+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I already have a valid CSQ(Quebec Selection Certificate) , Can i apply for Federal Express Entry ?

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Experts, @rajahoomi @Emilybrown @cherti
@Ghostrider0789

@hjf123

I already have my CSQ but not yet applied for paper PR (was not sure of EE invite due to low CRS so applied)
now If I got ITA in this CEC @75 draw then I think I can apply for EE and proceed which is faster that CSQ paper PR ?? I am out side Canada right now and in India.

-- help with the situation. I hope someone had faced similar situation

Thanks.

Last edited:

jetashah

Mar 21, 2021
You are getting misinformed in this thread by someone who do not know the difference between CSQ and QSW and quirks of Quebec immigration.
I understand your situation exactly. Getting a PR thru QSW is a very long one and nowadays it has been getting longer than ever before. High skilled talented people should never opt to work in Quebec. They should leave Quebec immediately after getting 1 year Canadian work experience or if and when they get enough points for Express Entry.

Having CSQ does not deter you from applying for express entry. CSQ is a not an immigrant application. QSW is an immigrant application. Now in EE there is a place where it will ask if you have a CSQ. You should tell yes and enter your CSQ number there. You should also add a letter of explanation citing all the reasons that you do not want to stay in Quebec. This is the process when you apply for EE from Quebec.

Now getting back to your individual situation.

Plan 1

Since you have got your CSQ, you employer do not need to apply LMIA or CAQ to extend your permit. Your employer should apply in Canada employer portal ( pay 200$ fee) and get a job reference number for you. In parallel you apply for QSW and following QSW immediately apply for work permit extension yourself with the employer reference number and your QSW AOR letter.

Now the problem here is since QSW is a paper process, you will have to wait longer to get AOR for QSW. If you have time, then go thru this process. Once you get your work permit extended. Say goodbye to Quebec and your a-hole employer, move out, apply for EE and live happily ever after.

Plan 2

If Plan 1 is impossible, your only way to stay in Canada is to move out of Quebec, apply Express Entry asap and once you get your AOR apply for BOWP. Because staying in Quebec and applying for BOWP will most likely get rejected.

---

If your employer had helped in your closed work permit process, you could have stayed in Quebec and applied Express Entry, but since your employer is not helping, the only way is it move out of Quebec and apply EE asap and get BOWP. Change to visitor visa if possible to help in this transition.
Looking at Plan 1, I have CSQ and applied for QSW, waiting for AOR. And the extended WP I have is closed one, so its not possible to leave Quebec/my employer. But its expiring in 6 months and I am looking for options other than closed work permit.
So if I still apply for EE with an intention to settle out of Quebec, is there a chance of getting BOWP?
You are getting misinformed in this thread by someone who do not know the difference between CSQ and QSW and quirks of Quebec immigration.
I understand your situation exactly. Getting a PR thru QSW is a very long one and nowadays it has been getting longer than ever before. High skilled talented people should never opt to work in Quebec. They should leave Quebec immediately after getting 1 year Canadian work experience or if and when they get enough points for Express Entry.

Having CSQ does not deter you from applying for express entry. CSQ is a not an immigrant application. QSW is an immigrant application. Now in EE there is a place where it will ask if you have a CSQ. You should tell yes and enter your CSQ number there. You should also add a letter of explanation citing all the reasons that you do not want to stay in Quebec. This is the process when you apply for EE from Quebec.

Now getting back to your individual situation.

Plan 1

Since you have got your CSQ, you employer do not need to apply LMIA or CAQ to extend your permit. Your employer should apply in Canada employer portal ( pay 200$ fee) and get a job reference number for you. In parallel you apply for QSW and following QSW immediately apply for work permit extension yourself with the employer reference number and your QSW AOR letter.

Now the problem here is since QSW is a paper process, you will have to wait longer to get AOR for QSW. If you have time, then go thru this process. Once you get your work permit extended. Say goodbye to Quebec and your a-hole employer, move out, apply for EE and live happily ever after.

Plan 2

If Plan 1 is impossible, your only way to stay in Canada is to move out of Quebec, apply Express Entry asap and once you get your AOR apply for BOWP. Because staying in Quebec and applying for BOWP will most likely get rejected.

---

If your employer had helped in your closed work permit process, you could have stayed in Quebec and applied Express Entry, but since your employer is not helping, the only way is it move out of Quebec and apply EE asap and get BOWP. Change to visitor visa if possible to help in this transition.

While creating EE profile, where to mention that you already posses CSQ?
As under Nomination Certificate question they have all other provinces except Quebec. There's no section asking you if you have a CSQ other than that part.

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
I have a valid CSQ and i want to apply for PR so My question is Can i Apply for Federal Express Entry Program and get my PR in a faster mode rather than going for a normal application of PR which will take more water damage restoration time than Federal Express Entry ??
meaning CSQ application is in process and got Express Entry invitation as well (after sometime)

chandan1225

Jul 8, 2020
I have kind of similar situation. The only difference is, in CSQ, I was the main applicant (holding LMIA) and in CEC My wife is a main applicant.

I want to leave quebec because in finding out job, French is a main hurdle. My wife straggled a lot and got reject 3-4 times because of mandatory French. Employer 1st question was about language.

In my case, I just want to get rid of my current employer asap and if I have to go thru CSQ then it will be another 2-3 years to get the PR.

I want to know, Do I need to hand over my CSQ 1st as I want to go for CEC?

jetashah

Mar 21, 2021
I have kind of similar situation. The only difference is, in CSQ, I was the main applicant (holding LMIA) and in CEC My wife is a main applicant.

I want to leave quebec because in finding out job, French is a main hurdle. My wife straggled a lot and got reject 3-4 times because of mandatory French. Employer 1st question was about language.

In my case, I just want to get rid of my current employer asap and if I have to go thru CSQ then it will be another 2-3 years to get the PR.

I want to know, Do I need to hand over my CSQ 1st as I want to go for CEC?
No they don't ask you to withdraw right away but going further you will have to choose either Quebec or out of Quebec.