r u now?and what category did u applied for?R u in Canada right now?

Let's all crossed our fingers and hope for the best! For I know God always make a way for everything.

Good luck to all of us and keep in touch always!

wadz

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-08-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
sent together with application
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-09-2014; spouse submitted further medical test 18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS DM 24-01-2015 DATE VISA ISSUED: 21.01.2015 VISA RECEIVED: 31.01.2015
LANDED..........
in God's perfect time
Hi Alex and Ms Mia,

After 2.5 months of waiting since my medical exams, LVO emailed yesterday that my hubby would undergo medical furtherance tests. Addl tests are not specified. I would assume one of the tests would be 2D echo as he already undergone ECG and Crea tests.

Perhaps I will be sad, BUT on the other hand I am happy to know that my application is still active.

Let us all keep waiting and never loose hope. Happy Thanksgiving!

maha shahzad

Star Member
Apr 30, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th May 2014
Nomination.....
22 sept 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 december 2014
Med's Done....
7th jan 2015
Interview........
rprf ,pcc, ppr1..........5th january 2015, SUBMITTED ON 2nd feb 2015
Passport Req..
23rd feb 2015 ,pp sent 9th march
VISA ISSUED...
21 march 2015
LANDED..........
15 July 2015
Aoa, we had our medical 1 day ago. As my husband is diabetic, we told thm,. Bp was normal, urine glucose was not found. N they referred him for hba1c n creatinine serum tests wth additional charges
The whole process lasted for 2.5hours.
They told us they will contact us in 2 days if further tests r needed else we must assume that our medicals has been dispatched....
Every phone call startle us. Today is gonna be that 2nd day.........
Im so fed up of all this struggle. CIC Must clearly warn all diabetic not to apply for FSw....I fearof becoming diabetic myself due to stress
I recvd PCc n RPrf on 5th january., given 45 days to submitt....
I need suggestion , should i wait till my ECas 3rd line is updated,n then submit rprf, bcoz God Forbid, if my medicals r reason for rejection, then claiming rprf would be impossible.

Plz diabetic forumites, suggest me out.............

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
maha shahzad said:
Aoa, we had our medical 1 day ago. As my husband is diabetic, we told thm,. Bp was normal, urine glucose was not found. N they referred him for hba1c n creatinine serum tests wth additional charges
The whole process lasted for 2.5hours.
They told us they will contact us in 2 days if further tests r needed else we must assume that our medicals has been dispatched....
Every phone call startle us. Today is gonna be that 2nd day.........
Im so fed up of all this struggle. CIC Must clearly warn all diabetic not to apply for FSw....I fearof becoming diabetic myself due to stress
I recvd PCc n RPrf on 5th january., given 45 days to submitt....
I need suggestion , should i wait till my ECas 3rd line is updated,n then submit rprf, bcoz God Forbid, if my medicals r reason for rejection, then claiming rprf would be impossible.

Plz diabetic forumites, suggest me out.............
May Allah reduce your stress.

maspogi21

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
CC: 18-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 12-01-2015
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
soon
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi to all! especially to the pinoys who have medical issues with themselves, spouses, etc...
I have a pre-diabetic condition but my wife is a diabetic patient herself for last couple of years...her bs level is fluctuating and uncontrolled since she could not tolerate the side effects of her meds...
anyways, we are keen to control her bs level as our PR visa is in process already, although i am yet to receive aor this month...
any good news from wadz, mia, and alex...hoping the bests in your applications...keep on praying...God bless....

DDDD2014

Star Member
Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 05-02-2015
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
MR 11-06-2015
Med's Done....
IOM 26-06-2015 / Submitted to CEM 06-07-2015 / TLU 13-07-2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
21-07-2015 / Passports received 24-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015 / VOH 05-08-2015 :)
LANDED..........
hopefully by September 2015 :)
computergeek said:
This is generally an acceptable option. Once the procedure is done, the costs involved are those of routine follow-up care. In such a case that routine follow-up care is not considered to be excessive demand.

Unless it is backed up by some independent third party, this will not be persuasive to CIC - remember, there is no enforcement mechanism for such a promise and thus they give it little weight. If you had insurance that covered such costs then that would be considered, but again, by itself is not necessarily sufficient to satisfy CIC.

If one were immigrating to BC or AB, it might also work to opt out of public funded health care (both these provinces permit such an option) and this is better when combined with some sort of private insurance coverage. This wouldn't be an option for those provinces that do not permit someone from "opting out" of public funded health care, though, and I don't know if CIC would find this acceptable (though it at least provides a model by which care is not provided at public expense).

A well-crafted response is vital to being successful in such cases. A good response will overcome the finding of inadmissibility or in the alternative provide a solid basis for challenging CIC in Federal Court. That is why it is definitely best to work with an attorney familiar with A38 inadmissibility issues - and that's a very small subset of immigration attorneys.

Hi computergeek,

Currently awaiting MR...

Would like to seek your opinion about my daughter who has a dilated left coronary artery from a previous illness Y2013 (Kawasaki Disease-not contagious). This has left her with a dilated left coronary artery and is on blood thinner meds and has 2D echo tests every 6months / once a year.
She looks like any normal teen-ager and even joined the track & field team in her school..

What can we provide to show that her condition will not warrant denial of our PR application..

We're scared that either this will cause a delay or (knock on wood) a negative impact on our application..

Hope you guys can share your thought on this...

Thanks..

Alex2012

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014; Received: 21-07-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged: 05-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 15-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application.
Med's Request
27-02-2015 (ECAS indicates 26-02-2015)
Med's Done....
19-03-2015 (Received furtherance medical exam notice for wife on 08-04-2015. Submitted medical report and follow-up laboratory test results on 14-05-2015). Medical results received on 20-05-2015.
Passport Req..
25-05-2015 Passports Received by CEM: 29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 12-06-2015 Visa Received: 23/06/2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
Hello guys.

We are still waiting for our MR.

As far as I know, Wadz and her family have already received their visas. Her case is really a source of inspiration and hope.

Let's just keep on praying for our success too. God bless us all.

maspogi21 said:
Hi to all! especially to the pinoys who have medical issues with themselves, spouses, etc...
I have a pre-diabetic condition but my wife is a diabetic patient herself for last couple of years...her bs level is fluctuating and uncontrolled since she could not tolerate the side effects of her meds...
anyways, we are keen to control her bs level as our PR visa is in process already, although i am yet to receive aor this month...
any good news from wadz, mia, and alex...hoping the bests in your applications...keep on praying...God bless....

Reactions: Bunny face

wadz

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-08-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
sent together with application
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-09-2014; spouse submitted further medical test 18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS DM 24-01-2015 DATE VISA ISSUED: 21.01.2015 VISA RECEIVED: 31.01.2015
LANDED..........
in God's perfect time
Hi everyone,

Yes, we were granted with visa and its good to share the wonderful news that having a heart problem is not a big deal with CIC, as
long as the applicant is mobile and active. So guys stay fit and healthy.

Do not entertain any kind of fears and worries, instead bend your knees,pray and believe.

At the end of the day, I know each of us have a GREAT story to tell.

Reactions: Miracle2018

DDDD2014

Star Member
Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 05-02-2015
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
MR 11-06-2015
Med's Done....
IOM 26-06-2015 / Submitted to CEM 06-07-2015 / TLU 13-07-2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
21-07-2015 / Passports received 24-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015 / VOH 05-08-2015 :)
LANDED..........
hopefully by September 2015 :)
wadz said:
Hi everyone,

Yes, we were granted with visa and its good to share the wonderful news that having a heart problem is not a big deal with CIC, as
long as the applicant is mobile and active. So guys stay fit and healthy.

Do not entertain any kind of fears and worries, instead bend your knees,pray and believe.

At the end of the day, I know each of us have a GREAT story to tell.

Thanks for your words of encouragement...praying that we will all pass our Medicals & successfully receive our visas!

Congrats Ms. Wadz & God Bless :)

sidhuhyderabad

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2014
Doc's Request.
09/11/2014
Nomination.....
12//1/2015
AOR Received.
04/02/2015
IELTS Request
sent already with application (Lis-8.5,reading 7.5, writing 7.5, speaking 7)
File Transfer...
26/02/2015
Med's Request
SLU 21st april 2015
Med's Done....
waiting april 3rd week i think
Interview........
waived off hopefully
Passport Req..
may 2nd week
VISA ISSUED...
june or july i think luckily
LANDED..........
O Canada! Our home and native land! True patriot love in all thy sons command. With glowing hearts we see thee rise, The True North strong and free! From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. God keep our land glorious and free! O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
im secondary applicant, my wife went through ectopic pregnancy, her sugar levels were veryhigh 260, after going through trauma, now she is under control, my self have got hypothyroid but never took medicine coz its under control, i never used medication for thyroid, next month v might get aa call for medicals, plz suggest me that shall i reveal that i hv thyroid problem, look i said before that levels are perfetly alrite, i maintain a very healthy diet, plz suggest me

aanchal

Jan 27, 2015
Ramesh85 said:
I am applying for PR in Federal Skilled Worker Program which is supposed to open on Jan 1st. I am recently diagnosed of diabetes and it is in control. I am using a single pill which would keep my blood sugars below normal just like any other individual. If i hide this fact and apply for PR would this be a problem? would they come to know during my medical? If i am letting them know while applying would that impact my PR application and get rejected as i read some medical conditions can reject my application..

Is there anyone over here who applied for PR with Diabetes and was approved or some one who hid the fact and still got approved? I was even told by doctor that i can stop medication gradually in few months as i have my sugar levels in control. btw i am just 26yrs old.

Staŕ having jamun seed pd or juicè. U will get at patanjali it will keep ur sugar normal and will give normal study. I too am in same boat. And also strt fish oil tht helps u alot .